Skin Care Talk banner

TCA for lip lines

31K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  Tankeryanker 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Well Lexi I just did 18% on my top lip and several areas of my face with 18% 2 layers and only 2 min each, it was PAINFUL. ( I may have managed 3 min with the first layer ) More like OMG SO if you do your face just prepare yourself be sure to get the Neosporian ointment with pain relief because that really puts the fire out. I mean it BURNS girl. I do NOT know how Sandia does the 25%.

#16 ·
Honestly as short a period as it has to stay on for the blanching the 25% isn't bad at all. I was WAY more uncomfortable layering the 12.5%. I was thinking it would burn way worse and it does burn, but it acts FAST, so that sorta negates it for me!

#4 ·
Goatlady I have to say I was thinking about using some tca at some point for as you said a few minuites on my face mainly to give a nice peel but may be I need to think again about this!

Lexi a company here in the UK charges £400 for tca peels, crazy really!

#5 ·
I guess it is some security to know you aren't going to burn your face off the first time to have it done professionally.

Goatlady, I need your expert advice: I am not getting anything from the 12.5% two layer peel I did on my upper lip 4 days ago (on the 22nd)! Would I be better waiting a couple weeks and doing it again with 12.5% or upping the % to 18%??? Hell, I'd like to bite the bullet and go for 25% and just "get 'er done"!! One of my favorite sayings is "Vanity is the best anesthetic." I could probably take out my own appendix if I knew where it was......to save money.

#6 ·
ROFLMAO@the appendix!! Eek!!!

I totally concur. This stuff is addicting as all get-out! It's the new crack!

#7 ·
Fancy Pants - how are your legs doing? Anything?'
Srsly don't you think we are brave doing this ourselves!!!...or just foolish?

Another saying I have is, "Frugality is a good anesthetic." The better to save for the new boots - something I cannot possibly make for myself and I refuse to wear second-hand shoes!

#12 ·
My legs are still peeling like crazy! But I'm trying like heck not to put anything on them and let them peel, but man does it itch!!! I keep putting the hydrocortisone cream on the peeling areas and I'm dabbing the emu oil on the places where it's peeled to start taking care of the new skin.

#8 ·
Fawnie--I am with you! I just did the 12.5% and 21% patch tests and did not even get frosting! AND I did two layers of 21%. I have 30% and will do that on my arms and hands after a patch test and will be doing at least an 18% on other areas. I was told by a dermatologist friend NOT to do more than 12.5% on neck/decolletage as risk of discolouration and scarring increases but I seem to have tough skin. I am not worried about the pain, vanity truly is a narcotic.

#11 ·
I was dancing around the room with the glycolic on my decollete and neck--they have to be the itchiest areas without a doubt.

BTW goatlady--resident TCA expert---is it normal to look "more wrinkley" where you do the patch tests as opposed to surrounding area? I have just shine and more crepe-like look there-this was the 21% two layered.

#10 ·
Well I am thinking if this 18% doesn't give me a good enough result it might be better to just do 25% and git R done Fawnie just like you said. But holy crap the 18% burned like HELL, but after a few min it is all over ya know but you have to get through those few minutes of pure hell. I did 12.5% on my neck and upper chest and the itching was damn near unbearable. So do NOT go any higher than that! Really I am wanting to believe the TAZ gel will take care of that area. I'd rather pay 30bux to do this than to over pay a derm a thousand times over to do it for me! Vain and thrifty makes me crazy?

#17 ·
I put 15% on my neck and it itched for 2 months, I think! I won't use TCA on my neck any time soon. I also got spots sorta like pimples, but they never got a head on them- sorta like a rash or contact dermatitis?? I don't know, but TCA ain't going on my neck or around my collar bones/chest again until I figure out what the problem was.

#13 ·
Yep it gets brown and crinkly/shiny where the TCA touches your skin. You should peel in 4-5 days from the first day you put it on. Right now I am just slightly pink but I frosted pretty good when I put the second layer on. This crazy nut job did my nose. I had freckles on my nose and hated them. I sure hope that got em if not.........here I go again

#14 ·
I tell you that Emu oil is the best for the peelies. I have several oils and that one is really thick and coats my skin and really sticks the best. I love it for the peels. Talk about soft skin, but coat your legs with it real good then take a shower and just let it stay on there and just wipe with your micro fiber cloth gently if you have one. NICE!

#15 ·
TCA is like Rhtec Portrait Plasma which was a promising weapon that was not well marketed. It basically used plasma to penetrate the lower layers of skin leaving the upper intact. It caused damage (controlled damage) at the dermal level probably a bit deeper than TCA but in a similar fashion. After a few days the outer layer, which acted like a protectant, appearead brown and tanned then would peel like a sunburn revealing new, younger, tighter, smoother skin. Shame they went out of business I would have loved to try that!

#19 ·
I have not tried the tca peel im just reading about what you guys are going through with the tca peel to see if il go ahead with it at some point or not!

However though cause I have some congestion on my upper lips I put some of the viterol a on my upper lip to help them peel quicker and get rid of my congestion, at the mo though I dont know if this is helping me at all but I do get peeling from this on my upper lip!

At the mo though my upper lips looks a bit like wrinkled up hope I have not made them worse, OH DEAR!

Also for anyone looking at doing at home peels in the uk I find this company really helpful Mediderma Medi-spa Professional Chemical Peels know I posted the link for them before dont know how they compare to makeup artists but thought id mention it again anyway!

#20 ·
Sandia I got those same red itchy bumps on my neck and upper chest/collar bone area just like you. It was so itchy it about drove me mad. I am not sure why I was such a weenie with the TCA yesterday. I am normally quite pain tolerate. It seems the older I get the less I can tolerate and I am not talking just about pain either
Today I don't even appear to have put the stuff on but then again that is normal tomorrow I should be shiny and crinkly

Janetisobel you can get TCA from makeup artist choice

#22 ·
Hmmmm. I swear, it took nearly 3 weeks for the redness, bumps and itchiness to go away on my neck and chest!! I did baths with a ton of baking soda in it and that seemed to help. OMG when I washed those areas and tried using some astringent, I thought I would scream. And the steroid cream burned like he!! Finally it's gone, so I'm leaving these areas as they are. I have a "TCA Latee" from a girl on ebay (not so strong as straight TCA of course) that I used for a couple of days and it is reacting fine. No itchies. I hope it flakes or something. Here is a link to this lady's stuff.

http:
//www.perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php

#23 ·
Fawnie I would go up to 15 or 18%. Get one of each in their sample size. Apply the 18% see what happens. If you can handle it, layer the 15% ontop of the 18%. Spot test it of course first.

I don't think you would need more than a sample size, to be honest. Sample sizes should give you 2-3 peels.

I say bit the bullet and get it done!! Just be careful-

#24 ·
i just bought 12.5 as i am a virgin (to this) haha any tips and what should i expect. Am i going to look terrible for a few days as i may have to plan some down time, like hiding in the house...I have been using glycolic 40% and did not peel or even feel irritated, so i read all your posts on the TCA and thought what the heck...any input would be great...should i put one or two layers?? Thak god for this site... you ppl are great and i am trusting you all the way!!!!!!!

#25 ·
janetisobel with the 12.5% I would do 2 layers. I just feel you will be disappointed if you don't. Do you intend to do your whole face or just spot peel? I am more of a spot peeler. I like getting at those areas that need the most work plus I like having comfort zones. I always do it at night slather on some ointment. The next day I look fine but the day after that is when you will see the brown crinkly skin.

#27 ·
well, today i did 12.5 no frosting, and very little tingling....i left it on for about 10 min, washed my face and it feels a little tight but i have a feeling not much is going to happen. Anyone else experience this? I should have gone for the stronger stuff i think..i got it from makeup artist choice like suggested...how do you layer this? i put extra above my lip and even second layer was barely noticable...i guess i will wait to see if i peel....let me know your thoughts everyone..... thanks

#28 ·
Well......chances are you will get flaking. You could have tried to layer it. Without the frosting, I would say No, it wasn't strong enough for you. You would know if it was, you would be red, and sensitive to the touch.

Give it a few days and see what happens. I will keep my fingers crossed for you-

#30 ·
Sandia, just a comment about that TCA Latte Peel. I ordered some and was using it at night. I didn't peel at all, but I did find that after a couple of weeks, the product actually split and I had to throw it away and I hadn't kept it anywhere near heat.

#31 ·
Julie @ perfectcomplexion.net recs using the TCA Latte to facilitate a peel that isn't peeling after a couple days. (like you would use Retin-A to start the turnover of cells) It's really too mild to use on its own IMO.

I am not brave enough to do a 25% peel on the ULL yet....but maybe an 18% next. Do you use a fan to help with the burning while it's on? That helps me.

This thread should be bookmarked! So much good info from everyone.

#32 ·
I haven't found the TCA Lattee to be useful at all. I used it for 4 nights on my arms and nothing. Plus it stinks. Literally smells awful! If anybody wants mine, they can have it for the cost of shipping. I have the TCA Latee used a few times and a bottle used never, stil sealed I think. Plus, 2 jars of some other "peel" stuff similar to the TCA Lattee stuff. LMK per PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.