Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pic from day 2 and 3. Leathery and I'm sure it will peel in the next day or two.
VERY tight!! Glad this isn't an all over face peel!
Day two:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day three and very tight and leathery. It looks more brown irl than in the pics, but not VERY brown. I have not been moisturizing this area at all. I stopped the antibiotic ointment on day one.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Right Sandia when you go up to this % I agree do NOT do the whole face. It makes it much more bearable. Today after doing the 18% no one would ever know. The skin on my nose is a little darker but that is it and I can feel some tightness around my temples and top lip.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right Sandia when you go up to this % I agree do NOT do the whole face. It makes it much more bearable. Today after doing the 18% no one would ever know. The skin on my nose is a little darker but that is it and I can feel some tightness around my temples and top lip.
I did my forehead and crow's feet with the 25%, then 2 days later the rest of my face. UGH. It was hell. However, I healed nicely, but waiting to peel, the itching and tightness all over were so irritating!!!! I will probably do a MOSTLY all over peel again, but not any time very soon!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Sandia it looks great to me, exactly how it should look. Get ready for the peeling-yay!!!

I hope it turns out perfect!

I am gearing up to do mine. I have a few Dr appt early this week, so I am looking at maybe Wed to apply mine.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sandia it looks great to me, exactly how it should look. Get ready for the peeling-yay!!!

I hope it turns out perfect!

I am gearing up to do mine. I have a few Dr appt early this week, so I am looking at maybe Wed to apply mine.
Okay I just did this spot peel and I found out I have to get new passport photos this week!!! UGH!
My hubby LOST MY PICS! I went to take all of my passport info to the right office on base and before I got to the door, I looked in the pic package and whose pics were in there? Hubby's! Not mine and I can't find them anywhere. Soooo I will have to really do some coverup to have my passport pic taken on base this week! lol what luck!
I hope I can maybe find my pics and won't have to get new ones. I feel the edges of the spots in some places a tad loose. I have to make myself NOT PEEL it myself!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Thanks you just reminded me about my passport picture!!! Ugh-guess I better do that before Wed-

Oh trust me, I am totally guilty of peeling it myself!!! It drives me crazy not too. There have only been a couple of times, I could feel where I needed to stop peeling it (little raw, little blood) so I will always stop if that happens. Just be careful-I can't be the one to say STOP doing that, because I am guilty of it myself-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you just reminded me about my passport picture!!! Ugh-guess I better do that before Wed-

Oh trust me, I am totally guilty of peeling it myself!!! It drives me crazy not too. There have only been a couple of times, I could feel where I needed to stop peeling it (little raw, little blood) so I will always stop if that happens. Just be careful-I can't be the one to say STOP doing that, because I am guilty of it myself-
I am a "picker" so I have to literally pull my hands away from the spots! I've peeled when it was loose and yeah, like used nail scissors wiped down with alcohol to cut skin away so it wouldn't peel too much into the areas where I knew it would be too much. I've never made a place bleed, thank God. I smudged a place by my nose a few minutes ago and some skin came up and I peeled a TINY place off and the skin felt so raw. I put antibiotic ointment on it. Have to keep my hands off my face! UGH!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tonight after having ointment on my peel area, later on the skin was sooooo loose I peeled off what came off easily. I should have let it just fall off, I guess. I know I'll re-peel. I did last time I used the 25%, though not as bad a peel as the first. More little peeling areas and flakiness. I wonder if it would have looked any better had I just let the skin fall OFF?? I did wash my face and the skin was loose and sloughing. I just couldn't let that skin just hang there!!! UGH!! Pics after peeling=fresh, red, baby skin that's very sensitive. Emu/jojoba/HA mix on it + antibiotic cream. I do think this was premature peeling. I just wonder if the EFFECTS would have been different if I just let the skin fall off?? I'll be careful, very careful with the new baby skin!! I know it's more prone to infection. :/

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Nope. Still haven't scared me yet Sandia!
I am on Day2 of my 12.5% peel of one side of my upper lip. With 2 layers all I am getting is flaking...poo. I've put Retin-A on to accelerate the peeling and still waiting for something magical to happen.....

Avene Thermal Water is nice for the flakes. It smoothes them but doesn't make them too moist so that they won't peel. The area is dry but not uncomfortably tight. Does that make sense? Any thermal water would do I think, but this is just what I had on hand. Sposed to be healing.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sandia what did you mean "all over peel"? I am planning on doing an extensive peel head to toe next week (I am having oral surgery on Thursday and will look like hell for a couple weeks and also will have painkillers so I figured perfect time!). I have tested 12.5% (nothing at all) and 21% double layered on my hand (no frosting and day 4 peeled to a bit of redness and pinker skin but not much difference otherwise) and I will now be waiting for my 30% results (with frosting). I am not sure if I am doing it right or not!? I figured 21% was pretty strong but my hands are one of my worst areas.

If you have done an all over what were the percentages you used on various parts?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sandia what did you mean "all over peel"? I am planning on doing an extensive peel head to toe next week (I am having oral surgery on Thursday and will look like hell for a couple weeks and also will have painkillers so I figured perfect time!). I have tested 12.5% (nothing at all) and 21% double layered on my hand (no frosting and day 4 peeled to a bit of redness and pinker skin but not much difference otherwise) and I will now be waiting for my 30% results (with frosting). I am not sure if I am doing it right or not!? I figured 21% was pretty strong but my hands are one of my worst areas.

If you have done an all over what were the percentages you used on various parts?
Oh, by all over, I meant my face and my last "all over" face peel was using the 25% layered twice. UGH.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I want to get rid of shoulder freckles, arm "permatan" hand crepe-paper look and just rejuvenate most of my body skin. My face actually does NOT need it (I am odd) my body is in more dire need of rejuvenation now. I am trying to use the right strengths first so I do not have to waste the lower strengths on areas that will need stronger and vice versa. Thanks for sharing your results though.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
30% twice on my forearms and hands really smoothed them out a LOT! I haven't even considered doing my legs. Upper arms are okay, except they have that folicular junk on them some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts