Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by edensong

I wish I could help. Perhaps others in Europe will add to the list.

Another one which is pretty cheap for UK

www.naturallythinking.com

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Administrator
33,639 Posts
Hello, have anyone ever bought ingredients from ebay? It just seams so convenient to buy things from one place and it is easy to compere prices? Would it be safe(quality wise) to buy an oils from ebay?
Thanks.
I think it would be ok. Just make sure and check out the seller. If it's a "top rated seller" you have a pretty good chance of it being legit.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Where to buy your ingredients from...

Hello

I've gathered as many sources as I could to help those looking for skin care ingredients, bottles, general equipments, essential oils, carrier oils and so on, either for making creams/lotions/serums or even soaps/shampoos, etc!

Its obviously not complete, so help yourself and contribute to enrich the list

I tried to sort them based on location, but most often, Europeans can order from US for cheaper price than European based websites!

US
Garden Of Wisdom www.gardenofwisdom.com/
Lotioncrafters Premium ingredients at less than premium prices... Lotioncrafter
Bulkactives BulkActives: skin actives and ingredients for DIY skin care
Skin Actives SkinActives.com
Makingcosmetics Cosmetic Ingredients Supply - MakingCosmetics.com Inc.
Mountain Rose Herb Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs
From Nature with Love Soap making, spa, skin care, aromatherapy and cosmeceuticale
NCN Skin Care Skin Care, Anti-Aging, NCN Professional Skin Care
Ingredients To Die For Ingredients To Die For
The Herbarie The Herbarie Formulary-Blending Nature and Science - Innovative Natural Products for Cosmetics and Toiletries
Nature's Gift Aromatherapy - healing with pure essential oils.
Texas Natural Supply Soap Making Materials : Soapmaking Supplies : Natural Beauty Products : Lye : Soap Supplies : Texas Natural Supply
Bramble BerryÂae, Inc Bramble BerryÂae, Inc | Soap Making Supplies
The Personal Formulator Home Page The Personal Formulator Home Page
Whole Sale Supplies Plus Wholesale Soap Making Supplies and Candle Making Supplies - WholesaleSuppliesPlus

Europe

- UK
Aromantic Ltd Make natural skin care and cosmetic products with Aromantic Ltd
Essential Oils Online Essential Oils Online - Raw Materials and Organic Ingredients
Active Formulas http://www.activeformulas.com
Active Extracts Active Extracts
Bristol botanicals Bristol Botanicals - Home
Mystic Moments http://mystic-moments.hostedbyamazon.co.uk
Chemicals http://mistralni.co.uk

- [not sure] (Thanks to our member mantonis)
behawe behawe - Naturprodukte. Einfach online natürliche Kosmetik und Zutaten bestellen.
Helena Cosmetica Alles over het zelf maken van natuurlijke cosmetica.

Batch Calculator Batch Size Calculator - Wholesale Supplies Plus

Note: Not all websites have been tried (though most of them have been). So do your homework and search for reported experiences in the forum, or in other websites.

Help yourself and add more (and correct me if the location is wrong please)

soNat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Edensong, that's an impressive list. Already bookmarked, thanks!
Have you yet found a place that sells unrefined organic mango butter? I usually buy my oils, butters and clays at Mountain Rose Herbs, but their mango butter is refined. I have to admit that I haven't checked all the links in the list because is way too long so I'll see later. As for myself, I've found one place that sells unrefined organic mango butter and some others like cupuacu butter, and as you seem to know quite a lot about this, I'll like to know what you think. I think I cannot put links yet, but the name of the store is My Natural Bliss. Are there other better stores? What do you think about it?
I have another question, have any of you tried to make tinted lip balms using powdered fruit and herbs instead of micas and iron oxides? I know there are a couple of brands that tint their lip balms with alkanet root and beet root. I buy coconut oil and some other stuff from Live Superfoods (another store to add to the list) and they sell powdered fruits that I been thinking to use for my lip balms along with alkanet root and and other better colored powders from Nuts Online. They also sell green papaya powder and I think would be great for masks, would that work?
Oh, by the way, Ananda Apothecary is also missing. And one cool place with a big and very interesting variety of essential oils, absolutes and CO2, including white rose, teas, coffee and cocoa CO2, tea rose essential oil and perfumes recipes too, White Lotus Aromatics.
Hope some help and hope my addition is helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, I forgot, what do you think about Miron Violet Glass bottles. They seem fantastic and quite better than other regular packaging.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Here is the link to the butters page. Check out the whipped shea. YUMMY! I am going to order the argan butter. I'm all into argan oil these days!

http://www.texasnaturalsupply.com/category.aspx?categoryID=16

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am not sure, if this has already been discussed, but Lotioncrafter makes a kit to duplicate Skinceutical's Vit C serum. So you can get everything to make the serum in one package, without thinking where to get particular ingredients. That's pretty cool. I wish a company in Europe would do the same.
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/c-e-with-ferulic-acid-kit.html

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I am not sure, if this has already been discussed, but Lotioncrafter makes a kit to duplicate Skinceutical's Vit C serum. So you can get everything to make the serum in one package, without thinking where to get particular ingredients. That's pretty cool. I wish a company in Europe would do the same.
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/c-e-with-ferulic-acid-kit.html
I love them. I've always gotten great customer service from them. And their ultra fine L-AA is so easy to work with.

Am I reading these right - SEA kit is 29.55 for 30 ml, or basically an ounce and Lotioncrafter is $59 for almost 7 ounces? I think I must be doing the math wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didnt see soapers choice on the list, and that is my go to place for bulk oils and butters. www.soaperschoice.com

This is a great thread, if you cant find it after reading thru all the vendors listed, it probably doesnt exist.
Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts