Skin Care Talk banner

TCA spot peel

14K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  sandia1 
#1 ·
Man, these pics are brutal! Shows the blanching using 25%, then another layer of 30%- this stayed on my skin for a total of less than 4 minutes. Burned like he!!
The last 2 pics (which may be in a second post) are a couple of hours later. The spot above my upper lip is where I did a little spot peel last week and I got a cold sore! It healed fast with Abreva.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wowza!! My chin looks awful cos it got really scrubbed/exfoliated today from flaking w/Ret. A. This is a couple of hours after the peel. Pics really show the uglies up close! LOL
Face is gooped up with Emu oil and antibiotic ointment.

#3 ·
Sandia!!!! You are going to scare our peelers away!!!! LOL-you are a brave soul, I must say-

Quit doing so many, you are making me nervous now!!! don't make me have to come dump your supplies!!!

#6 ·
Sandia..you are really brave, I don't think I could do a peel on my own but then again I did not think I could do a DIY vitamin C serum

#8 ·
Don't ever say never!!

Stick around here for awhile, we will have you peeling in no time. The results are so worth the pain you have to endure. Trust me.

Start out slow and move up to a higher strength if and when you can. I have done numerous 12.5%-15% at home, and have done 18% professionally. All worth it!!

I am thinking of doing a 15% next week, if the sun goes away soon!!

#10 ·
Oh ya, this CA sun has been brutal this year. It isn't cooling off like it is supposed too. They say by next week it should start to cool down, finally.

I am the same way, I cover myself from the sun everytime I go out in it. Even though I am layered with SS. I just don't want the hyperpigmentation!!! Been there done that before.

#12 ·
WOW Sandia! That is certainly painful! by doing spots aren't you afraid where you did your peels, your skin will be lighter to compare of the rest of your face?
I only did RA between my upper lip and nose and my skin on that area is very light to compare with the rest of my face! I hope for you everything turns out great!

#14 ·
Nah. I've done spots before and I've "healed" evenly!
It hurt while it was on- stung like CRAZY, but it was nothing after about 15 minutes with antibiotic ointment with benzocaine - or whatever it is- in it. No pain today. Not even very tight yet. I suppose tomorrow it will be tight.

#16 ·
Well how does it look today? shrivelled up?

Don't worry about uneven healing. You should be fine. I have done peels, then come back and did certain areas again.

I usually do around my mouth 2 times. For some reason that area is hard for me to get a good peel. Everywhere else peels real nice.

#18 ·
I LOVE that leathery look-

Well, good luck to you. Take pics after!

I am hoping to be able to do mine later in the week. I have to be honest, I have to totally sike myself up for it. I have to remind myself that I have given birth and doing a peel is MUCH easier!!

#19 ·
Honestly Sandia, It didn't scare me at all! And it really doesn't look that bad either.

The blanch/frost is exactly what I got with 2 layers of 12.5% after prepping with Retin-A the night before and glycolic wash that morning. (I know I know! that's wrong! but 12.4% wasn't doing anything on its own.)

Your skin is so smooooooth!

#27 ·
Man, these pics are brutal! Shows the blanching using 25%, then another layer of 30%- this stayed on my skin for a total of less than 4 minutes. Burned like he!!
The last 2 pics (which may be in a second post) are a couple of hours later. The spot above my upper lip is where I did a little spot peel last week and I got a cold sore! It healed fast with Abreva.
That looks so painful! and you are a very beautiful lady...I use to do RA for years, all thru my 30's and 40's and for some reason I just stopped....Think I got tired of the peeling process....I'm 55 years young,LOL, and people all the time think I'm in my early 40's, my husband has also been asked if I was his daughter, now I really love that!... Right now I'm thinking about doing the TCA peel and trying to figure out the strength I need to go with....also what about the pumpkin peel , never heard about it until this board...another product to buy

#29 ·
For a first time TCA peeler don't go over 18, maybe start with 15%. Get a feel for it and don't let it scare you. If you really feel that isn't strong enough for your needs then you can move up. 30% is the strongest MUAC sells.

I really REALLY like the pumpkin peel.

Pro Pumpkin Peel Exfoliate is KEY to Younger Acting, Looking, Feeling Skin. Our products exfoliate and nourish the skin at the same timeÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

#34 ·
Emily, I did the pumpkin peel on friday night. It stings a bit, but is totally manageable (compared to doing a TCA peel) After I rinsed off the pumpkin peel, I applied a thick layer of jojoba oil to my face. Saturday morning, I was flaking around my mouth and around my nose. I used my microfiber cloth in those areas and that was all I had to do. My face was tight and felt great.

You will more than likely not get a "peel" so to speak from using the pumpkin peel, more of a flakiness in areas, if anything at all. If you want to actually peel, I would recommend doing a TCA.

The pumpkin peel is a great product, smells great, and leaves your face feeling wonderful. No downtime, which is another plus-

#33 ·
HONESTLY, the 25% isn't so bad unless you are doing your whole face, and still, it takes so little time for it to blanch it is really bearable. Today it's like leather and a tad brownish. My batteries died in my camera but I'll look for my other 2 rechargable batteries and take a pic. One edge was a tad loose today and I rubbed it (NO NO!) and it flaked up. I just barely peeled that away. Shouldn't have done that. Anyhow, if you have peeled with the lower strengths before, going up to 21% isn't so bad. I have a 25% with lactic acid in it. The pics do look bad scary. I looked at a lot of pics before I did my first peel and I was mortified! Some patches on people turn dark brown, but I know it is normal. I prayed and prayed that my skin would look okay after my first peel and it was wonderful! Just so you aren't getting your TCA from an unreliable source and end up getting the stuff that's not cosmetic grade!!!! I hope this puts a dent in my lines. After this one I'll wait another 8 weeks to do another in this same place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.