Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on day 4 using the Aldi Syn Ake cream. Really impressed so far with what seems to be some tightening in my problem crows feet and forehead areas. I am shocked that it seems to be effective so early. I have read a bit of info on it (before buying) but can anyone give me some more info on its properties. Seems too good to be true.
Thanks
Minnemel

·
Registered
330 Posts
HI minnemel, keep us posted!
If it isn't too good to be true you can bet your bottom dollar we want to know all about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Just a quick update on the Aldi Syn-Ake cream. Its Fab and the results are appearing quicker than expected. Definite tightening of skin on the forehead and eyes. I suffer from hayfever and the constant rubbing of my eyes seems to thin my skin at the outside corners (crows feet) which have seemed to be a particular problem of mine as a result. The Lacura cream is a winner and a fraction of what I have previously paid for alternatives in the past. My Aldi has sold out but ordered more on Ebay.
Got my friend to get some too and she is also over the moon with the early signs.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Thanks Gymrat! I am a bit skeptical of it. It does not seem to be a "broad-spectrum" anti-aging cream rather it seems to use snake venom compound to paralyse the muscles like botox. I would presume you need ongoing treatment and repeated applications during a day for maximum benefit. I thought it was SIN AhhKay--but after reading I realise it is pronounced like SNAKE as it is snake venom!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Thanks Gymrat! I am a bit skeptical of it. It does not seem to be a "broad-spectrum" anti-aging cream rather it seems to use snake venom compound to paralyse the muscles like botox. I would presume you need ongoing treatment and repeated applications during a day for maximum benefit. I thought it was SIN AhhKay--but after reading I realise it is pronounced like SNAKE as it is snake venom!
Lol, yes. I have never used it, but I know fawnie uses something similar from GOW and loves it. I might give it a try. I do botox and love the results. So if this works like that, it is a heck of a lot cheaper way to go!!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
How much do you pay for botox? I do not need it but someone told me I should start BEFORE I need it to prevent lines.
Oh gosh, I have paid anywhere from $12 a unit to $15 a unit. It depends on if you can get it on a special. I love it, to be honest. My Dr. does a fantastic job. I do right between my eyes, and he does a little above my brows. For a little lift.
The first time I did it, I did get a slight headache, but that is it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OMG! Isn't that very cheap? I have a friend who gets a shot next to each eye, one on the forehead and one between the eyebrows and she pays 600 dollars a visit and said she gets a discount!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sure that's a good price, but you can get this for $1.49USD/unit if you go here:

Freeze 100 Units

Is that CRAZY or what???? Plus they do not come right out and call it Botox, but Wrinkle Freeze. Who knows what it is? And what harm could be done in the hands of amateurs..this is really irresponsible advertising, IMO.

Next: Discount Neurosurgery!!! Do your own craniotomy and save hundreds!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
RE: Syn-ake. I think it's just the tripeptide that is the active, not the cream it is put into and sold for such a price. The actual tripeptide itself is available at gardenofwisdom.com and you can add it to any cream you have on hand.

This is the blurb from the Syn-ake website:

"Synake is a new anti-wrinkle active compound based on a synthetic tripeptide that mimics the effect of waglerin 1, a peptide that is found in the venom of the Temple Viper, Tropidolaemus wagleri.

The Real "Age-Killing-Effect"

Synake: synthetic substance mimics snake venom activity

Snake venom can be deadly - but similar substances can also heal!! The form. Of a "wrinkle-killer" it is being used to help boost the self-confidence of both men and women. Synake is a synthetic substance, which mimics part of a polypeptide found in the venom of the Temple Viper. It has beneficial effects for the skin - perhaps "Love at first biteâ€.

Lines caused by facial expressions are always visible. We use about 60 facial muscles whilst communicating both through speech and with facial expressions, frowning, the lifting of eyebrows laughing and pulling a face are some typical facial expressions that we use to communicate. As time passes and with frequent use of these facial movements, these wrinkles persist and become permanent deep wrinkles on the forehead, laughter lines and crow's feet. Those who no longer want to live with these can now spare themselves the danger and discomfort of cosmetic surgery or the use of expensive injections.

Synake solves this problem on a strictly cosmetic basis. The new synthetic Tripeptide mimics the effect of Waglerin-1. Which is a protein found in the venom of the Temple Viper (Tropidolaemus wagleri).

The viper owes its name to the German herpe- tologist Johann Georg Wagler. At the beginning of the 19th century, he analysed and described it. The Temple~ Viper is found in great numbers in the Snake Temple of the island Penang, Malaysia. It has enjoyed cult status there for the last 150 years.

Waglerin-1 Inhibits neuromuscular communication. Once the snake has bitten its prey the venom blocks the nerve impulses to the muscles, thereby paralysing its victim. Whereas this causes death, the synthetic imitation of parts of the venom only causes relaxation of facial muscle contractions, resulting in a smooth skin and a renewed enjoyment of life.

The effectiveness of this substance is astounding: it has excellent skin- smoothing properties and reduces the depth of facial wrinkles in just a few days. A study involving 45 volunteers confirmed these results. During this test, the use of Synake twice daily-reduced forehead wrinkles, by up to 52% in just 28 days.

The in vivo studies dealing with crow's feet confirmed the efficiency of the product. In vitro studies show that Synake, in a concentration of 0.5 mm, reduces the frequency of muscle contractions in innervated muscle cells by 82% (p<O.05) within only 2 hours.

The active compound Synake is the result of Peptides synthesis and expertise in snake venom research. The researchers at Pentapharm have managed to make a remarkable transference from the effects of snake venom peptides, which consist of 22 amino acids to a peptide-like com- pound containing only 3 amino acids.

This kind of research has long been a tradition at Pentapharm. For 30 years, snake venom has been used for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes. One example is the utilization of the anti-coagulant properties of parts of the South American Lance Adder venom. To this purpose, Pentapharm in Brazil maintains a snake farm, housing and breeding about 10,000 snakes.

The venom is milked locally in Brazil. Then transported to Switzerland for purification and further processing.

The synthetic peptide Synake thus enables Pentapharm to dispense with the use of the snake farm. Synake is safe. Indisputably, ecology-friendly and totally without risk, during production (in line with our "Responsible Care Program"). It contains no preservative and is considered absolutely safe for use in cosmetic products."
I mix my ViperVenom (GardenofWisdom's brand name of the tripeptide) with Sesaflash (a skin tightener) and an eye cream and use that once a day. It does show promise after a week's use!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
RE: Syn-ake. I mix my ViperVenom (GardenofWisdom's brand name of the tripeptide) with Sesaflash (a skin tightener) and an eye cream and use that once a day. It does show promise after a week's use!
This is one product that gives me the creeps.
I get chills just thinking about it.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
OMG! Isn't that very cheap? I have a friend who gets a shot next to each eye, one on the forehead and one between the eyebrows and she pays 600 dollars a visit and said she gets a discount!
I said $12-$15 a unit.......that isn't your final price!!!!! Lol, it depends on how many units it takes for you, each person is different. I think just for my 11 between my eyes was 22 units. So depending on the price x's 22 that is the price you pay. I have no clue how many units I do above my brows. But yes it can be expensive. I only do this every 6 months along with filler's.

The stuff Fawnie uses, I am going to try. It's a great price plus if it works, I don't really care what I have to put on my face!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
fawnie do you mix the viterol with the sesaflash and viper venom? Or do you use just a basic eye cream? And a little water?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Little dist water + sesaflash, then vipervenom, then Awake (something) cream. Mix it well and apply wherever Botox would go in the am. Then oil or sunscreen.

The Viterol-A I've been using at nite after the RA or taz. How do you use it?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Little dist water + sesaflash, then vipervenom, then Awake (something) cream. Mix it well and apply wherever Botox would go in the am. Then oil or sunscreen.

The Viterol-A I've been using at nite after the RA or taz. How do you use it?
I use the Viterol at night over my RA.

Have you tried the sesaflash in your laugh lines? And does all of this look ok after you apply your foundation? Not that it matters, I sweat my makeup off by the time the day is over with the heat we are having at the moment. Just taking the dog out makes me a sweaty mess!!

I am excited to get it. I love new gadgets-
I just wish I had girls around here who I could pass my rejects too. It would clear a lot of shelf space.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts