Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After living in Florida for 22 years including many years on the water and on the beach, and despite always wearing a high factor spf, I still have lots of brown spots on my chest and arms. Could be cumlative damage adding up to my current age of almost 69. Boy these spots are ugly. I was thinking of doing a TCA peel on chest and arms. Has anyone done this? It's pretty scary. I am getting to the point where I want to try it. Any advice on doing this at home? I had laser on my face and it was great, but after ten years the lines and discolorations have returned, not too bad, but nothing lasts forever. Can't afford the laser again due to reduced income. I did try another laser a couple of years ago, but the technician couldn't even do it on me because it hurt so bad during a preliminary test on my arm. She said I had thin skin. Boy getting old is not for sissies.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
After living in Florida for 22 years including many years on the water and on the beach, and despite always wearing a high factor spf, I still have lots of brown spots on my chest and arms. Could be cumlative damage adding up to my current age of almost 69. Boy these spots are ugly. I was thinking of doing a TCA peel on chest and arms. Has anyone done this? It's pretty scary. I am getting to the point where I want to try it. Any advice on doing this at home? I had laser on my face and it was great, but after ten years the lines and discolorations have returned, not too bad, but nothing lasts forever. Can't afford the laser again due to reduced income. I did try another laser a couple of years ago, but the technician couldn't even do it on me because it hurt so bad during a preliminary test on my arm. She said I had thin skin. Boy getting old is not for sissies.
Rambling rose, you might want to hop over to this thread
http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...ca-update.html
They talk alot about TCA peels. Goatlady is very knowledgeable. I have done TCA's but never on my chest or arms.

Best of luck to you if you give it a try!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yes I have done it on my chest and arms. Doing the chest was really itchy when it peeled but this may not happen to everyone, just have some Emu oil handy for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts