Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, these pics are brutal! Shows the blanching using 25%, then another layer of 30%- this stayed on my skin for a total of less than 4 minutes. Burned like he!!
The last 2 pics (which may be in a second post) are a couple of hours later. The spot above my upper lip is where I did a little spot peel last week and I got a cold sore! It healed fast with Abreva.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wowza!! My chin looks awful cos it got really scrubbed/exfoliated today from flaking w/Ret. A. This is a couple of hours after the peel. Pics really show the uglies up close! LOL
Face is gooped up with Emu oil and antibiotic ointment.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Sandia!!!! You are going to scare our peelers away!!!! LOL-you are a brave soul, I must say-

Quit doing so many, you are making me nervous now!!! don't make me have to come dump your supplies!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL It's been over 3 (3.5) weeks since I did that area. I think I'll be fine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sandia..you are really brave, I don't think I could do a peel on my own but then again I did not think I could do a DIY vitamin C serum

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
LOL It's been over 3 (3.5) weeks since I did that area. I think I'll be fine.
And did you just apply another one tonight? Or are those pic from the original one you did?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Sandia..you are really brave, I don't think I could do a peel on my own but then again I did not think I could do a DIY vitamin C serum
Don't ever say never!!

Stick around here for awhile, we will have you peeling in no time. The results are so worth the pain you have to endure. Trust me.

Start out slow and move up to a higher strength if and when you can. I have done numerous 12.5%-15% at home, and have done 18% professionally. All worth it!!

I am thinking of doing a 15% next week, if the sun goes away soon!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh yeah...I know better than to say never. I had it done once professionally but it is way too hot here in SoCal now to do it. I walked to the stairs in the hot sun this afternoon, and all I could think of is my skin (although protected by sunblock) could get damaged by RA. I cut short my work out

Don't ever say never!!

Stick around here for awhile, we will have you peeling in no time. The results are so worth the pain you have to endure. Trust me.

Start out slow and move up to a higher strength if and when you can. I have done numerous 12.5%-15% at home, and have done 18% professionally. All worth it!!

I am thinking of doing a 15% next week, if the sun goes away soon!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Oh ya, this CA sun has been brutal this year. It isn't cooling off like it is supposed too. They say by next week it should start to cool down, finally.

I am the same way, I cover myself from the sun everytime I go out in it. Even though I am layered with SS. I just don't want the hyperpigmentation!!! Been there done that before.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Sandia you are a brave lady, but it frosted just as it should. Do be careful! Keep us posted, you should be crinkly when you get up.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
WOW Sandia! That is certainly painful! by doing spots aren't you afraid where you did your peels, your skin will be lighter to compare of the rest of your face?
I only did RA between my upper lip and nose and my skin on that area is very light to compare with the rest of my face! I hope for you everything turns out great!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And did you just apply another one tonight? Or are those pic from the original one you did?
Yep, I did another one last night just on the NL fold area. 3 1/2 weeks after I did my whole face.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW Sandia! That is certainly painful! by doing spots aren't you afraid where you did your peels, your skin will be lighter to compare of the rest of your face?
I only did RA between my upper lip and nose and my skin on that area is very light to compare with the rest of my face! I hope for you everything turns out great!
Nah. I've done spots before and I've "healed" evenly!
It hurt while it was on- stung like CRAZY, but it was nothing after about 15 minutes with antibiotic ointment with benzocaine - or whatever it is- in it. No pain today. Not even very tight yet. I suppose tomorrow it will be tight.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know what I was thinking! It's been over 5 1/2 weeks since I did my last peel. Not 3 weeks. It's been 3 since I started Latisse. I guess that's was my confusion about time!! lol Doofus!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Well how does it look today? shrivelled up?

Don't worry about uneven healing. You should be fine. I have done peels, then come back and did certain areas again.

I usually do around my mouth 2 times. For some reason that area is hard for me to get a good peel. Everywhere else peels real nice.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope, not shrivelled or anything. Just a bit red. It usually takes a day or 2 before it looks really leathery.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I LOVE that leathery look-

Well, good luck to you. Take pics after!

I am hoping to be able to do mine later in the week. I have to be honest, I have to totally sike myself up for it. I have to remind myself that I have given birth and doing a peel is MUCH easier!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Honestly Sandia, It didn't scare me at all! And it really doesn't look that bad either.

The blanch/frost is exactly what I got with 2 layers of 12.5% after prepping with Retin-A the night before and glycolic wash that morning. (I know I know! that's wrong! but 12.4% wasn't doing anything on its own.)

Your skin is so smooooooth!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Honestly Sandia, It didn't scare me at all! And it really doesn't look that bad either.

The blanch/frost is exactly what I got with 2 layers of 12.5% after prepping with Retin-A the night before and glycolic wash that morning. (I know I know! that's wrong! but 12.4% wasn't doing anything on its own.)

Your skin is so smooooooth!
And we wonder why our DH's look at us like we are crazy-

1 - 20 of 35 Posts