Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i haven't seen much posted on razor bumps and ingrown hair so i guess everyone on this site's got that down. The thing is I recently tried to change my hair removal method after years of getting it professionally done to DIY and whao here comes the giant bumps, irritation and what not. I did some research and most of what i found was on prevention (exfoliate, moisturize,use sharp blades etc), not on cure, well i needed a cure bad bad. Long story short, I decided to give tendskin a try after trying a bunch of other products and there u go, the magic cure, it worked!!!
So if you need something for those ugly bumps, try tendskin or if you know what works better, kindly post!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Tend skin is widely available. Beauty supply stores, salons, spas, etc carry it. It is also available online. I have been buying it for years, it truly does work! My husband and sons swear by it-

Tend Skin Liquid

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
You know ttee, we could make our own-
I remember seeing the recipe online, didn't look to difficult.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ttee and gymrat, you guys are amazing!
Do you have chemistry labs in your basements?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know ttee, we could make our own-
I remember seeing the recipe online, didn't look to difficult.
Whoo hoo DIY tendskin
, why not, that'll be great, do u have the link? Afterall my mum hasn't called the cops or shrink yet, I guess she's getting close though LOL!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
**Taken from makeuptalk.com**

What you need:

Uncoated aspirin
70% alcohol
Witch Hazel
A measuring cup/bottle
2 bottles used to shake mixtures
1 8oz or more bottle/container to keep finished product

What you do:

1. Pour 5.5oz of 70% alcohol into one bottle.
2. Drop 18 uncoated aspirins into the alcohol. Cap bottle and shake.
3. Pour 2.5oz of witch hazel into the second bottle.
4. Drop 8 uncoated aspirins into the witch hazel. Cap bottle and shake.
5. Wait awhile (30 minutes to a whole day) for the aspirins to dissolve in the liquids. Shake periodically to help dissolve aspirin and mix. NOTE: not all of the aspirin will dissolve. Thatâ€2122s ok- some of it never will.
6. Now combine both the alcohol and witch hazel mixtures together into one bottle. Make sure you shake it up before you pour them out so you also get the aspirin residue into the new bottle.

This last bottle is your Tendskin! Use 1-2 a day. Reduce usage if you experience dryness or flaking or irritation. DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN. Make sure you shake it well before each use.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttee and gymrat, you guys are amazing!
Do you have chemistry labs in your basements?
U're too funny! No, the chemistry lab is actually in my bathroom what with the million and one products i have in there, it's a sickening sight

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Whoo hoo DIY tendskin
, why not, that'll be great, do u have the link? Afterall my mum hasn't called the cops or shrink yet, I guess she's getting close though LOL!
Lol, good thing your mum isn't at my house, she forsure would be calling!!

Let me know if you do try this. I never have, but it looks like it would work. If it works for you, I will start saving those blue bottles and refilling them with DIY stuff. My family would NEVER use something on their faces I made up in the *******-

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
**Taken from makeuptalk.com**

What you need:

Uncoated aspirin
70% alcohol
Witch Hazel
A measuring cup/bottle
2 bottles used to shake mixtures
1 8oz or more bottle/container to keep finished product

What you do:

1. Pour 5.5oz of 70% alcohol into one bottle.
2. Drop 18 uncoated aspirins into the alcohol. Cap bottle and shake.
3. Pour 2.5oz of witch hazel into the second bottle.
4. Drop 8 uncoated aspirins into the witch hazel. Cap bottle and shake.
5. Wait awhile (30 minutes to a whole day) for the aspirins to dissolve in the liquids. Shake periodically to help dissolve aspirin and mix. NOTE: not all of the aspirin will dissolve. Thatâ€2122s ok- some of it never will.
6. Now combine both the alcohol and witch hazel mixtures together into one bottle. Make sure you shake it up before you pour them out so you also get the aspirin residue into the new bottle.

This last bottle is your Tendskin! Use 1-2 a day. Reduce usage if you experience dryness or flaking or irritation. DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN. Make sure you shake it well before each use.
Thanks, G., will go to work on this one this weekend, i swear its never ending with this products but this is simple enough, will give it a shot and def keep u posted

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, good thing your mum isn't at my house, she forsure would be calling!!

Let me know if you do try this. I never have, but it looks like it would work. If it works for you, I will start saving those blue bottles and refilling them with DIY stuff. My family would NEVER use something on their faces I made up in the *******-
lol, I don't blame them, the poor guys don't wanna be ur guinea pigs! Make sure u're not caught in the act though

·
Registered
10 Posts
gymrat, you are very sneaky! i love it! hehehe

great info. i have been having issues with bumps from shaving 'down there' and wondered what product would be good. i saw tend skin at sephora but it is pricey and i wasnt sure it would work. i may have to try the DIY recipe though. i can't imagine that costing more than $10 to make. i must have some empty bottles stashes away somewhere...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gymrat, you are very sneaky! i love it! hehehe

great info. i have been having issues with bumps from shaving 'down there' and wondered what product would be good. i saw tend skin at sephora but it is pricey and i wasnt sure it would work. i may have to try the DIY recipe though. i can't imagine that costing more than $10 to make. i must have some empty bottles stashes away somewhere...
Let us know if the DIY works for you, I decided to use out my bottle of tendskin before going into DIYing business

·
Registered
958 Posts
This is like an old fashion shaving lotion, stinging with lots of alcohol. I wonder if a non-alcohol version would work just as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts