Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the tanda skin care (antiaging)device (red light not blue) - I've had it for a week and haven't noticed much other than the emergence of some pimples?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a friend who uses the blue light for acne and then the red to speed healing and reduce inflammation. She seems to be happy and I do notice a difference. LED light shouldnt be causing pimples. It could be just a coincidence. Also, I know that LED light works by stimulating a response from the body so for a red light (associated with stimulating collagen) you would need to be patient as it will take some time to see a result.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Actually since I posted my question I've noticed a difference in my skin and you are correct in saying that it does take time - so I'll perservere. As for my pimples, I suspect that for me it's hormonal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some facts of Skin Aging

Aging of the skin occurs when collagen becomes hard and gets meshed with neighboring collagen fibers. This prevents the collagen from holding water and plumping up. Instead, it collapses on itself, binds with other collagen fibers, and forms a kind of fishnet below the surface of the skin, which is manifested as wrinkles.

Oxidation or free radical formation plays a pivotal role in the cross-linking of collagen. This is what happens:

1. The atoms of human tissue begin to decay, or lose electrons. This results in a deficiency of electron.

2. The atom attempts to regain its electrical balance by stealing one or more electrons from neighboring atoms.

3. This, in turn, creates another atom that has a deficiency of electron. The atom tries to steal electron from another atom.

4. The result is a chain reaction in which atoms are changing their structures and forming bonds that would not otherwise occur.

5. The net effect is a chaos of cross-linking collagen fibers, revealed on the skin's surface as wrinkles.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Some facts of Skin Aging
Oxidation or free radical formation plays a pivotal role in the cross-linking of collagen. This is what happens .....
1. The atoms of human tissue begin to decay, or lose electrons. This results in a deficiency of electron ......
CMS - very nice summary. Thanks!

I'll just add one thing to complete the story, if I may -

Since the loss of an electron begins this deterioration of collagen, the reason that "anti-oxidants" are so important is that they provide or donate an electron to stabilize the atom that lost it. By protecting the integrity of the cell, they thereby slow down this aging process, as well as boost immune function, reduce inflammation, fight allergies, and so on.

So - eat foods and drink drinks high in anti-oxidants, or take supplements.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Has anyone tried the tanda skin care (antiaging)device (red light not blue) - I've had it for a week and haven't noticed much other than the emergence of some pimples?
Is this tanda device like a baby quasar? I have never heard of this skincare line before. Where did you buy this from and do you know if it is available in the UK?
Don't forget to keep us posted on your progress!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mirecka what do you drink that are hight in antioxidents apart from green tea cant think of any! Also if you puter ioniser in mu water this become alkaline and this can dissolve the bodys build up of acid wastes like ammonia cholesterol and fatty acids!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this tanda device like a baby quasar? I have never heard of this skincare line before. Where did you buy this from and do you know if it is available in the UK?
Don't forget to keep us posted on your progress!
Hi, sorry I've taken so long to respond. What is a baby quasar? The Tanda is actually a hand held device which emits a red light meant to stimulate collagen or production thereof. It's very expensive and really (after three months use) I don't think it's worth the money $495.00 Australian dollars - so I wouldn't worry about this product (I bought the product from TVSN Cable TV).

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Mirecka what do you drink that are hight in antioxidents apart from green tea cant think of any! Also if you puter ioniser in mu water this become alkaline and this can dissolve the bodys build up of acid wastes like ammonia cholesterol and fatty acids!

NY - see the link below for a list of foods that are high in antioxidants. I take green tea, blueberry, and Vitamin E capsules everyday as supplements because my diet is pretty limited right now. Sniff, sniff, sniff.

Antioxidants 101 - What and Where?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, $495 Au is really expensive! My friend bought hers online for $295.00 canadian from a skin clinic called glowrescue in Victoria Canada. Might be worth checking out.
Also, the baby quasar seems to be a good item from the ratings I have seen, it's just that its more expensive and not as versatile, I think. Here is a link I found......

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi, sorry I've taken so long to respond. What is a baby quasar? The Tanda is actually a hand held device which emits a red light meant to stimulate collagen or production thereof. It's very expensive and really (after three months use) I don't think it's worth the money $495.00 Australian dollars - so I wouldn't worry about this product (I bought the product from TVSN Cable TV).
That's alrite. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Before all you guys bought this i hate to say but this device never got very good reviews or opinions on the net and through other consumer opnions! So far most people tend to say that it is expensive and having to change the pads so often works out expensive! Hope it works for you though

·
Registered
14 Posts
$275 at Sephora gets you the smaller base unit. $295 at glowrescue.ca gets you a professional unit with one blue and one red ( large size ) treatment head. Better device.

As far as "replaceable pads"(?) I think you must have a different device in mind, as the Tanda doesn't have consumables or parts that need replacing after each treatment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm ironic, an anti-aging product that is named Tanda, which means OLD in Philippine language. My friend is from this country and he started laughing upon seeing this, lol!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi- new here
wondering if any positive feed back on Tanda both anti aging and acne- need fast solution to use in other country where the ever quest for better skin with matter personally professionally- AND cost so much mire than almost anywhere - not great for trials with new products- and eclectic not compatible-
really need to decide fast- ALSO- any OTHER SIMILAR WELL RECEIVED SIMILAR S IN STATES W/ OUT ELEC ISSUES-
thanks so much for any help found and offered- really

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi So Cal,

Please let me know how it works out. QVC has it for 195, but it is just the blue light and some lotion. Does Sephora give you the red light too?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This one is supposed to be the strongest of the LED devices for anti-ageing concerns:

LightStim - Anti-Aging Light - helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles

Much stronger that Tanda and somewhat stronger that BabyQ.

You have to realize though that it isn't a Magic Wand, LOL. You still have to practice good skin care and wear sunscreen! It won't undo a lifetime of bad habits overnite on its own.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts