Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that Shiseido cosmetics are tested on animals! These cruel tests involve forcing painful amounts of substances down the animals throats, into their eyes, and inhaled into their lungs. There's no way this kind of tourture is necessary for cosmetics! Please help by going to the following website to ask Shiseido to stop testing on animals:
action.petaasiapacific.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=110&ea.campaign.id= 4415&ea.param.extras=ea_source_code
apadvsatapro~ c=papsatapro

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I just found out that Shiseido cosmetics are tested on animals! These cruel tests involve forcing painful amounts of substances down the animals throats, into their eyes, and inhaled into their lungs. There's no way this kind of tourture is necessary for cosmetics! Please help by going to the following website to ask Shiseido to stop testing on animals:
action.petaasiapacific.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=110&ea.campaign.id= 4415&ea.param.extras=ea_source_code
apadvsatapro~ c=papsatapro
Shiseido is one of MANY who do testing on animals.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rather they do these painful tests on humans? Or just not test at all and let the customers be the test subjects???

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I like several of Shiseido's products, and this hasn't stopped my shopping habits yet.

If we got rid of all the products that do testing on animals, we would be left with a whole lota nada!!! So choose wisely-

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Peta?
They give to animal rights movement a bad reputation.
I'm not pro or contra animal testing. Maybe it would be more ethical to use cell cultures to test new substances, but that would be in vitro testing, wouldn't it? I think in vivo is a better testing method from the perspective of determining product effectiveness. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm just sick and tired of advertisements full of wonderful promises and then in small print: in vitro testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts