Skin Care Talk banner

241 - 260 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, has anyone tried to lighten with this caro light intensive cream tube? I wanted to use it on my knuckles since they are are really stubborn 😣 I tried lightening them with an LA lotion but that only made them worse 😞 And now I thought I could maybe use this product to solve my problem areas...the only thing is that I’ve heard that the tube contains steroids but it’s no where stated (as you can see on the picture with the ingredients) so..now i’m confused 🤔 kindly share your reviews/experiences please or maybe you have an alternative for me ☺
I just noticed the bad quality of the pictures but it won’t let me post them without automatically resizing them idk what to do 😕

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Hey guys, has anyone tried to lighten with this caro light intensive cream tube? I wanted to use it on my knuckles since they are are really stubborn 😣 I tried lightening them with an LA lotion but that only made them worse 😞 And now I thought I could maybe use this product to solve my problem areas...the only thing is that I’ve heard that the tube contains steroids but it’s no where stated (as you can see on the picture with the ingredients) so..now i’m confused 🤔 kindly share your reviews/experiences please or maybe you have an alternative for me ☺
I don't know if it contain steroid really, not listing the actual content of a product is why we call them dodgy product. Many list of recalled product has been posted before and they always make us wonder.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It is indeed great for fading dark spots I used in on my back. but my knuckles kinda got darker I wouldn’t risk it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know if it contain steroid really, not listing the actual content of a product is why we call them dodgy product. Many list of recalled product has been posted before and they always make us wonder.
yeah I know what you mean but Caro light by Angle cosmetics actually is reliable, they do list the correct ingredients and I have already came across a tube cream by them with “ Clobetasol Propionate” on the ingredients list but as for this product i posted a picture of, it says hq 2%. maybe they have two versions idk yet, I’ll do some further research. thank you for your reply 🤝

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is indeed great for fading dark spots I used in on my back. but my knuckles kinda got darker I wouldn’t risk it.
Aww thanks for replying! really helpful!! That’s very unfortunate that it didn’t work on your knuckles tho 😞 care to share what helped to clear them? Mine have been naturally dark all my life and me trying to clear them with a LA peel only made them worse 😞 and now idk what to do, it’s so frustrating

·
Registered
289 Posts
Aww thanks for replying! really helpful!! That’s very unfortunate that it didn’t work on your knuckles tho 😞 care to share what helped to clear them? Mine have been naturally dark all my life and me trying to clear them with a LA peel only made them worse 😞 and now idk what to do, it’s so frustrating
I'm currently using a diy knuckle cream that is going very well almost magical also with la lotion, recovering from lactic peel that made them burnt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone tried tretinoin in tubs? Is it as effective as those in tubes
View attachment 65739

View attachment 65741

Regarding this, I recently came across an article stating:
“ Why You Should Never Put Retinol In A Jar” The reason being that: Retinol (weaker than actual Tretinoin) is very unstable. Every time it's exposed to light and air, it oxidises a little (i.e., it loses a bit of its effectiveness) until it stops working completely.
Cause apparently it is the most effective in tubes or dark bottles that come with a pump but "any type of packaging that exposes retinol to light and air is a NO-GO”

Quoted from:
https://www.beautifulwithbrains.com/why-you-shouldnt-buy-retinol-products-packaged-in-jars/

👆Please click on the link to read for further information.

idk but it kinda makes sense to me for example The Ordinary offers a wide range of Retinol products (which as already mentioned is a much weaker form of Ra, an derivative to be exact, and more natural )and they always come in dark bottles with a pump dispenser.

So idk how stable the synthetic form which is RA would then be, which is why I did some further research and found out the following:

”Retin A and Retinols – Prescription Retin A typically comes with an expiration date, which should be recognized for best results. Retinols lose some of their potency after 6-9 months, and those contained in an airless pump can be good for 1 year or more.” ( https://www.shahfacialplastics.com/blog/beauty-products-go-bad )

It’s not that I want to discourage you from using it, but rather inform the possible downsides. Maybe you could share your experience with its effectiveness, if you do decide to use it

·
Registered
289 Posts
@pengcaramelglo please share what exact ingredients you’re using for your knuckles as well as the percentage of your la lotion? what’s your exact regime? help a sister out 😭
Using a knuckle cream its apparently herbal bought from a vendor in uk impressive so far, la lotion fair and white, layered piment doux serum love it. Literally peeled knuckles like in sheets. O also occlusion with a glove

Will post the improvement results

·
Registered
184 Posts
yeah I know what you mean but Caro light by Angle cosmetics actually is reliable, they do list the correct ingredients and I have already came across a tube cream by them with “ Clobetasol Propionate” on the ingredients list but as for this product i posted a picture of, it says hq 2%. maybe they have two versions idk yet, I’ll do some further research. thank you for your reply 🤝
You are right I used the Carolight mix back in the days when it was the rave, it was general knowledge that they had one tube with steroids and another with a lot of hq, we used to mix the tub, with 2 of the hq tube cream and some of the oil. It worked well but gives an orange hue to some and can be staining on the palms. This was the cream I used before moving onto Qei which was emerging as the rave product back then...

·
Registered
38 Posts
@tonedpretty omg yes exactly! that is how i remember a lot of people using it, thanks for clarifying it again! Also i really am getting this orange hue that i am not a fan of, but i was told that it is not permanent and to continue the use of it because it will turn to a yellow complexion which is what i am actually looking for 😩 do you know how to achieve that look?

or maybe someone else on here?

I am aware that u cannot change ur undertone but maybe there is a way for my lotion to not further enhance this orange tone Caro light is giving me ��

·
Registered
38 Posts
@pengcaramelglo please share what exact ingredients you’re using for your knuckles as well as the percentage of your la lotion? what’s your exact regime? help a sister out 😭
Using a knuckle cream its apparently herbal bought from a vendor in uk impressive so far, la lotion fair and white, layered piment doux serum love it. Literally peeled knuckles like in sheets. O also occlusion with a glove

yes please do share the results with us! and also maybe the name of the knuckle cream & the vendor 🙏

·
Registered
289 Posts

yes please do share the results with us! and also maybe the name of the knuckle cream & the vendor 🙏
Will do mary

·
Registered
184 Posts
@tonedpretty omg yes exactly! that is how i remember a lot of people using it, thanks for clarifying it again! Also i really am getting this orange hue that i am not a fan of, but i was told that it is not permanent and to continue the use of it because it will turn to a yellow complexion which is what i am actually looking for 😩 do you know how to achieve that look?

or maybe someone else on here?

I am aware that u cannot change ur undertone but maybe there is a way for my lotion to not further enhance this orange tone Caro light is giving me ��
If you can get a KA based serum or gel it will help balance out the orange hue. I think I used mine with vitamin c pills back then.

But I do remember that some people just used it till they got passed that faze.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
My sister please, in the name of anything you believe in, don’t use this product. It is a dump of steroids waiting to destroy your skin. There are no 2 types, regardless of what’s written on the package. It’s the same ingredients. STEROID STEROID STEROID. Unless that’s what you’re looking for. I used it and it destroyed my face and knuckles. I was lucky I didn’t use it on my body. My worst regret ever. It works very fast but later your skin/knuckles will look darker and worse than before. After you stop, nothing will lighten you for at least 2 years.

241 - 260 of 421 Posts