Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Yikes, i don't know for weekly use. TCA isn't intended for weekly use. You could use a glycolic for weekly use. My thought is when I do a TCA I do it for the results. And to get this I use a high %. For maintenance, I use a BHA/AHA weekly.

You do not want to over use what the purpose of a TCA peel is for.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason I was asking is that the information below was posted on Makeup Artist's Choice site and I wanted to double check with real people who use TCA peels.

Thanks

Our 8% beginner's peel can be used as often as once-a-week for skin freshening for most clients.

Most clients using the 12.5% TCA will need to do a series of 2-3 peels, about 2-3 weeks apart to realize optimal results. Subsequently, use the peel every 60-90 days. Light Peeling for most.

Clients using the 15%, 18% and 21% strengths will realize more pronounced results and may need to do only 1 treatment. Subsequently, use the peel every 60-90 days.

A TCA peel at 8% is considered a "lunch time peel"
12.5% is a light peel
15% is a medium-strong peel
18% is a strong peel
21% is a *very* strong peel and should be used ONLY by clients who have tolerated the 18% with no problems.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
The only reason I was asking is that the information below was posted on Makeup Artist's Choice site and I wanted to double check with real people who use TCA peels.

Thanks

Our 8% beginner's peel can be used as often as once-a-week for skin freshening for most clients.

Most clients using the 12.5% TCA will need to do a series of 2-3 peels, about 2-3 weeks apart to realize optimal results. Subsequently, use the peel every 60-90 days. Light Peeling for most.

Clients using the 15%, 18% and 21% strengths will realize more pronounced results and may need to do only 1 treatment. Subsequently, use the peel every 60-90 days.

A TCA peel at 8% is considered a "lunch time peel"
12.5% is a light peel
15% is a medium-strong peel
18% is a strong peel
21% is a *very* strong peel and should be used ONLY by clients who have tolerated the 18% with no problems.
I would still go for AHA/BHA for maintenance myself. I would save the TCA for a higher % and get better results with one every other month, if need be.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would agree with Gymrat, Chunch. I haven't used the 8% myself, just the 12.5%, and then I have only spot treated. I have just started to use 30% glycolic on a weekly basis and it seems to be doing the job. I left it on too long the first time - 6 minutes, which really burned, but last week I left it on for 4 minutes, and I will work my way up slowly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi.

I'm in the process of peeling from my first 8% treatment right now.

I wanted to start at the weakest level to see how I tolerated. Its my fifth day and I am peeling in small white flakes. I know I won't be having a major brown peel that I've seen others go through using higher tca percentages and so won't get the same results, but I can already tell I'm having a good result on the larger pores on my nose.

I can't imagine even the 8% being a weekly solution, my sking has looked pretty bad as its gone through the process as well as being tight and uncomfortable.

Instead I would recommend glycolic as a weekly maintenance solution but even with that I take breaks.

Best faces to you.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I certainly wouldnt use tca 8% weekly. Go with glycolic lactic or pumpkin peel.

·
Registered
881 Posts
if ur looking for optimal results from a peel u cud use weekly, go with fruit acids!! all ya gotta do is take the juices from fruit(like pineapple,blueberry,strawberry,papaya), and glide the juices on ur face, leave for 4-8 mins and rinse off with water!

pineapple and papaya area bit strong
blueberry and strawberry are more suitable for sensitive skin.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yikes, i don't know for weekly use. TCA isn't intended for weekly use. You could use a glycolic for weekly use. My thought is when I do a TCA I do it for the results. And to get this I use a high %. For maintenance, I use a BHA/AHA weekly.

You do not want to over use what the purpose of a TCA peel is for.
I want to do a glyco peel! Is there any one in particular you would recommend?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I want to do a glyco peel! Is there any one in particular you would recommend?
Court have you ever used NCN Pumpkin peel? It is 30% Glycolic but also has Lactic, Salicylic and Fruit Acids. It is a great peel to keep around, I use it often. The only other glycolic I would recommend is from MUAC. For me personally I think for the quality of the peel you get from MUAC it can't be beat. But again, that is just my opinion.
I used to use a AHA/BHA from Skinactives but they have changed it to a towelette. I used to use the liquid form and liked it very much too.

Just remember with the Glycolic peel you are not going to peel like you would with the TCA. Glycolic is more sloughing/exfoliating of the skin. It will definitely leave your skin smooth and fresh looking.

Pro Pumpkin Peel 1 oz. | NCN Pro Skincare
30% Glycolic Acid At Home Chemical Facial Skin Peel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts