Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG---I did a two layer tca on my arms, and a three layer on my hands. My hands are a mess, look like that girl we all had in our class who when winter came she had these dry cracked and bleeding hands. This is because every layer is giving way to another layer of depth. Nothing alarming, just ugly.

NOW the arms. I thought I screwed up, and I think to some degree I did. (I am a peeler btw) but last night in sheets my right arm started to peel off. Underneath was the pinkest, smoothest skin I have seen on my body since I can remember. There are red areas, this is good actually as this is similar to the controlled damage of laser or deep peeling. No areas are scarred, just need calming. The skin is SOOO smmoth, pigment is even. Deep crepe-paper skin seems to be a bit residual on the upper forearm but I am not sure if it too will fade, hardly anything near what it was and as it just peeled last night I think I have some "phases to go through"

To explain, as I think my peels were pretty deep, what I go through...the skin was 90% frosted, though I panicked in areas and took some prematurely off. Then after two to three days of retin-a and Xtendlife use the brown crinkled skin turned deep brown. Peeling began and the skin was "wet" and weeping for lack of a better way to say it. I applied neosporin then as it absorbed a bit of hydrocortisone to very red areas. I woke today with much nicer, smoother skin n the right arm. The left just started to peel.

I have taken photos this am but am not sure how good they are, they do not seem to capture more than bad lighting. (glare). My right arm, the peeled arm, looks like the arm of a 20-25 year old, I AM SHOCKED. Good thing I oredered Jessner and TCA 2oz each yesterday.

Ok one note, I do notice immediately after the peel comes off (skin comes off) the skin looks a bit less improved. The skin seems to have adhered to a pattern and the moisture and newness of the skin and keeping it hydrated seems to allow it to smooth out and remodel.

I am MOST impressed.

If anyone can help me with how to do photos before I peel on the left I will try. I can also use my decolletage, as of yet undone, to reference the before (though arms were worse).

Lexi

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
That is great Lexi. I am very anxious to start on my ugly sun damaged arms with the 30% BUT I must get my @#$% ******* back! I don't want to have to wash dishes with my hands all red and angry. I prefer the dishwasher! Thanks for sharing your experience. I look forward to hearing more as you heal. For photos look at the bottom right of the box you type in hit the go advanced button you can upload photos from there. BTW I had those 2 spots on my face stay pink for over a month so you may do the same BUT those brown spots are GONE oh the joy!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Wow.... that's great. I wish I could get my arms and hands to FROST!! I'm using RA on them now, so maybe next peel they will.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Pictures- Just upload them and when you post, scroll down to "manage attachments" and upload the pics. Close the box when it shows they've uploaded. They'll appear in your post!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Girls and Guys--Photo 1 is DURING peel left arm. It is peeled but not 100% just starting. The right arm photos are 85% peeled and you will see a lack of discolouration, smoother skin, less crepe-paper skin and younger looking skin. Last photo is my awful decolletage, believe it or not this was lighter than my arms pre-peel! That is some perspective, and BTW, my arms had more sun/age spots too!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lexi...what strength of peel did you use and where did you buy it from. In areas where I frosted my skin did turn dark brown and rolled off like little sheets of paper, the skin underneath was like a new baby's! Your pictures are terrific...did you use a camera or a cell phone?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Used a digital cam 12mefapixel but adjusted it to less (I am bad with these technologies relied on my ex for all this). The lighting is 100% the same, believe it or not my decolletage was MUCH better than my arms. I just used up the rest of my 24% on body/decolletage no frosting, but am now waiting for my Jessner and 30% TCA 2oz. I will only be using the 30% now with jessner underneath and pre-treatment for a few days with 50-65% glycolic. Frosting is the key. I am amazed at my arms, just amazed! I never thought they could be so white and normal looking again. I cannot wait to do body and legs now. I will have to likely do another peel on arms for final "tightening" but as is they are really good. I am so pleased.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lexi...what strength of peel did you use and where did you buy it from. In areas where I frosted my skin did turn dark brown and rolled off like little sheets of paper, the skin underneath was like a new baby's! Your pictures are terrific...did you use a camera or a cell phone?
BTW arms were two layered 30%!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yep looking better Lexi. We so have VERY similar sun damage. Very much so. Yours is a bit worse than mine. Especially your decolletage area. Mine has more of a reddish tint in a smaller area. I am thinking the red spots on your arms are where the brown spots USE to be. Those are deep and it may take a month or longer for the pink to go away, but you will have normal looking skin before you know it. I can't wait to do my arms but I am going to do a little at a time. Start at the hands and work up only inches at a time. I can't take too much pain, I don't have any pain meds!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep looking better Lexi. We so have VERY similar sun damage. Very much so. Yours is a bit worse than mine. Especially your decolletage area. Mine has more of a reddish tint in a smaller area. I am thinking the red spots on your arms are where the brown spots USE to be. Those are deep and it may take a month or longer for the pink to go away, but you will have normal looking skin before you know it. I can't wait to do my arms but I am going to do a little at a time. Start at the hands and work up only inches at a time. I can't take too much pain, I don't have any pain meds!!
Now you see what I mean when I say "permatan". My discolouration is both spots and permatan which is a general pigment problem. I am naturally very light chinese looking skin though I do brown when I am in the sun. In later years I have been covering all this by browning more. I now see there is a way back.

I cannot wait to get my next shipment of Jessner and 30% TCA I am going to do the decolletage and the body and the legs next. You are right, the red is where the worst colour were, now there are NO freckles to be seen and the skin is noticeably tighter. I am so thrilled I listened to others and took the risk to learn this on my own. I am the type that gladly would have done it to someone else but was petrified of acid scars on myself. I am learning quick though. Only one area I have gone very deep in and it is purple pink and I have ointment on it and am sure it will recover.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I wish I could get some peel like that on my arms. I want more smoothness. I have a few more freckles I could get rid of. As for my chest, I think I could get by with using Retin A. I'm getting some pimples there and it's gross!!! I still have a d*mn rash on my neck and I don't know why!!! I might have used some TCA Latee or something there a few weeks ago, but man, it won't go away! I don't think it likes RA or TCA in any way shape of form.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PS the first picture shows the skin just starting to peel, it is intact in most areas so you can see the freckling that came off.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I wish I could get some peel like that on my arms. I want more smoothness. I have a few more freckles I could get rid of. As for my chest, I think I could get by with using Retin A. I'm getting some pimples there and it's gross!!! I still have a d*mn rash on my neck and I don't know why!!! I might have used some TCA Latee or something there a few weeks ago, but man, it won't go away! I don't think it likes RA or TCA in any way shape of form.
Have you tried hydrocortisone just to calm it?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
BTW, your arms looked similar to mine before my 2 arm peels. I had lots of freckles and "bumps" from that dang pilaris junk. They look really good now!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OH and btw---the crepe-paper skin that was left, almost all gone! My hands are a pain though, they seem to never stop peeling, everytime a layer is done a new layer starts to come off it seems.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Have you tried hydrocortisone just to calm it?
Yes, every DAY. It's drying up some. I'm wondering also if the laundry detergent isn't a culprit. It's some stuff with a strong scent added. Fortunately we're out, so next batch will be something different and w/o scent! I usually am not prone to contact dermatitis. I sprayed my Jessica McClintock the other day at my face/chest area when DH came home and WOWWWWWWWWW did it burn! Didn't do that again!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, my arms look HORRIBLE. If I can get a decent before pic I will. SO glad it is working for you Lexi. Just be sure to let it heal for about a month from this peel then zap it again. But just give it some TLC for now.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
OH and btw---the crepe-paper skin that was left, almost all gone! My hands are a pain though, they seem to never stop peeling, everytime a layer is done a new layer starts to come off it seems.
My hands seemed to peel and re-peel also. But they look great now!!!! Didn't look *too* bad before, but they look so much better now!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, every DAY. It's drying up some. I'm wondering also if the laundry detergent isn't a culprit. It's some stuff with a strong scent added. Fortunately we're out, so next batch will be something different and w/o scent! I usually am not prone to contact dermatitis. I sprayed my Jessica McClintock the other day at my face/chest area when DH came home and WOWWWWWWWWW did it burn! Didn't do that again!
I had something similar next to my eye for weeks and it turned out to be the detergent as I sleep on that side. It was so painful like pustules almost. Itchy as heck and ugly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lexi...my hands peeled for 3 weeks but it took a month after the peel for them to start. I have a permatan also on my arms (it's called "farmers tan" around here.) I used to spend way to much time in the sun without reapplying my sunscreen. Did you buy you Jessners and TCA? sandia1 what the heck is your Jessica Mclintock, is it a lotion, potion, body part

1 - 20 of 25 Posts