Skin Care Talk banner

321 - 340 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
last week I dreamed I had stretch marks from my buttock all the way down to my ankle on both leg I woke up with horror checking my legs then stopped using cream deep moisturising lotion is the only thing I can think of now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This really cracked me up.
last week I dreamed I had stretch marks from my buttock all the way down to my ankle on both leg I woke up with horror checking my legs then stopped using cream deep moisturising lotion is the only thing I can think of now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have 5 tubes of IKB gel that I bought from Amazon. Do you guys think I should mix one of them with my DIY Kojic acid lotion? Or use them on their own, or not use them at all?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I dissolved my kojic acid in witch hazel and mixed it in cetaphil. I’m seeing no results even though I’ve been exfoliating with kojie san soap. I’ve been doing this for over a month now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats scary and funny lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
thank you for responding, do you have a seller over there so as to get the good one, I also noticed you live in the states, is there a reason you don't buy here?
I live in Germany. My sister got it for me from Nigeria. I personally don’t know any sellers that I can recommend

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi please can anyone suggest how to fix dark legs.

For some reason my hands and feet are light but behind my legs are so dark and hard to lighten.

Used everything from LA lotion to LA peels. I don’t know what to do
My back butt and back of legs don’t lighten at all at this rate

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is this routine good enough?

Morning:
Wash with Koji San (Body except face & hands)
Apply IKB gel mixed with lotion (arms & inner thighs, butt, knees)

Night:
Tretinoin (face & hands)
Prescribed HQ (face & hands)
Carowhite (arms & inner thighs, butt, knees)

I know this too detailed but hoping to hear feedback. My main concern is would this be too much for inner thighs and arms?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi please can anyone suggest how to fix dark legs.

For some reason my hands and feet are light but behind my legs are so dark and hard to lighten.

Used everything from LA lotion to LA peels. I don’t know what to do
My back butt and back of legs don’t lighten at all at this rate
I have the same problem,back thighs butt and legs,
I started occluding recently and somehow it’s lightening,You might want to rub your lightener more on such areas ,like carry it to work ,when you go to the washroom moisturize your butt.Im currently trying out this hopefully it works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So guys am tired I keep getting stretch marks new ones. I've tried using lactic acid but it's not fading still color brown or reddish. I just want it white I know it won't go away. Can anyone suggest what I can use it make them fade to whitish rather than reddish? @gymrat hello friend.
Hello my friend @brown991 how are you??

As for your stretchies......in time they will fade and turn skin tone color, if they are brown/reddish they are fresh/newer, but give them time and they will eventually get lighter all on their own. What are you using that's causing them? That is the bigger question......check your products and ingredients thoroughly something is causing them.
hey @gymrat, I‘ve got the same problem and was told that retin a is a good remedy for those red to brown strechmarks...since they are in the early stages, would you agree on that? Also how long does it take for them to fade on their own? Mine are almost 8-9 months old and due to weight gain and still not lighter in color 😞

they were red at first, then I did some peels on them and they turned brown.. I really don’t mind having them but it’s the brownish color that sucks and looks as if i have been attacked 😞

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
hey @gymrat , I‘ve got the same problem and was told that retin a is a good remedy for those red to brown strechmarks...since they are in the early stages, would you agree on that? Also how long does it take for them to fade on their own? Mine are almost 8-9 months old and due to weight gain and still not lighter in color 😞

they were red at first, then I did some peels on them and they turned brown.. I really don’t mind having them but it’s the brownish color that sucks and looks as if i have been attacked 😞
Retin A will not fade or help your stretch marks. They will naturally fade on their own, it just takes time. They start red/purplish in the beginning stages and fade to a brownish, before turning to flesh color. Using RA is a waste, of good product. You always want to keep your stretchmarks moisturized, coco butter, shea butter, oils, etc. The more moisturized the better!

·
Registered
38 Posts
thank you for your sentiment and advice @gymrat!
The reason I started using Retin A for my stretch marks is because after doing some research, several reliable sources stated that treating them with Tretinoin in the early stages can help in the appearance ...sites like paula‘s choice or the american academy for dermatology said the following,

”Tretinoin is a retinoid, which may also make early stretch marks less noticeable. In one study, people who applied this prescription cream every night for 24 weeks had less noticeable stretch marks. Those who didn’t apply the cream saw their early stretch marks grow. Other studies have found similar results.
Retinol, another type of retinoid, may also help fade early stretch marks. ”

I was even considering chemical peels to help them heal quicker. I really don’t mind having stretch marks ..i have old silvery/white ones on my bum but they were light from the beginning and I think they are cute it’s just the brownish color of my new ones that I find hideous. It’s quite frustrating and it’s also hard to accept that you just have to live with it for an uncertain time period 😭

·
Registered
511 Posts
@marylicious I'll be waiting for your review on the retina a on your stretch mark. I've had old ones and new ones which are same color. Makes me depressed and low self esteem. I just hate that it's reddish. If it can be my skin color Ill be glad. Thanks @gymrat

321 - 340 of 452 Posts