Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
For what....as in purgative? or for pain? or for hemmies? or for fissures or inflammation??

To use one, you insert it into the anus....wetting it with warm water will help lubricate it during insertion.

h

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Detoxing, interested in if anyone has used this method for detoxing.

Also, was that weird inserting the suppository there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have bowel disease......part of the territory for me in the form of rectal meds, but weird or uncomfortable...well, it's something I'd rather not have to do.

Detoxing....suppositories to cause you to have bms...it's just that, causing you to have bms of stool that's already in the lower colon....you'd best change your diet for a more complete digestive process in the long-run that involves the whole digestive tract from mouth to colon.....

You can start using fibre supplements, probiotics, eat a well-balanced diet, exercise..etc. That's the detoxing basically.

If you're not willing to do that, there are detoxing diets/products on the market available, but I'm not one who uses them.

Do the research, suppositories aren't the way to go.

h2u

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You can start using fibre supplements, probiotics, eat a well-balanced diet, exercise..etc. That's the detoxing basically.

If you're not willing to do that, there are detoxing diets/products on the market available, but I'm not one who uses them.

Do the research, suppositories aren't the way to go.
I agree - suppositories is the last thing that you should be thinking about doing. Why would you ever want to start with it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just wanted to get first hand opinions from individuals using this method. As far as discomfort, neg/pos benefits, etc.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I also agree probiotics fibre supplements well balanced diet , more greens and brightly colored veg. Thats detoxing.
Suppositories, only for medical issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Your body can become dependant on them for BMs if you overuse/abuse them.
I have a friend with an eating disorder who started using laxatives and suppositories to eliminate faster ... it really messed her up internally.

Google "colonic irrigation" if you are eager to get things moving & thoroughly flush the pipes

·
Registered
515 Posts
QUOTE=Stiletto con Carne;36551]Your body can become dependant on them for BMs if you overuse/abuse them.
I have a friend with an eating disorder who started using laxatives and suppositories to eliminate faster ... it really messed her up internally.

Google "colonic irrigation" if you are eager to get things moving & thoroughly flush the pipes
[/QUOTE] If you want to flush the pipes here is a juice from a naturepath to cleanse your system, and will give you lots of energy. Juice fresh vegetables in morning, this will flush your whole system. You will move,

Celery, silverbeat, parsley, tomato and one carrot tall glass.

You can also add a bit of fresh beetroot, not too much does not taste the best.

Close your eyes and drink first thing.Morn.

·
Registered
515 Posts
QUOTE=Stiletto con Carne;36551]Your body can become dependant on them for BMs if you overuse/abuse them.

If you want to flush the pipes here is a juice from a naturepath to cleanse your system, and will give you lots of energy. Juice fresh vegetables in morning, this will flush your whole system. You will move,

Celery, silverbeat, parsley, tomato and one carrot tall glass.

You can also add a bit of fresh beetroot, not too much does not taste the best.

Close your eyes and drink first thing.Morn.
[/QUOTE] Feel free to add an apple to sweeten it up

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just take a couple tablespoons of wheat bran everyday and things will keep moving fine! Take it from me - it is cheap and effective. The coarser the better - a friend of mine has horses and uses the horse version of this bran. Nothing inside her stays around very long.

The problem with alot of these laxatives, including the suppositories, is that they contain chemicals. Not a good thing to become dependent on.

The recipes that some folks mentioned above are effective too, I am sure, but the bran solution is simpler. I just keep a jar of it on my counter, take a few spoonfuls either straight or added to cereal or yogurt, and I'm good to go, literally -

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
mireckca, what about those chia seeds?
That's kids stuff! No, actually, I am sure that they also help move things along, too. And, of course, I eat Panda licorice that also does its thing. I live in a place where one does not want to spend much time in a shared washroom, so I know all the tricks to a happy and active GI tract.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
That's kids stuff! No, actually, I am sure that they also help move things along, too. And, of course, I eat Panda licorice that also does its thing. I live in a place where one does not want to spend much time in a shared washroom, so I know all the tricks to a happy and active GI tract.
Boy I got on just in time- share your tricks mireckca-I am in need of a few GI tricks at the moment!!

Panda licorice really?

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hi Gymrat.......hope all went well Friday.
Yes- all went well! I'm alive thats all that I was worried about-

I just got home today and CANT wait to sleep in MY own bed and NOT be interrupted to the sound and feel of my damn blood pressure being taken!!

Thanks peri for asking-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hey Rat! Good to hear you are back!

Are those pain pills making you a little "irregular"?? Mama Mireckca has all the answers for us here to keep us moving along smoothly!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hey Rat! Good to hear you are back!

Are those pain pills making you a little "irregular"?? Mama Mireckca has all the answers for us here to keep us moving along smoothly!
Lol- yes Im alive-

And yes I do need some help in the GI dept. I just got home today-they wouldn't let me leave the hospital till I went on my own-so I lied to get the HELL out of there. I really need my own bed!

I don't do well with pain meds at all. I got really sick the first night so they switched meds on me. I am now just doing 800 mg of IB profen. But I do need some of Mother Mireckca's tricks. I saw where she said bran-two teaspoons, but what kind of bran, and where can I get that at? do you know fawnie?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hey rat!

Just the kind you get at the Health Food Store, or any grocery. You HAVE to drink a LOT of water with it, though or it will plug you up big time!

Some of Mama Fawnie's tricks til Mireckca gets here:

1) warm prune juice (warm it in the microwave)

2) massage your tummy in a clockwise direction (like if you are the clock and your head is 12 noon). Make a big circle and gradually smaller and smaller circles until you get to your belly button. Then start again with the big circles. Etc. This works every time for me and feels good too! This stimulates the colon to release. You are sweeping the area from the left side of your body downward toward the rectum. Does that make sense? I can't find a vid for it. You massage all the way from your ribcage to your hip bones to your pubic bone and all the way around....BIG circles and massage as firmly as you can tolerate.

3) Drink Lots Of Fluids!

4) Glycerin suppository if all else fails. Those narcotics and anesthetics are very constipating.

Hope this helps you out (yukyuk...get it?!!)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Lol- yes Im alive-
Gymrat - what a relief to "see" you back. And thank God for your positive outcome. (we ask for help, so it's important to say thank you). Anyway, reread my post - two TABLESPOONS or so of wheat bran has kept me in good standing in terms of motility. I just take it straight (dry) and rinse it down with water. Whimps, I mean friends of mine, mix it with their morning cereal, in yogurt, whatever. Anything to get it down.

It does two things - it creates a feeling of fullness - which is how bulk laxatives work; and it is rough so it "encourages" the walls of your intestinal track to keep moving to get rid of it.

Chemical laxatives work by irritating the lining of the intestinal track as well, but who wants to use them long term? Not a good thing to do.

Anyway, I buy it in bulk at the bulk store, and proudly keep it right on my countertop so I see it first thing every morning. You can also get it in bulk at whole foods, or any health food store should have it. It is just simply called "wheat bran." Not a cereal, just the raw flakes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts