Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the main products you have tried that are discussed here, can you tell me what you like and where you ordered it from, and then what product definitely didnt work for you and you wouldnt buy again..

thanks! would love as much input as possible!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i ordered X-tend life day n night cream plus 15%TCA peel from MUAC so far. X-tend life is good so far but nothing xtra special atleast for me. i might re-buy unless i find something better. not sure rite now.
15% TCA i just used today n hope it works out just riht for me. I hav a long wish list right now. will buy them all slowy n giv u my reviews

One more thing i bought n tried after reading reviews here is Stevia. It does help in tightening temporarily though. I'm addicted to it n wanna continue with it for long term effects.
Oh yea i forgot Facial excercises n massages. I didn't buy the one Fawnie suggested but another one by Faceworks plus some excercises from Ageless free video uploads. I dunno but instead of preventing its actually giving me more wrinkles every day. but may be its just a "It gets worse b4 it gets better" phase. i am trying to stick with the programme though i got dishearted n gav myself a break in the middle.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Retinol stuff. Tried a couple, they didn't work. First and this far only retinol product that works for my skin is Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5. With works I mean, delivers a noticeable difference, not just redness and irritation or nothing (Estee Lauder, Vichy, Roc). Not only it has effective and gentle active ingredient, but it also has a very good silicone base (easy to spread) and some ceramides and phytosphingosine in it. Never tried Retin-A or Micro, tho, and I don't want to anymore with Skinceuticals working so well for me.
Vitamin C serum. Testing Skinceuticals Serum 15 AOX+, I don't get any visual effect, the rosy glow everybody seems to get from Vit C products. Also waiting for Ascorbic acid powder from GoW, I hope that DIY version works for me.
And since there is quite a cult following for Xtendlife moisturizers on this forum, I need to try out that! (As soon as I finish of every other moisturizer in my bathroom cabinet). I usually stay away from that kind of thing, reminds me of Xango and their Glimpse, but since so many here love Xtendlife, I will give in.
All in all, I get deeply disappointed in most skincare. Maybe it just me and my skin, but I dislike almost everything. Right now I'm testing Skinceuticals, their serums disappoint me, cleansers are harsh etc. Everybody seems to rave about their products, but I only like their Retinol cream. The only brand that delivers consistent results for me is Sisley, I used to be loyal Sisley user for almost 2 years, or so, during that time I had the greatest skin ever. No dark circles, no dry lines or skin flaking and that "Sisley-glow" that makes me look like I just had a facial. Even my pores seemed more refined, and they still are smaller . I only switched, because no Sisley product did completely get rid of my blackheads and little bumps under skin. Skinceuticals Retinol seems to help with that. If Xtendlife and Vitamin C serums don't work out for me, I'm going back to Sisley, plus Skinceuticals Retinol, plus high SPF/PPD sunscreen from Shiseido or Avene. Sunscreens is the only area where Sisley sucks, they only recently introduced new broad spectrum sunscreens, all the time they used to sell crappy, greasy SPF blockers with chemical filters.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Ashes

1) I would say the DIY C+E jojoba serum is my favorite for overall brightening.
http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...html#post64990

2) Next would be Retin-A Micro 0.04% that I get from here:
Buy Retin-A Micro Gel from Canada Drug Superstore
I only use it a couple times a week at night now. The other nights I use EMUlater oil from Skinactives.com or whatever oil I feel like using at the time.

3) Then facial exercise and massage. FlexEffect and Ageless if We Dare are the ones I use. You have to be committed to doing it and you will go thru stages when the skin takes a bit more time to catch up to the underlying muscle changes. If you don't do exercises, at least massage your skin well each day. It revvs up the circulation and feels good!

4) Baby Q LED device used with Feroxâ„¢ by Veld's mixed with a little Skinactives AntiOxidant Booster to protect against free-radicals generated by the LED. This is really a wonderful tool but is $349.00. If you shop around you can find deals sometimes, or sometimes EvilBay has them.
You use it for 45 minutes a couple times a week. It stimulates collagen at a cellular level. There are many LED devices out there, but this is the one I've been using since 2007. It works for me.
PhotoSkinCare The Age of Light Therapy

5) Various supplements and vitamins. I take VEGA protein shake every day which has most of what I need in it.
Vega ( Sequel ) Naturals, Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer, Vanilla Chai Flavor, 34.5 oz (979 g) - iHerb.com

Everyone is different tho and what works for me may not do anything for you. It's a very expensive learning curve!!!

Hope this gives you some ideas...my list is much longer that this, but these are the basics for me!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
By far Retin-A has worked the best for me along with TCA to get rid of my brown spots/freckles FAST. Those two things along with the Rapidlash for lashes has changed my face dramatically.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By far Retin-A has worked the best for me along with TCA to get rid of my brown spots/freckles FAST. Those two things along with the Rapidlash for lashes has changed my face dramatically.
Ok, so after extensive research...agghhh..I am going with refissa retin a, I am hearing so many mixed feelings about HQ..so is there a replacement I can use for HQ with the retin a? A few I am wondering about is maybe just donig a lactic acid peel, the using the retin a, or a combo of retin a and c, e, and kojic acid blend...

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Age spots no more: ferulic acid, vitamin C and a pinch of bathroom chemistry

After researching what ferulic was, now I am wondering if anyone has found a cheaper version ..i really dont want to make a serum yet, or what I could do is get a c, e serum and add the ferulic?
Yes get the C,E, and ferulic acid and you'll be on your way to making your own.
I suggest just make your own serum. It's really very easy and will save you a wad of$$$$

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...html#post62323

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts