Skin Care Talk banner

341 - 360 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wtf yall! Fair and white AHA lotion contains mercury 😂😭😭🏾
The lotion that’s supposedly only lactic acid and should exfoliate our bodys contains mercury!
I used this lotion for years it was a staple for me. I suffered from acne on my face and from anxiety and panic attacks with sweats know I have my answer to why.

The link shows the proof also the “nasty products” aren’t so nasty after all for example white express only contains 0.9% hq and Caro light is pure hq only 4%.

I have no probs with hq but mercury is satan himself worse than any roid.

If you want to use only kojic acid cream carobright is 2.8% kojic and they seriously put it on the ban list 🙄 lol

I really don’t know what we are supposed to do with products that have mfing mercury in them!! And us unknowingly using them. I really want my light skin but want to be happy and healthy too uff.
What tipps do yall have to combat the use of nasties in our products? Working out, juicing or diet changes??

Lets talk everybody! @gymrat @lightenme @Waterboy @moon maiden @Everybody

link to the banned products:
https://cosmeticobs.com/en/articles/recalls-of-products-rapex-27/recall-of-products-january-10-2020-5106

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Time to throw F/W aha lotion out and buy some Amlactin are you guys sure amlactin is safe?
It will be 50€ including shipping but I gotta do what I gotta do. To stop my body from
getting poisoned.
I have depression, social anxiety and problems concentrating... acne.... even hyperthyroidism which I suffer from know I hate these african cream companies.
😭😭 They should be obligated to list their ingredients.
Know I will start fasting and juicing and I will buy some supplements like glutathione and msm.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
@gymrat @Titi please any recommendations for these areas

Upper back, bum and back of legs
In the shower, soap yourself once and rinse your skin off, then check these areas by touching them. if the skin seems a little oily, it will be necessary to exfoliate at least 1 time every 2 days.

·
Administrator
33,656 Posts
The lotion that’s supposedly only lactic acid and should exfoliate our bodys contains mercury!
I used this lotion for years it was a staple for me. I suffered from acne on my face and from anxiety and panic attacks with sweats know I have my answer to why.

The link shows the proof also the “nasty products” aren’t so nasty after all for example white express only contains 0.9% hq and Caro light is pure hq only 4%.

If you want to use only kojic acid cream carobright is 2.8% kojic and they seriously put it on the ban list 🙄 lol

I really don’t know what we are supposed to do with products that have mfing mercury in them!! And us unknowingly using them. I really want my light skin but want to be happy and healthy too uff.
What tipps do yall have to combat the use of nasties in our products? Working out, juicing or diet changes??

Lets talk everybody! @gymrat @lightenme @Water boy @moon maiden @Ever ybody

https://cosmeticobs.com/en/articles/recalls-of-products-rapex-27/recall-of-products-january-10-2020-5106
Whoa, slow down tiger, your throwing too many things out at once.......take a deep breath!! :eek:

.........your source is a European source, be careful the source you are getting your info from, and don't get worked up until you've done your own research. Products sold in the states are regulated by the FDA. A European source such as this one doesn't mean much to me, to be honest.

If you read your product labels you will clearly know whats in them, if they don't have labels, and/or you don't purchase from a reliable source, then..........that's your choice and on you for taking that risk.

Am I sure Amlactin is safe??? Come on,.... OF COURSE I'm sure Amlactin is safe :stickpoke: READ YOUR LABELS!!

·
Administrator
33,656 Posts
thank you for your sentiment and advice @gymrat !
The reason I started using Retin A for my stretch marks is because after doing some research, several reliable sources stated that treating them with Tretinoin in the early stages can help in the appearance ...sites like paula‘s choice or the american academy for dermatology said the following,

”Tretinoin is a retinoid, which may also make early stretch marks less noticeable. In one study, people who applied this prescription cream every night for 24 weeks had less noticeable stretch marks. Those who didn’t apply the cream saw their early stretch marks grow. Other studies have found similar results.
Retinol, another type of retinoid, may also help fade early stretch marks. ”

I was even considering chemical peels to help them heal quicker. I really don’t mind having stretch marks ..i have old silvery/white ones on my bum but they were light from the beginning and I think they are cute it’s just the brownish color of my new ones that I find hideous. It’s quite frustrating and it’s also hard to accept that you just have to live with it for an uncertain time period 😭
Did you read this part........had less noticeable stretch marks. There is really nothing you can do to help fade stretch marks, you can exfoliate and moisturize them as much as you want, but unfortunately nothing will remove them. Like I've said numerous times........they will eventually fade in due time until then........be patient and moisturize them as often as you have the time too!!

Lots of people have stretch marks........its a part of life!! Accept it and embrace them, don't waste RA on them lol.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
@gymrat what do you think about Dermarolling stretchmarks? I've heard some good things about it, though I know it takes some time to see results. I would think laser treatments would produce overall better results.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@Titi Thank you darling. I'll try that. I'm guessing you mean physical exfoliation?

Oh and nothing works for stretchmarks. Only time. I had these little marks on the bend of my arm and I tried everything.

RA, micro dermarollers, even high frequency devices. Nothings worked

But the marks I had on my hips a while ago from some dodgy bismid cream I used are already fading out

·
Registered
38 Posts
here is the link to a study of the effectiveness of tretinoin as stretch marks remedy:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/article-abstract/557725
@acnefree , I find it very strange that carotone bsc cream is listed there. I have been using it for over 3 years now on a regular basis and I have never had any issues with it, in the contrary it deals with black spots very nicely. It definitely does contain hq, but mercury? I really doubt that. I’ve taken several blood tests for other reasons and there was never anything alarming found in my system (thank god) .. and I don’t think that would have been the case if there really is mercury in it. I have yet to experience mercury poisoning . god forbid!

Or maybe the amount is really low. Because you have to keep in mind that mercury is even found in our food e.g fish .

either way i’m questioning the reliability here....

·
Registered
38 Posts
@gymrat , yes I am aware of that part. you must have misunderstood me, because making them less noticeable is what I attempt to achieve. I do know that you can never get rid of them completely. Thank your for your input though I’ll take your advice and be more patient 🙂

·
Registered
38 Posts
@gymrat what do you think about Dermarolling stretchmarks? I've heard some good things about it, though I know it takes some time to see results. I would think laser treatments would produce overall better results.
I heard that in some cases it can break them open and make the stretch marks even wider and more noticeable 😕

·
Registered
38 Posts
@marylicious I'll be waiting for your review on the retina a on your stretch mark. I've had old ones and new ones which are same color. Makes me depressed and low self esteem. I just hate that it's reddish. If it can be my skin color Ill be glad. Thanks @gymrat
I don’t think I’ll continue using retin a on my stretch marks, we’ll have to be patient and moisturize. I’ll let you know if something groundbreaking happens to them in the near future, and vice versa plssss .. having a sense of hope is always good 😄

·
Registered
38 Posts
@Titi Thank you darling. I'll try that. I'm guessing you mean physical exfoliation?

Oh and nothing works for stretchmarks. Only time. I had these little marks on the bend of my arm and I tried everything.

RA, micro dermarollers, even high frequency devices. Nothings worked

But the marks I had on my hips a while ago from some dodgy bismid cream I used are already fading out
hey girl, thanks for your input. how long did it take for them to start fading out?

·
Registered
294 Posts

@PinotNoir I've been dermarolling inconsistently for about 3 months and I've seen great improvement on stretch marks on my arms. The colour has changed from red to almost the colour of my skin. It's barely noticeable. I've had them for 2years. That's the only thing that has made a difference on my stretch marks so far. I feel like the day after I roll I see immediate colour and depth changes.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Lets talk everybody! @gymrat @lightenme @Waterboy @moon maiden @Everybody

1mg/kg lol thats 0.0001% not sure if it gives side effects.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone heard about flawless icon and or sued their products? Is it any good? I saw it advertised on IG and was wondering if they are legit and it works?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here to compare mercury levels in fish. The F/W lotion is really really high in mercury!!!
Really ?1mg per kg ?cant be that high
Divide it by 2 since the lotion is 500 ml. This is about 100 times the mercury level that out body could take and detox through the liver. If you apply that everyday for years. You will have problems like I do. The shooking thing is f/w paris is a “good company” but I did some research they only registered the company in france europe. The laws in europe/germany/france says the product doesn’t have to be made in the eu to put the made in france stamp on.
All F/W products are most likely made in the ivory coast.

341 - 360 of 454 Posts