Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 layers? I have done 2 layers and I peel, would 3 layers make me shed like a snake?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Did you frost with 2 layers if not yes go for 3. I have heard of some doing it up to 5 times but I would prefer to just go with a higher %

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I did 4 layers of 12.5% and barely got any spots of blanching. BURNED. I upped to 25% and got almost immediate blanching-after 2 mins. Much less time for the stuff to be on your face than the 12.5%. But I wouldn't have gone for the higher % unless I'd used the lower % first.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

My first time using the 12.5, I peeled a little, with little frosting. The second time I layered twice and forsted a lot and peeled a lot. I am hoping a 3rd layer will give me fantastic results.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was my 3rd peel in the series of peel 3 peel over 9 weeks and HOLY CRAP.

My first peel was fine with one layer, and my second peel with 2 layers was not so bad. This 3 peel with two layers KILLED ME. There was no way I could do a third layer
I guess our skin is as moody as our personalities, I got as red as a cooked lobster and frosted at least 60% of my face and the stinging was excruciating.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and this is the first time my face actually got a little swollen. I am so red and I have this faint headache (like when I spend too much time in the sun).

WOW!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Stay out of the sun if you can especially the first 24 hours! Cool it down as Fawnster suggested with cool water/cloths. Get that antibiotic cream with pain relief if you can find it. Good luck that stuff does and can burn and as you said we are ALL different as well as our skin so be careful and keep a good eye on it.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
It all depends on you and your skin, BUT if you are a first time peeler, ESPECIALLY if you have never done Retin A or Vit C serums etc. I would highly suggest diluting it to 15% do one layer if you don't frost do a second one. But use caution if you have never used any kind of chemical peel you CAN burn yourself terribly. I would NOT use 30% on face except for very stubborn small spots. I got the 30% for hands and arms. The most I have done on my face so far is 18% and it worked well by layering it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Much better now, Thanks.

I tend to bounce back quickly. Still very red in certain areas, swelling seems to have gone done a quite a bit, and just feel like I have been on the beach all day and of course I have not.

WOW, it was so intense. Like I said, I have done two 12.5 peels prior to this and no problem this time BAM. If this is what a 12.5 can feel like I am not sure if I will ever go above a 15% peel. WOW WE!

·
Registered
713 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was my 3rd peel in the series of peel 3 peel over 9 weeks and HOLY CRAP.

My first peel was fine with one layer, and my second peel with 2 layers was not so bad. This 3 peel with two layers KILLED ME. There was no way I could do a third layer
I guess our skin is as moody as our personalities, I got as red as a cooked lobster and frosted at least 60% of my face and the stinging was excruciating.

chunch
...I think your body is telling you to give the peels a rest for a few months!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Thanks,

My first time using the 12.5, I peeled a little, with little frosting. The second time I layered twice and forsted a lot and peeled a lot. I am hoping a 3rd layer will give me fantastic results.
Chunch, so whats the outcome here? You did 3 layers of 12.5%???

You will be fine, buck up my friend-

We never said trying to have beautiful skin was an easy job-

Lather on the neosporin, and take a couple Motrin, and hopefully that will do the trick.

I did one layer of 18% on my face, and peeled nicely. I did 2 layers of 18% on my hands and they are STILL peeling. It has been 10 days or more.

After this peel Chunch, I think you need to lay off of them for awhile. Give your skin a rest.

·
Registered
713 Posts
gymrat...my hands peeled for 3 weeks with 4 layers of 12.5% peel on my hands! I think I would like to say to chunch she should maybe have a little brandy to go to bed with, for medicinal purposes only of course!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Did your hands itch at all? Mine have itched me like crazy!!! You know they say your hands tell your real age........well people must think I am 80 by the way they are looking-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Did your hands itch at all? Mine have itched me like crazy!!! You know they say your hands tell your real age........well people must think I am 80 by the way they are looking-
I was really itchy especially between my fingers and my hands really drank the emu oil.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
This is lousy grammar!!!! It's nearly 1:30 maybe that's the reason or maybe I'm just loosing it
I hear ya!! It is 2:30 here-
at home it is only 12:30, I hate traveling with a time change, screws me up everytime!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts