Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read a few threads and did a quick Google Search some weeks ago, and I I guess you people here are using them in your elbows and knees.

I have really dark elbows, and I hate weating t-shirts because of them... and I want them gone. Everyone here says they work great! And I would like to try one and see if I can improve things.

I have tried HQ4%/RA, and I just did not see anything happen after many days and 2-3 times a day... the skin just seems to very thick and dark.

Thank you for any comments you may have. I have never done one of these peels before, but I am looking for a more aggressive way to attack my elbows and fix things!

What can I expect from a good strength peel? [I am in the US]

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Since your elbow and knee skin is so though that not even HQ/RA has any effect on it, you need a strong concentration of 25% TCA and then an 85% Lactic Acid to get rid of the dark accumulated dead skin cells and bring about new lighter skin. I recommend you get the 25% TCA from beautyscientific.com or makeupartistischoice.com and do a one layer coating on your knees and elbows and leave it on for about 5 minutes then neutralizze it. Observe over the following days if you have any peeling at all; if your elbow and knee skin peels by day 5 then you are good to go but if it doesnt peel then you need to keep it on longer, for about 10 to 25 minutes. Perform about 5 of these TCA 25% peels every week or until you see a SIGNIFICANT visible change in your skin color. After you see a good enough change, then get the 85% Lactic Acid Chemical Peel from amazon.com and leave them on for 5 to 7 minutes, do this peel every 5 days, this peel LIGHTENS that skin and moisturizes it and is the finishing touch to the TCA peels.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have tried HQ4%/RA, and I just did not see anything happen after many days and 2-3 times a day... the skin just seems to very thick and dark.
Exactly how many days did you apply hq/ra?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I use Makeupartistchoice for my TCA peels. They do sell good size samples too so you can try different levels.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hypothermic! Long time no see. Nice having you back. LNL's post has the sources for the TCA peels. I tried the 18% from MUAC & it did help with the knees & elbows although mine were not that much darker than the rest of my body. It'll take more than 1 treatment, but it'll work.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hypothermic, certainly go ahead and try the peels, but the RA/HQ will take MUCH longer than 2.5 weeks, so I wouldn't say it hasn't worked. It may take a few months to see a difference. I've been using the combo on my face and it has been almost two months and I only see a slight change. We just have to be patient! Easier said than done I know

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Even if you use the HQ/RA for like 3 to 6 months on the knees and elbows, I can guarantee you that you wont get the even results that you would have with say TCA/Lactic of HQ in like a 10% concentration mixed with 0.1% Retin-A and a steroid such as Dexamethasone which is essential in softening and thinning the thick elbow/knee skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
287 Posts
When do you start to use the Lactic Acid Peel after a TCA peel? Is this the same regimen you want to use on your face the TCA Peel followed by Lactic Acid Peels?

I personally have used the Lactic Acid 85% from Original Skin Store and have been pleased with the results - minimized lines, better skin tone and color.

Getting ready to do my 1st TCA peel in a couple of weeks - will start with 20%.
I have been using retin a, glycolics, retinols and copper peptides on a regular basis, so I think I can safely use the 20% TCA. I will stop using the Retin A about 5 days before the TCA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it safe to do TCA peels every week? I dont understand, I thought that I was suppose to wait until im done peeling to be able to apply other peels?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Is it safe to do TCA peels every week? I dont understand, I thought that I was suppose to wait until im done peeling to be able to apply other peels?
NO!!!! You cannot apply a TCA peel once a week. Recommended use of a good quality TCA is twice a year. Of coure spot treating certain areas from time to time is fine if needed.

Just like anything else, less is best, and for that you will get better results in the end.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just bought mine from Amazon.com - it was at least $10 cheaper for 1 fl oz.

@CarmenS I would wait it out for at least a couple of weeks after you have completely shed the last dead layers from the previous peel...probably more but at least that much...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts