Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i'm new on here, i must admit this forum is great full of great info.
i'v been lurkn arnd (lol) few skin and hair care forums, but none ov dem compare to dis one full ov knowledge and advice. (great ones at dat)
i'm hoping one ov you guys will be able to help me.

I've always had what i consider nice skin not problematic at all, aneways at some point i started getting spots and ended up squeezing and popping them. which i know deeply regret as it left scars on my face.

so i decided to fade some of them out, after a great deal of online research i decided to use makari caviar cream on my face which only made the situation worst by lightening my overal complexion but darkening the original marks and also made me breakout causing more scars.

I quickly ditched it, so that i wouldn't do more damage to my skin.

cut the story short after weeks of researching on tca peels i decided to order the 12.5% solution from alldaychemist. (not my first peel)

I followed all the directions and applied 3 layers waiting 5 min between each application.
I then neutralized it as recommended.
I applied the peel on last friday there's been a tiny amount of peeling around my chin and nose but that's about it. the rest of the skin is leathery like and my brown marks and scars are very dark.

my question is how could i speed the peeling process, i've been wetting my face twice a day and then applying the anointment. as i've read i think on the basic skin care forum that splashing your face with water hepls. but some of guys were also saying to avoid moisture on the face as the skin peels faster.

i also know that some of members on here that have done multiple tca peels like ondine, goatlady, and sandia1 haven't mentioned their skin taking long to peel.

i'll be greatful for any sort of advice.

also does anyone know how to put a photo on the avatar.
(sorry dis is a lonnnnnnnnng msg)

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
It normally takes a good 4-5 days before I peeled. To speed it up don't use moisturizer if you have Retin A use that or some type of retinol cream or glycolic cream/lotion if you have it. I had spots that turned very brown also those are the ones that really peel nicely. I didn't know ADC had TCA. We all get ours from MUAC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it looks leathery and it's brown then that means you should be peeling any time now. If you have Retin-A I've heard it speeds up the peeling process quite alot. Patience is the key. Maybe 12.5% isn't strong enough for you skin type. I'd recommend moving upto 15% if this doesn't meet your needs. I use 15% and it works wonders for me.

Keep us updated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you goatlady,ok i shall stop panicking and wait for few more days.
no i meant i got it from make up artists choice, i said alldaychemist because i was on the website to order retin a.silly me lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
thank you goatlady,ok i shall stop panicking and wait for few more days.
no i meant i got it from make up artists choice, i said alldaychemist because i was on the website to order retin a.silly me lol
That's where I purchase all of my supplies. MUAC is a great website!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's where I purchase all of my supplies. MUAC is a great website!
its a great website, only that the postage fee to england is quite steep,last time when i received my oder i had to pay an extra £14 which is around $8 in vat. but they have some great products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts