Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These supplements have been on medical reports to aid and help remove blotchiness, discoloration, unevenness etc. in addition to topical treatments:

1. Pomegranate Extract Pills
2. Ellagic Acid
3. Vitamin E
4. Ferulic Acid

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting stuff bro. Vitamin E makes sense as does Ferulic acid, although I think the effects of all four of the products you mention are only marginally effective unless applied topically.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Do you have any guidelines as to what amts a person must take in order to see lightening?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to take 2 pills of each a day, one in the monring and one at night, pick them up in whatever mgs they have at the pharmacy, there are many antioxidants/vitamins out there but these listed above help the body inhibit melanin production whereas the others like zinc, a b c help the body MAKE them. If you order them from certain sites like vitacost or I forget the other but do your research then its very cheap to get one bottle that will last u a month.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
You have to take 2 pills of each a day, one in the monring and one at night, pick them up in whatever mgs they have at the pharmacy, there are many antioxidants/vitamins out there but these listed above help the body inhibit melanin production whereas the others like zinc, a b c help the body MAKE them. If you order them from certain sites like vitacost or I forget the other but do your research then its very cheap to get one bottle that will last u a month.

Sold...this is around $6 for 500 mg... im gonna try it...Source Naturals Pomegranate Extract -- 500 mg - 60 Tablets - Vitacost
:
Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Ive recently added the POM brand of pomegranate juice to my diet. It tastes awful so I doctor it with 1 1/2 tsp spenda & ice. Then, I can gaak it down w/o dying. It is too soon for me to claim that it is doing anything for me, though. The juice is expensive here: $5 for a small bottle. $12 for the big one. The small one contains enough for 3-4 small glasses. I'll definitely check the health food place for the supplements because it is likely much more economical.

·
Registered
11 Posts
These supplements have been on medical reports to aid and help remove blotchiness, discoloration, unevenness etc. in addition to topical treatments:

1. Pomegranate Extract Pills
2. Ellagic Acid
3. Vitamin E
4. Ferulic Acid
I've also seen report show high intakes of Vitamin C, and organic Sulfur

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've also seen report show high intakes of Vitamin C, and organic Sulfur
I'm taking organic sulfur (MSM). I've only been on it for a couple of months and it can take up to a year, but it's cheap and very good for me anyway, and I like thinking that I'm working from the outside in as well as the inside out

·
Registered
208 Posts
I happened upon a substance sheerly by accident because it was the subject of a scientific study on anti-aging and UVA and UVB rays.

I purchased it to get extra protection from the harmful UV rays and as an adjunct to my sunblock, which is Athelios. I like the idea of having the extra protection from the inside out. In fact, such is generally my strategy as I also fast and flush and get excellent results in terms of "preparing the skin canvas" for a new regimen.

It contains a large dose of Vitamin A and some fern plant...I do not recall the scientific name of the fern.

I got results I never intended to see, such as the lightening of old scars, smoother skin and the increased efficacy of my topicals.

I do not remember where i bought it online...i think the company has a website. The product is called Heliocare.

Forum members (quite a few stars here) have been so gracious about sharing information. Thank you. I could not keep this one to myself.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I happened upon a substance sheerly by accident because it was the subject of a scientific study on anti-aging and UVA and UVB rays.

I purchased it to get extra protection from the harmful UV rays and as an adjunct to my sunblock, which is Athelios. I like the idea of having the extra protection from the inside out. In fact, such is generally my strategy as I also fast and flush and get excellent results in terms of "preparing the skin canvas" for a new regimen.

It contains a large dose of Vitamin A and some fern plant...I do not recall the scientific name of the fern.

I got results I never intended to see, such as the lightening of old scars, smoother skin and the increased efficacy of my topicals.

I do not remember where i bought it online...i think the company has a website. The product is called Heliocare.

Forum members (quite a few stars here) have been so gracious about sharing information. Thank you. I could not keep this one to myself.
http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...hotoaging.html

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...-capsules.html

·
Registered
208 Posts
PW

Thanks for the links and information. I do not follow anti-aging.... YET!

I just reviewed the anti-aging threads and it did not appear that anyone had actually tried the product.

I have used the product since late 2007. My testimonial is for the benefit of the Skin Lightening thread due to unexpected results of the reduction in the appearance of old scars and blemishes.

I would not have noticed nor would I be able to report any measurable "anti-aging" results. For those outcomes I look to the scientific data.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts