Skin Care Talk banner

361 - 380 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wtf yall! Fair and white AHA lotion contains mercury 😂😭😭🏾
The lotion that’s supposedly only lactic acid and should exfoliate our bodys contains mercury!
I used this lotion for years it was a staple for me. I suffered from acne on my face and from anxiety and panic attacks with sweats know I have my answer to why.

The link shows the proof also the “nasty products” aren’t so nasty after all for example white express only contains 0.9% hq and Caro light is pure hq only 4%.

I have no probs with hq but mercury is satan himself worse than any roid.

If you want to use only kojic acid cream carobright is 2.8% kojic and they seriously put it on the ban list 🙄 lol

I really don’t know what we are supposed to do with products that have mfing mercury in them!! And us unknowingly using them. I really want my light skin but want to be happy and healthy too uff.
What tipps do yall have to combat the use of nasties in our products? Working out, juicing or diet changes??

Lets talk everybody! @gymrat @lightenme @Waterboy @moon maiden @Everybody

link to the banned products:
https://cosmeticobs.com/en/articles/recalls-of-products-rapex-27/recall-of-products-january-10-2020-5106
1mg/kg lol thats 0.0001% not sure if it gives side effects.
You have to divide it by 2 since the lotion is 500 ml. That’s alot

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
@Titi Thank you darling. I'll try that. I'm guessing you mean physical exfoliation?

Oh and nothing works for stretchmarks. Only time. I had these little marks on the bend of my arm and I tried everything.

RA, micro dermarollers, even high frequency devices. Nothings worked

But the marks I had on my hips a while ago from some dodgy bismid cream I used are already fading out
Yes, you have to literally abrade the skin (i.e exfoliant based on salt and sugar). It also helps for stretch marks. There are natural oils or anti stretch marks vials that are quite effective. You have to look for them on the side of African stores.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
@PinotNoir I've been dermarolling inconsistently for about 3 months and I've seen great improvement on stretch marks on my arms. The colour has changed from red to almost the colour of my skin. It's barely noticeable. I've had them for 2years. That's the only thing that has made a difference on my stretch marks so far. I feel like the day after I roll I see immediate colour and depth changes.

What length is your dermaroller? I have the .25mm that I use on my face every so often. I am PIH prone as well - is that something I need to worry about?
@gymrat Hi! do you do dermarolling?

·
Registered
294 Posts
What length is your dermaroller? I have the .25mm that I use on my face every so often. I am PIH prone as well - is that something I need to worry about?
@gymrat Hi! do you do dermarolling?
I'm using a 2mm dermaroller titanium 1200 needles. You shouldn't worry about PIH since there's no scarring. I use raw shea butter, hyaluronic acid serum, vitamin c serum, retinol serum and natural oils all over my body so I guess that has been helping too a lot.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Guys I’m sad to share that F&W so white tube cream contains mercury. I’m referring to the pink tube cream with HQ. I’ve been using it since February on my face. I noticed some weakness initially but I didn’t give it any thought. I was also using the lotion on my body.
With time I noticed my eye muscles were weak. My vision started becoming blurry and sometimes I’d feel like I wanted to pass out. At a point I was scared if i had corona or something. I never suspected F&W.

I eventually stopped using F&W and bought Extreme glow serum to keep lightening. My symptoms went away but I was getting darker with Extreme glow. My skin probably needed a break. I stopped using Extreme glow and went back to F&W.

This time I used only the F&W tube cream on my face. I did not use the lotion. The symptoms came back. That was when I discovered that So White tube was the devil. It reminded me of what Carowhite did to me. I knew it was mercury.

I went to my doctor to test myself. He said they found some toxicity in my blood and asked if I was exposed to harsh chemical or taking any medication. He didn’t say it was Mercury, because they would need a special test to detect mercury. I immediately knew it was the cream.

To cut the long story short, I sent in a sample of the F&W tube and they called to tell me it contained steroid. They said if I wanted extensive test on the type, quantity and other information, I would have to pay for it and it was expensive. I declined.

They didn’t specifically say it was Mercury but I believe it was. I mean, my symptoms proved that. Anyway, in the trash it goes!!!

Y’all be careful out there, including those in denial. Your health comes first. If you die, you won’t have skin to lighten.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
One another note, Dermaroller does not work for everyone when it comes to stretch marks. In fact it breaks the stretch marks open and makes it more visible.
That was what happened to me. I bought the complete set with different sizes of needles. My stretch marks were rarely visible. I used dermaroller and they became worse. It broke my stretch marks open. Now they look worse than before.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am so glad you are ok, it is sickening how these companies just lie to us about the ingredients in these products, what are you using now?
Guys I’m sad to share that F&W so white tube cream contains mercury. I’m referring to the pink tube cream with HQ. I’ve been using it since February on my face. I noticed some weakness initially but I didn’t give it any thought. I was also using the lotion on my body.
With time I noticed my eye muscles were weak. My vision started becoming blurry and sometimes I’d feel like I wanted to pass out. At a point I was scared if i had corona or something. I never suspected F&W.

I eventually stopped using F&W and bought Extreme glow serum to keep lightening. My symptoms went away but I was getting darker with Extreme glow. My skin probably needed a break. I stopped using Extreme glow and went back to F&W.

This time I used only the F&W tube cream on my face. I did not use the lotion. The symptoms came back. That was when I discovered that So White tube was the devil. It reminded me of what Carowhite did to me. I knew it was mercury.

I went to my doctor to test myself. He said they found some toxicity in my blood and asked if I was exposed to harsh chemical or taking any medication. He didn’t say it was Mercury, because they would need a special test to detect mercury. I immediately knew it was the cream.

To cut the long story short, I sent in a sample of the F&W tube and they called to tell me it contained steroid. They said if I wanted extensive test on the type, quantity and other information, I would have to pay for it and it was expensive. I declined.

They didn’t specifically say it was Mercury but I believe it was. I mean, my symptoms proved that. Anyway, in the trash it goes!!!

Y’all be careful out there, including those in denial. Your health comes first. If you die, you won’t have skin to lighten.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
I am so glad you are ok, it is sickening how these companies just lie to us about the ingredients in these products, what are you using now?
Thanks. I’m just thankful that my body has a way of reacting to steroid as a warning sign. That warning sign started from Carowhite. If I dare use Carowhite even for one night, I get symptoms the next day.

I’m not using any cream at the moment. I’m scared. I don’t even know what to use and I don’t want to get dark. If anybody has recommendation for HQ cream, pls let me know. I hate Kojic acid

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks. I’m just thankful that my body has a way of reacting to steroid as a warning sign. That warning sign started from Carowhite. If I dare use Carowhite even for one night, I get symptoms the next day.

I’m not using any cream at the moment. I’m scared. I don’t even know what to use and I don’t want to get dark. If anybody has recommendation for HQ cream, pls let me know. I hate Kojic acid
Maybe check on Amazon for safe hydroquinone products from trusted brands. I don't even know if there are safe brands out there. I'm just confused. Looks like anything that is meant for African skin contains steroids.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guys I’️m sad to share that F&W so white tube cream contains mercury. I’️m referring to the pink tube cream with HQ. I’️ve been using it since February on my face. I noticed some weakness initially but I didn’️t give it any thought. I was also using the lotion on my body.
With time I noticed my eye muscles were weak. My vision started becoming blurry and sometimes I’️d feel like I wanted to pass out. At a point I was scared if i had corona or something. I never suspected F&W.

I went to my doctor to test myself. He said they found some toxicity in my blood and asked if I was exposed to harsh chemical or taking any medication. He didn’️t say it was Mercury, because they would need a special test to detect mercury. I immediately knew it was the cream.

They didn’️t specifically say it was Mercury but I believe it was. I mean, my symptoms proved that. Anyway, in the trash it goes!!!

Y’️all be careful out there, including those in denial. Your health comes first. If you die, you won’️t have skin to lighten.
Woow I knew the most of the creams we use are either mercury or roids. I can deal with hidden hq but MERCURY is wayy wayy worse than any Clobetasol Roid. Ppl here are ignoring that but let me tell you they will get sick in a few years.
I stopped using F/W aha lotion and soap because it contains hq. I also used fw so white gel cream🏾
My symptoms are anxiety, depression, eye twitches and know excessive hair growth and thyroid issues.

I decided to stop using products that don’t openly proclaim hq.
Every natural product that lightens dark skin more isn’t natural it has mercury or roids. And I will look my products that I use monthly for changes via european or Usa ban list that has the content of hq, roids or MERCURY in it.
I know only use hq products and will buy only european exfoliating La Lotion which I will mix in Glycolic acid.

Never Never occlude with a african skin cream or asian skin cream only occlude with an self mixed or trusted exfoliating lotion from europe or us. This will cause the mercury or roid to get in your bloodstream easily and quicker.

I do not trust any asian and specially shady africans who don’t give a fuck about ppl as long as akwa isarodo has 4 wifes and 6 mansions in Togo drives a lambo while woman and men are suffering because his products from his shady company.
@Everybody I’m not a missionary but I can tell you what I experienced with “natural african creams” To many health problems that you don’t want.
Take the advice or don’t but think about how can a 20€ lotion contain only natural ingredients that cost so much in production for example Alpha arbutin, kojic acid all these fruit acids....

I hope the ones who have woken up from the nightmare. will come out so we can start a thread for ppl who want to lighten without hidden nasties mercury and roids specially.
We can start fund test on products, share tipps and tricks how to stay healthy and light!
I have no problems with hq by the way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks. I’️m just thankful that my body has a way of reacting to steroid as a warning sign. That warning sign started from Carowhite. If I dare use Carowhite even for one night, I get symptoms the next day.

I’️m not using any cream at the moment. I’️m scared. I don’️t even know what to use and I don’️t want to get dark. If anybody has recommendation for HQ cream, pls let me know. I hate Kojic acid
Caro white does it contain roids too?? I thought it was only hq. Because some ban list that tested showed hq. We’re you only using caro white or something else in addition. I for example found out that F/w aha contains mercury. Maybe we should start testing the products most of us use. Caro white, skinlight, maxi light, labi lotion oils and soap. Even Kojie san soap deserves a test eventhough I believe it is clean but after all I thought Aha lotion was clean too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Caro white does it contain roids too?? I thought it was only hq. Because some ban list that tested showed hq. We’re you only using caro white or something else in addition. I for example found out that F/w aha contains mercury. Maybe we should start testing the products most of us use. Caro white, skinlight, maxi light, labi lotion oils and soap. Even Kojie san soap deserves a test eventhough I believe it is clean but after all I thought Aha lotion was clean too.
Carowhite contains mercury is small amount but hydroquinone is the main ingredient. That’s why it lightens very fast and you also get darker very fast. Hydroquinone alone doesn’t lighten that fast. I used only Carowhite, I did not mix it. It took over one year of using it for my symptoms to become obvious. Now I react very quickly to it

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
Woow I knew the most of the creams we use are either mercury or roids. I can deal with hidden hq but MERCURY is wayy wayy worse than any Clobetasol Roid. Ppl here are ignoring that but let me tell you they will get sick in a few years.
I stopped using F/W aha lotion and soap because it contains hq. I also used fw so white gel cream🏾
My symptoms are anxiety, depression, eye twitches and know excessive hair growth and thyroid issues.

I decided to stop using products that don’t openly proclaim hq.
Every natural product that lightens dark skin more isn’t natural it has mercury or roids. And I will look my products that I use monthly for changes via european or Usa ban list that has the content of hq, roids or MERCURY in it.
I know only use hq products and will buy only european exfoliating La Lotion which I will mix in Glycolic acid.

Never Never occlude with a african skin cream or asian skin cream only occlude with an self mixed or trusted exfoliating lotion from europe or us. This will cause the mercury or roid to get in your bloodstream easily and quicker.

I do not trust any asian and specially shady africans who don’t give a fuck about ppl as long as akwa isarodo has 4 wifes and 6 mansions in Togo drives a lambo while woman and men are suffering because his products from his shady company.
@Everybody I’m not a missionary but I can tell you what I experienced with “natural african creams” To many health problems that you don’t want.
Take the advice or don’t but think about how can a 20€ lotion contain only natural ingredients that cost so much in production for example Alpha arbutin, kojic acid all these fruit acids....

I hope the ones who have woken up from the nightmare. will come out so we can start a thread for ppl who want to lighten without hidden nasties mercury and roids specially.
We can start fund test on products, share tipps and tricks how to stay healthy and light!
I have no problems with hq by the way.

OMG the eye twitches I experienced were the worst. I almost started considering glasses. It felt like my eyes were drifting apart. Smh they want to kill us

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Maybe check on Amazon for safe hydroquinone products from trusted brands. I don't even know if there are safe brands out there. I'm just confused. Looks like anything that is meant for African skin contains steroids.
Exactly. If F&W which we all trust, can do this to us, no brand is safe. I’m thinking of trying Clear Essence with some serums. It’s a very weak lotion though

·
Registered
70 Posts
@acnefree hey, I live in London. I use f&w aha lotion twice a week for exfoliation. I always thought it was safe due to EU regulations and because it’s a French company. Also I’ve never had any bad or odd symptoms from it, but the link you posted makes me very concerned now...

You said it has hq?? But the website says it has mercury .. or do you now suspect it has both?

·
Registered
91 Posts
@acnefree hey, I live in London. I use f&w aha lotion twice a week for exfoliation. I always thought it was safe due to EU regulations and because it’s a French company. Also I’ve never had any bad or odd symptoms from it, but the link you posted makes me very concerned now...

You said it has hq?? But the website says it has mercury .. or do you now suspect it has both?
No and No
The F/W aha 2 lotion which proclaims Lactic acid has 1mg mercury in it which is 100 times than any “safe levels”
The other F/W products have all hq even the ones that have no hq listed.
Just look up the link I send you. F/W isnt a French company it’s just registered in Paris which doesn’t mean shit. I can register a company and produce in africa.

361 - 380 of 452 Posts