Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)What sups do you take and in what dose?
2)What are they for?
3)What benefits do you see from taking them?
4)Where is the best place to buy them?
5)Are there any others that look promising on the horizon?

(thread suggested by Lexi2009)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I'll take a jab at this one tomorrow. I'm tired and need to go to bed and it is gonna take some real time and thought to post on this topic.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Oh My! Actually you suggested it I said yes to it!

I take:

3k mg vitamin C (3 x 1000mg tablets and repeat at night)
One multi-vitamin (centrum complete)
Acidophilus (two capsules over 1 billion live cultures each morning and night)
Bifidus (same as above)
Vitamin E 2000 iu's (two 1k tablets)
Vitamin B Complete (1 tablet varying doses of all B-vitamins)
B-12 5000 zipmelt (energy!)
Biotin 5000 (good for skin, hair and nails)
Beta Carotene 15 (2 tablets this is good for skin, free radicals and gives skin a nice hue if you take enough-can also drink carrot juice which I also do)
Vitamin D-3 400mg (good for bones)
Resveratrol 500 mg (two tablets morning and night--anti-aging supplement the age defying ingredient in wine/grapes)
COQ10 100mg (two capsules morning and one capsule at night)
Lecithin 1000mg ( 2 capsules good for liver and to aid in any fatty foods to dissolve fat in liver from fatty diet or alcohol etc)
OptiLiver 2 tablets morning and night(several liver protecting ingredients proprietary blend from Whole Food Markets-liver is important to keep healthy to fight aging)
Green Tea Complex 500 mg (2 morning and night plus I drink tons of green tea-decaf)
Lycopene (antioxidant 2 30mg tablets 1 morning one at night)
Flax Seed Oil 1300mg (one morning and night)
Garlic capsules 1000mg (two morning and night)
Omega Complex (GNC one morning and night)
Evening Primrose 1300 (1 tablet at night)
Valerian Root Extract 500mg (1 tablet at night)
Melatonin 3mg (one tablet at night)
L-Tryptophan 500mg (1 at night)
Magnesium 500 (two at night)
Zinc 50 (one in the morning)
Calcium Plus 1000 (one in the morning)
Chromium Picolonate 500 mg (one in the morning)
L-tyrosine 500mg (two in the morning)
L-lysine 1000mg (one in the morning)

I know I am leaving things out but I will add if I recall more! I also drink Bojenmi tea which is supposedly a cleanser and beauty tea, lots of green tea, herbal teas as per condition need, and eat at least 120% RDA of Fiber/Fibre by eating loads of fruits vegetables and fiber bars!

I think I must be leaving things out but that is off the top of my head!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Oh yes--I drink a drinkable Activia every morning and every night my dessert is assorted fruits mixed with two Activia yoghurts. Dinner is usually my lightest meal, a salad with tuna and garlic or just a salad with assorted vegetables and fruits.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
How can I forget--also take 4 Himalaya Liv-52 capsules two in the morning and two at night. Like Periwinkle says, this takes a lot of thought!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
I have listed my 4 pages of the supplements I take already
. I think mireckca or mari or someone did this awhile back-LOL I thought you did too? This could take me all night to post mine I have since probably added 5 more-

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow.....I think I need to make a trip to the health food store...I cannot buy all of those, I would need a 2nd and 3rd job LOL.....( I just lost my 1st a few months ago) so what would you recommend I should def start with. I take a multi vitamin, B, E, and C and Omega 3, what else do you think would be beneficial. Do you notice any obvious changes since you have been taking these supplements??

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
well.......do you take a multi? that is where I would start. Periwinkle is the one you need in the vitamin dept, in my opinion. No offense to the others I am sure they are all knowledgeable as well, but periwinkle

I am sorry to hear about you loosing your job, I did not know that, hang in there, it is tough times this world is going through right now.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
sorry you do take a mulit
told you periwinkle is the one-

·
Registered
2 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best way to loose weight is to do regular exercise. Yes it sounds obvious but it true!

Not only exercise but eating a well balanced diet. Fruits, vegs, water, brown rice. Ect. I would look on the Internet and type in healthy foods to eat while on a diet.

I go to the gym 4xweek and do running if I find the time. You don't have to do as much as me but start slow and build your strength.

When you see that your body is changing bit-by-bit you get well HAPPY! LOL

Take one step at a time. And don't give up!

I like to take supplements also. Thing such as colon cleanse vitamin c. Just to give my body a boost. Especially the colon cleanse at night before I go bed as it cleanses my bowls. I feel lighter in the morning and my stomach is not as bloated.

I use a product called Bowrol, I have used it for months now and I find it helps a lot. I found this product on a blog.

Lets wish us all good look to a healthily life style

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Gemini I do colon cleanses often but not daily! I also left out my Psyllium Husk as well speaking of that! I eat a lot of fiber as well.

Momof2girlz---I also am not in the best financial shape. I am a small business owner and do marketing, media sales and some journalism and translations and business is anything but good these days. A lot of my contracts are gone due to companies going bust! I unfortunately work in tourism! So I do hear your pain! The two things I have always made sure I afforded have been my supplements and my skincare! That said I am OTT with the supplements and I do not believe that I am alone in that judging from the posts! In my honest opinion I think health wise the most important supplements are multi-vitamins, antioxidants and good colon health. Most of your immune system is in the colon so keeping things moving dumps toxins which in turn eases the work of your liver which if overloaded can cause aging. The most important antioxidants are A, C and E. I take A in the form of beta-carotene which is safer and also good for the skin.

The rest are what I consider superfluous-that is they are just add-ons and not essential. Some may argue with that but a well-balanced diet usually meets most nutritional needs. Even the issue with Vitamin D is only a real issue if you do not get sun-exposure. Adequate sun exposure in moderation is good for you despite what many say. Even many dermatologists will readily say this. I for one have suffered "tanorexia" and know too much is not good but I also believe too little is bad as well.

This all said I believe that if you eat right and take the multi-vitamin and perhaps the anti-oxidants and do a fast now and then or a colon cleanse, then you should be fine!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have listed my 4 pages of the supplements I take already
. I think mireckca or mari or someone did this awhile back-LOL I thought you did too? This could take me all night to post mine I have since probably added 5 more-
Yeah, sorry but alot of us spent alot of time listing our supplements. I am not going to do it again either. I take too many and would like to drop some - so it is not an optimal list.

And I do not know where to get the best price for them because I haven't done enough searching. For me, time is money and convenience - so I may be willing to pay a little more for the product itself in order to avoid transportation costs looking all over the city, or shipping and customs costs getting things shipped over the border.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Something i would be interested in knowing is does anyone here think taking so so so many tables can play havoc with your insides, its sounds scary to me taking so many vitamins and supplements and just wondering if you guys know of the possible long terms effects of these pills, if any?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Something i would be interested in knowing is does anyone here think taking so so so many tables can play havoc with your insides, its sounds scary to me taking so many vitamins and supplements and just wondering if you guys know of the possible long terms effects of these pills, if any?
The vitamins and supplements which are harmful, like vitamin A (not beta carotene form) are harmful and I stay away from them. Most of the others are basically well balanced which I take. I know for example, to take certain pills to offset what others may deplete. Anything excess is usually just passed in the urine. I always know if I drink a bit too much the next day my body uses all the B vitamins, but normally I will urinate out a very yellow urine the first time I go after my morning b vitamins. I do not think they are harmful but do think many of us get excessive about them, myself included.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Saklig you are above recommended but below the highest therapeutic dose. It is recommended to take 30-90mg per day. I personally take 300mg per day but this one is actually because Parkinson's Disease runs in my family and early at that so I am using the dose used to treat pre-Parkinson's conditions as I am paranoid I will get it. It is on my mother's side her mother died from it and her sister has it and I think she is getting it now too though she will not admit it to herself. I have always been shakey and take after her mother in all ways so I am being extra cautious. You are pretty much right on though with 100mg unless you have heart disease, parkinsons or gum disease.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts