Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had a TCA Peel? Did it get rid of all wrinkles? Was it expensive?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I have done them. I did a package of six along with a laser procedure. Did it get rid of all the wrinkles? I don't think that is ever possible unless you have surgery. And even with surgery, I don't know if you will ever achieve the smooth as a babies behind skin.

As of yet, I don't have major deep wrinkles, fine lines mostly. And yes, the peels help alot with smoothing those. But over time they will come back if you don't take care of your skin along the way. Would I recommend them? Yes, in a good skin care office. The healing time is what is really important when you do the TCA peels. You need to stay in doors and let your skin peel at its own pace. Do not help it in any way or you can cause serious scarring.

Hope that helps you some-

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Gymrat when did you do them and where did you do the laser (physically-like whole face, eyes etc)? I am considering a consult for a full face laser and a tca peel on my neck and decolletage. I have also considered it for my hands. I have seen amazing results on two people with CO2 laser. I have never seen anyone who has done a TCA peel but if it is similar to laser it does seem that it would turn the clock back. I know a woman in her 60's who did it and she looks to be in her late 40's now. I also had a friend who did it and her skin was as smooth as a baby's bottom after the laser, very taut and very smooth and shining like a very youthful glow. She is in her 30's and had more fine lines and wrinkles than I have, I really just have fine lines and a couple of scars I want to get rid of on the face. I am considering the TCA for "matching" purposes as so many women seem to do facelifts or laser and leave the neck and decolletage alone and it is like a young face on an older body.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Lexi- I did TCA, microderm, and laser. It was not CO2 laser. I did the Titan by Cutera. Yes, I did my face, neck and decollete. Not the hands, should have, LOL.

Yes, I did have tightening, the glow, etc, right after. Not for long enough though. I just think I expected a lot more of a WOW result, then what I got.

The TCA, microderms, by far were amazing to me. Result wise. I had hyperpigmentation, surface toning, shrinking of pores, etc from doing that. With the peels, I just had to plan for the occation if you will. Meaning, I couldn't go out after I started to peel. In the beginning, a day or so after I was ok, it was more day 4-7 that it really kicked in. They gave me a product called SilkSes for hydrating when my face got too tight. If that makes sense. At times I would feel like I couldn't open my mouth or else........it would hurt the cracks on the side of my mouth. I never had bleeding, oozing, etc at all. Just fresh beautiful skin underneath.

I would try the TCA before I would go into the CO2 myself. And maybe save the CO2 until you really need it. I have been told, that maybe I didn't get the results I wanted from the laser, because it was too soon to have it done. Which, maybe this is true. So for what it is worth, try a TCA. You don't have to do a package like I did. You can buy them individually.

Hope that helps a little-

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The TCA interests me for body. I have long since heard the Laser's are a waste UNLESS it is CO2 and then in the hands of the right person only. I had a friend who did it and she really has turned back the clock and was in her 30's so it just made her really youthful. I also have a lady in my building who was a typical 60 something, smoker/drinker/tanner and she looked amazing after laser with the CO2 I am most impressed by that. I just never saw the TCA peel which you can apparently do all over. I have heard Madonna has had that done a few times, head to toe!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I know that this is a skin care site, and so it all may be obvious to some, but I'll ask anyway since no one else has -

WHAT IS A TCA PEEL? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It is a deep chemical peel. Second only to a phenol peel in the depth that a peel can get to. It is much stronger than glycolic and done in a medical setting only.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The TCA, microderms, by far were amazing to me. Result wise. I had hyperpigmentation, surface toning, shrinking of pores, etc from doing that. With the peels, I just had to plan for the occation if you will. Meaning, I couldn't go out after I started to peel. In the beginning, a day or so after I was ok, it was more day 4-7 that it really kicked in. They gave me a product called SilkSes for hydrating when my face got too tight. If that makes sense. At times I would feel like I couldn't open my mouth or else........it would hurt the cracks on the side of my mouth. I never had bleeding, oozing, etc at all. Just fresh beautiful skin underneath.
Gymrat - Wow! That sounds great. Did you do the peels yourself or go to a professional?

I found this site that sells TCA peels in different strengths. Does anyone know if these peels could be used just on localized areas - such as a deep wrinkle or crease to eliminate or minimize it?

TCA Peel - Advance Skin Peel

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
mirecka--be careful! These chemicals are serious! I would NEVER attempt it myself. I won't even go to a 50 or 60% AHA on my own! You can end up looking like a burn victim! Even doctors go to other doctors to do these as you cannot control a painful substance on you should it become unbearable and the results can be catastrophic!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Gymrat - Wow! That sounds great. Did you do the peels yourself or go to a professional?

I found this site that sells TCA peels in different strengths. Does anyone know if these peels could be used just on localized areas - such as a deep wrinkle or crease to eliminate or minimize it?

TCA Peel - Advance Skin Peel
Sorry this took me so long to read-

Mireckca- No I do not do the TCA peels at home. I have them done proffesionally.

I do however do my own gylcolic and AHA peels at home. And yes, the TCA peels work rather good. Good enough to continue doing them. They hurt or should I say burn a little when it is applied, but nothing compared to the feeling of child birth!! LOL. I compare everything to having children!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Im just wondering Gymrat cause you use the Green Cream yourself are you still using the Green Cream and gyloclic and AHA peels?

Just wondering how much exfoliation this causes on your face!?

I found i had to stop using the gyloclic and AHA from the amount of exfoliation i got from the Green Cream, but may be i just get the extra exfoliation due to my skin being very dry!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I found i had to stop using the gyloclic and AHA from the amount of exfoliation i got from the Green Cream, but may be i just get the extra exfoliation due to my skin being very dry!
NY - the same thing happened to me. Since I have been using vitamin C serum every AM and Retin-A every PM, there has been no need for additional exfoliation and so I have not used my glycolic acid product in a long time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are the best, safest, and most effective chemical peels you can do at home? I have melasma and age spots that I would love to help get rid of. If I can do them from home, I would prefer that! (way cheaper and more convenient!) What are your favorites? brands, etc. I am thinking of starting with glycolic acid peel 35% and then moving up. Aso what is the different between gylcolic peels versus lactic acid peels or salacylic peels? Favorites? I have tried melasma without luck and also want to work on tone and texture of my skin since I'm started to wrinkle. I also heard photofacials are amazing. All advice is welcome!!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
What are the best, safest, and most effective chemical peels you can do at home? I have melasma and age spots that I would love to help get rid of. If I can do them from home, I would prefer that! (way cheaper and more convenient!) What are your favorites? brands, etc. I am thinking of starting with glycolic acid peel 35% and then moving up. Aso what is the different between gylcolic peels versus lactic acid peels or salacylic peels? Favorites? I have tried melasma without luck and also want to work on tone and texture of my skin since I'm started to wrinkle. I also heard photofacials are amazing. All advice is welcome!!
Well for me personally I like using TCA peels. There are so many threads on this site you can read through to find out the pros and cons to using them. Under the search menu just type in peels or tca. You can also go to this site and learn loads of info on all the different peels available to use at home.
Chemical Peels, Chemical Peel, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Jessner, Lactic Acid Peels, Chemical Free Enzyme Peels, Pumpkin Peels

1 - 16 of 16 Posts