Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I used Tan Towel twice, a new towel each time. However, I see close to no results, is this normal? It almost didn't give me any color at all.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Yesterday I used Tan Towel twice, a new towel each time. However, I see close to no results, is this normal? It almost didn't give me any color at all.
Which tan towel's do you have? You should of gotten some color. Especially with two applications.

Did you exfoliate before you used the tan towel?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what I'm doing:

1. Using the microfiber cloth with warm water.
2. Applying a light moisturizer like Vaseline Aloe Fresh Hydrating
3. Applying the Tan Towel
4. Using a heavy moisturizer.

Btw, should I use one Tan Towel each time or can I use it multiple times?

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Here's what I'm doing:

1. Using the microfiber cloth with warm water.
2. Applying a light moisturizer like Vaseline Aloe Fresh Hydrating
3. Applying the Tan Towel
4. Using a heavy moisturizer.

Btw, should I use one Tan Towel each time or can I use it multiple times?
Why are you moisturizing before applying the tan towel? Try doing it after. Not right after, but like an hour or two after. This might be why you aren't noticing any change.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why are you moisturizing before applying the tan towel? Try doing it after. Not right after, but like an hour or two after. This might be why you aren't noticing any change.
I have been using these for a few years never had a porblem. Thats the regular tt
I would suggest no moisturising before, just exfoliate. I apply the tan towel, then shove it back into its foil so as not to dry out and reaply when I have time. This builds the color slowly, don't shower after,
shower before application.
It takes me 2 tt's to get the correct color (very fair skin).
Then usualy I reaply with a fresh one in the morning when I notice it fading.
Tan Towel PLUS- I prefer you get a deeper tan, faster, with one application.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I have been using these for a few years never had a porblem. Thats the regular tt
I would suggest no moisturising before, just exfoliate. I apply the tan towel, then shove it back into its foil so as not to dry out and reaply when I have time. This builds the color slowly, don't shower after,
shower before application.
It takes me 2 tt's to get the correct color (very fair skin).
Then usualy I reaply with a fresh one in the morning when I notice it fading.
Tan Towel PLUS- I prefer you get a deeper tan, faster, with one application.
Yes I have been using these awhile myself. I always shower and exfoliate before. I don't moisturize before, just after. I only have the Tan Towel Plus. I quite getting the regular when they came out with the new ones. I don't use them all the time, just when I need extra help-

I think this is just a new thing for KrazyLoveAffair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i guess maybe try the way the others say and don't moisterize first. they seem to have good results with the tt by doing it that way.

i am thinking that the link you posted may be for someone using a liquid or lotion type tanning product.

i have some old tt i am going to pull out and use. see how that goes...lol i find self tanning time consuming and i usually get bored with it pretty fast and just go around blinding people with my legs. break out the shades~

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried not to moistruize first now, but it didn't help much. How many times are you guys using the towel or the face?

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I tried not to moistruize first now, but it didn't help much. How many times are you guys using the towel or the face?
I generally don't use any self tanning products on my face. You could definately use it 2-3 times on your face if you wanted too.

Are you having better results with it? I normally shower and exfoliate and that is it. I have always had great success with their products.

I would recommend not moisturizing before and see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts