Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooooo, I used the 25% on my forehead and my crow's feet area. (After a patch test.) So when your skin frosts- and turns white, that means it's time to wash your face, correct?? That's what I got from the instructions. I didn't let my forehead "sit" with frosting on it- I didn't want to damage my skin. OR, should you let it stay on for a minute or so after you see frosting? Just asking the "pros" here before I do the rest of my face in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I did mine for the full 5 min even after I saw frost. But then I was using 18 not 25 wow you are a brave one! Look forward to the pictures. So what do you think? Did you notice your skin was smoother after the peeling. That for me was the most notable change. Of course seeing that brown spot peel off was pretty awesome also!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes...... very much smoother, brighter, even, some freckles are gone and it just looks overall better. I don't want to do peels too often, but I want to try to soften more of the lines on my face. I was skeered to leave the solution on too long after frosting!! lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
WOW 25 %, I can't wait to see if you like the result! Did you find it as painful as your previous one or you getting use to it?

I'm saying this 'cause when I did the glycolic, I was nervous for the first few ones about the stinging but after 5 or 6 ones, I did not feel it as strong, the skin get use to it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW 25 %, I can't wait to see if you like the result! Did you find it as painful as your previous one or you getting use to it?

I'm saying this 'cause when I did the glycolic, I was nervous for the first few ones about the stinging but after 5 or 6 ones, I did not feel it as strong, the skin get use to it.
Ya know, it stung, but since it frosted so quickly I didn't have to leave it on my face as long, so it wasn't as uncomfortable as when I layered the 12.5%. Yes, it stung and I KNOW it will sting when I do the rest of my face, but-I won't have to leave it on as long to get the frosting. It took 4-5 layers of 12.5 to get any frosting and boy was that veeeeeerrry uncomfortable. I mean, STUNG!!
I put this stuff on and pretty much, BOOM, I had frosting within 4 minutes. It passed fairly quickly until I could put a cool cloth on my face and wash it.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
sandia- after you apply it stick you face in front of a fan. Turn on the timer and just sweat it out!!! Praying for that buzzer to sound-

I have NEVER done a 25%, I am anxious to hear about your results!!

Bless your little brave soul-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sandia- after you apply it stick you face in front of a fan. Turn on the timer and just sweat it out!!! Praying for that buzzer to sound-

I have NEVER done a 25%, I am anxious to hear about your results!!

Bless your little brave soul-

Oh, I have my big box fan right by my bathroom entrance!! The forehead and around the sides of my eyes didn't hurt too much, but I'm SURE my cheeks and chin/nose, etc. are going to burn tonight when I do the rest of my face. I may take a fioricet (migraine med) before cos it DID hurt for an hour afterwards and that was more pain than when the acid was on my face! I mean, HURT! I am taking fever few for migraine prevention and I need to ask my doc if it's okay to take ibuprofen with it. I think it's okay. I did take some tylenol for the pain, but it didn't help! I mean, it felt bruised and.... I dunno.... like somebody had pummeled my skin. It's just red and shiny and tight today. Got my SPF 70 on and then I have makeup on. Don't think that will hurt. I put a layer of Monistat gel over the sunscreen- that should have locked in the "greasiness" and I was mistaken about my dental appt. It's at 1:00 PM!!!! UGH!!! D*mmit! I have an doc appt this morning at 10:00, so I have to go to that also for a referral to a neurologist for my headaches and also for a derm appt. I want some Retin A.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats on trying a TCA peel! I've used the 25% TCA peel several times, and frosted in some areas while not in others. Once an area frosts, I can hardly stand to leave it on much after that. It burns and I just can't stand it - even with a fan. One time I got frosting under the eyes and left it on for about 2 min after that - the skin was so incredibly red and sore afterward. Of course much better within 12 hrs, the next morning before work, but still not something I want to voluntarily do again.

Before trying the TCA peels, I was using 33% glycolic acid with great improvement - no real peeling or pain. The TCA peels of course make things get tight and crisp and then flake away, but you can't beat the results! Smooth, clear, freckle-free skin! Even the millia I've had popping up in various places on my face are going away or completely gone!!!

If you get good results from the TCA peel (or any peel for that matter), use caution and stick with it. I am amazed at how the fine lines and wrinkles have decreased, not to mention lightening pigment. It's better than Retin-A if you asked me.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Clabbergirl to share your experience but like you, I'm still not sure if I will put TCA on my face! I got 15% few weeks ago, today I had to see my doctor and I asked him for a prescription of antibiotic ointment and he said I only need to put Polysporin. I told him what it was for and he said POLYSPORIN will do.

·
Registered
713 Posts
mariepop...my doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic ointment when I told him I was doing a peel - I did not ask for it but he felt I should have something stronger on hand because I have had cellulitis 11 times in the past 7 years. I did not fill the script and I did not need it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My forehead and crow's feet area are SO TIGHT, OMG. I can't imagine having my whole face this way. I think I'm going to let this heal and then do the lower part of my face. Oh my word... this is much worse tightening than the 12.5%... Today was the worst. If I'd done my whole face I swear, I don't think I would be able to open my mouth. Wowozer!!!!!!!!! It's like leather!! I hope it peels soon and I like the results!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Clabbergirl to share your experience but like you, I'm still not sure if I will put TCA on my face! I got 15% few weeks ago, today I had to see my doctor and I asked him for a prescription of antibiotic ointment and he said I only need to put Polysporin. I told him what it was for and he said POLYSPORIN will do.
I'm using a triple antibiotic OTC with pain reliever in it. And it doesn't take much. And I got my emu oil in the mail today! Woohoo! I washed my face today and used it all over. I didn't even bother with any of my other products.. lol. I just put it on before bed cos I was soooooooo tired and I woke up in the middle of the night as you can see the time on my post and my skin is so soft!! I'll def be using this with my anti-wrinkle serums! I put it on when my face was still a bit moist after washing it.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yeah I think I will do the same when I try the 18% on my face, leave myself some comfort zones. Perhaps do the forehead and T-zone one time then the rest of the face at another time. I have heard the stronger peels get really tight as gymrat has pointed out previously. I like the emu oil also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm sitting here reading all these posts and I can just hear the tca 12% calling my name. I bought it along with the glycolic 50%, with which I have been prepping my face. I was going to wait a few weeks, but I think I'll try it on the brown spots next week. I want to do it today, but I'm going for a facial on Friday and I don't want my skin peeling off in the esthetician's hands lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
BTW, I'm very happy with the glycolic 50%. I used it 3 times and my skin is very glowy and tight. It looks good for 65 yo, except for the few brown spots. I'll conquer them, though. Just like you, goatlady.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
There are 3 great things that work and has worked for my starting with glycolic, then TCA for stubborn spots ( had to use 18% for the more stubborn ones ) Retin A and Vit. C serum. All wonderful useful products that really do work! You may have to layer your 12% to get good results on the spots.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
BTW, I'm very happy with the glycolic 50%. I used it 3 times and my skin is very glowy and tight. It looks good for 65 yo, except for the few brown spots. I'll conquer them, though. Just like you, goatlady.
Welcome! nurseMarie, did your face peeled with Glycolic 50% ? and how about the fine lines, did you see improvement?
I have not peel with 30 %

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My 25% peel is starting to flake around the edges today and in the center of my forehead! YAY! Less tightness. I'm doing the rest of my face today. Oh boy, days of not being to open my mouth wide. LOL I love the 25%- only 2 layers and the second layer did not have to stay on more than a minute or 2. Not as painful as layering the 12.5%. I would NOT start off with the 25% if you never did a peel, though. I was brave upping to 25% after doing the 12.5, but I didn't have a LOT of *peeling with it- only in areas, but some flaking-I want a PEEL. The skin is def. darker and MUCH tighter than the 12.5% layered 4 times. But peeling is beginning! WOOHOO!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts