Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Has anyone tried jeanne piaubert tanning activator patches , do they really work ?
thanks.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi evieliz and welcome to the site. I personally have never heard of such a thing before. But I don't think a patch can lighten or darken your skin. But maybe I'm wrong in this day and age who really knows? Have you tried looking for ratings or reviews about this product. Maybe that would be a good idea before you decide to try the patch.Good luck, maybe someone can help you with this one....I'm stumped

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am not sure what they are but potentially they contain tyrosine and other known tanning boosters. I doubt they would contain the hormone that stimulates melanin as I am aware only melanomate and ********* are researching to launch such a product and as of now only injections are available. I find it really annoying that the powers that be are so adamantly opposed to research and promotion of a product that could satisfy so many people's cosmetic desire for a tan and alleviate all the damage that goes along with it. I find it illogical.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, that would be cool if it worked, but a little scarey sounding, what with it messing with body chemistry like that...I just googled it and found this:

Tyrosine, also called L Tyrosine, is not an essential amino acid since tyrosine can be made from the amino acid phenylalanine. Tyrosine is converted into dopamine and norepinephrine. Supplementation with both tyrosine and phenylalanine leads to alertness and mental arousal. Mind Power Rx with tyrosine works in a smooth, effective way, to increase alertness and focus, along with mood.
Phenylalanine and tyrosine are sometimes prescribed as antidepressants, usually in combination with other nutrients and herbs that have mood elevating properties. Some doctors also recommend these amino acids for appetite control.

Doesn't sound like it has much to do with tanning but what do i know...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts