Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my 1st at home TCA peel yesterday, I think we took it down to a 35% from 50%. I put several layers on and only turned med. red while it was on. I think I got screwed. Its not red today and just slightly tight. I want to try again without deluting so much. I have taken off work 2 weeks to do this. Really wanted a good medium peel. Should I wait the 3 days or has anyone tried it in 2?

Thanks, Gail

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hi gail, where did you buy your TCA peel? I did a 12.5% a few weeks ago and I had a very mild reaction compared to some people but I had a good peel (as in peeled in strips) 4 days after the initial application of the TCA and I did not tighten up until 2 1/2 days. So keep us posted - your application was a strong one something should happen!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kit,
I bought it over the internet MDW. They had a huge website saying how they don't rip you off with weak product like Ebay. When they didn't ship and didn't ship with no communication I tried to cancel thru Paypal. That's when it was sent, but maybe they were mad and cut the product. Who knows?

Did yours burn when it was applied? Mine did for a few seconds then that was it. When you say it peeled in big strips was pink skin underneath?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Who is MDW? Most here got their TCA from makeupartistchoice.com

·
Registered
713 Posts
Gail...the TCA did burn but only for 2 seconds, I am not familiar with MDW. I bought mine from Makeup Artist Choice, I live in Canada and I received it in 8 days and I am now ordering another peel from them. I bought a 30% and it says I can dilute it as necessary...They were fantastic to deal with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the website where I purchased the TCA peel best skin peel - the - ESTHETICIAN'S CHOICETM MEDICAL GRADE TCA PEEL BEST SKIN PEEL When this one took so long to arrive a bought a 100% on Ebay bettercomplexions. Scary stuff putting this on ones face. I'm 59 and have been trying to hold it all together with face lifts and light peels, but ran out of money.

Think I'm going to try again tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for talking to me

·
Registered
713 Posts
OMG!!! Don't do a peel with 100% TCA, is there directions on how to reduce the strength?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
OMG I agree the only place I MIGHT put 100% is on the heels of my feet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries I know better than to do 100%. Today I have some light peeling going on. Not sure if I should do anything over it. Wish someone had done a re-peel after 3 days so I'd know what to expect. I wish my time wasn't so limited.

I did read that the skin needs to frost to get a deeper peel.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I wouldn't now that it is peeling if you feel dry try some oil.

·
Registered
713 Posts
No worries I know better than to do 100%. Today I have some light peeling going on. Not sure if I should do anything over it. Wish someone had done a re-peel after 3 days so I'd know what to expect. I wish my time wasn't so limited.

I did read that the skin needs to frost to get a deeper peel.
gail I used emu oil on my face everyday and when I went to just flaking I used sweet almond oil (I ran out of the emu oil.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi girls,

Well I did it! I took the 100% TCA and deluted it to 50% and went for it. Wowee! Now that was burn! It frosted and I left it on about 3 minutes. Didn't hurt after the cold water and barely turned red. Today its not red but brought out all the freckles and made things darker. I'm not putting anything on cause I want it to peel faster.

I don't see any real damage from doing another peel so fast. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll let you know how it goes,

Gail

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Gail the brown is normal very normal. I have only spot peeled and did my largest brown spots and freckles and wow do they ever get brown but if you frosted then you should peel really well, just takes days to get there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Goatlady, this is not the thread we were talking on, but I did want you to know that my 12.5% peel did finally start to peel after I used your advice about the RA. The brown spots did peel and are a lot lighter, but I think I'll have to go stronger or do it a couple more times. I've lost track of the days, but I think I put the third coat on about a week ago. Once again, thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
No problem. I had to do my worst spot several times with the 18 but I finally got it. Just give your skin time to heal before doing it again.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Gail, how did you dilute it, may I ask? I have 30% and I want to dilute it to 15%.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MsFancyPants,
To get 15% from 30% just take 2 droppers or teaspoons of 30% and mix with 2 droppers of purified water or distilled. Mix it with equal amounts. Good luck!

I'm seeing a little peeling around my mouth.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Great! Thanks, Gail!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today is my 3rd day and where I turned brown I've got some major peeling going on. It seems weird though with two peels on I'm still not peeling on my forehead or under the eyes. If I ever do this again I'm using acetone to clean my face. Maybe even a blue peel so I can see where I already applied it. I didn't get a very even peel. Hope it won't heal funny.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts