Skin Care Talk banner

381 - 400 of 471 Posts

·
Administrator
33,723 Posts
What length is your dermaroller? I have the .25mm that I use on my face every so often. I am PIH prone as well - is that something I need to worry about?
@gymrat Hi! do you do dermarolling?
Hello @PinotNoir long time no see, hope you are doing well my friend :heart: yes I have several rollers, love them!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi everyone! 🙂
I've been lurking on here for a while, just trying to gather information. Some questions I had I never got the chance to find an answer to, so I finally made an account 🙂
I'm trying to enter the skin lightening game. I bought some kojie san soap, and am waiting on my amlactin lotion to arrive. I have an exfoliating glove, so I was going to use these 3 things to help me exfoliate. Question, how many shades am I able to lighten just from using this exfoliation method? I am Meagen Good brown in some areas, and then a Gab Union/Kelly Rowland brown in others. I am uneven all over. I have a lot of discoloration and hyperpigmentation. I should also mention that I have tinea versicolor, which is a skin fungus that also discolors the skin. I am using salycilic acid soap to treat that. And a permatan from years ago that has never went away.
What are also some good lighteners for me to look into? I do not want to use anything with HQ or steroids. I can't seem to find any reliable skin lighteners when I look online, do any of you know any good ones that I can look for? Thanks
If I am being realistic, my goal is to lighten to a caramel color. And have overall eveness for my skin.
P.S.- do any of you know how to get rid of stretch marks on the booty?? (This occured naturally during puberty) my booty is also super dark for whatever the reason! Any ideas on how I can fix my butt? 😞
Thank you so much in advance to any of your responses! 🙂

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
2306ECE2-C0BF-46EB-9D47-F0052E84553F.jpg

Since I’ve been using this soap, I’ve noticed white patches on my body. My skin is also dry even though I moisturize. I’m more worried about the white patches. It looks like eczema. What the hell does F&W contain these days??!! Who else has the same experience?

·
Registered
295 Posts
View attachment 66121

Since I’ve been using this soap, I’ve noticed white patches on my body. My skin is also dry even though I moisturize. I’m more worried about the white patches. It looks like eczema. What the hell does F&W contain these days??!! Who else has the same experience?
Where do you buy your F&W products? You should know people take samples of popular products to China to reproduce fake copies. So "trusted" distributors or bss can be in possession of fakes. Or it might be the lactic acid that's causing the patches.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Where do you buy your F&W products? You should know people take samples of popular products to China to reproduce fake copies. So "trusted" distributors or bss can be in possession of fakes. Or it might be the lactic acid that's causing the patches.
I buy my F&W products from Gt world of beauty. It’s a renowned store that sells original product. I buy the Hydroquinone version from Nigeria. They don’t seem fake

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
View attachment 66121

F&W lotion supposed to have this blue stripes on the bottle that says hydroquinone free on it the picture on the recalled list do not have the hydroquinone free logo on it.
China are max producing products for individual that pay them to copying every possible details. Someone says that there are fake F&W so white tube recently.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
@Goldencream this mean any cream what I buy online could be fake , it’s like we just have to start doin diy

·
Registered
295 Posts
@Goldencream this mean any cream what I buy online could be fake , it’s like we just have to start doin diy
@Shawtykidit's really crazy out here. Creams like fair and white have more fakes than original. That's because they have gained popularity over years and people will always buy them even in the next 30yrs. Fair and white especially is very complicated. To get the original is a thing of luck

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
attachment.php(4).jpg
IMG_20200520_142413.jpg

One logo says "I protect my skin"
the other says "to protect your skin by made in France.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
@Shawtykidit's really crazy out here. Creams like fair and white have more fakes than original. That's because they have gained popularity over years and people will always buy them even in the next 30yrs. Fair and white especially is very complicated. To get the original is a thing of luck
@Goldencream I have fair and white ka serum mixed with dodo lotion, I wonder if It’s the real deal

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Blackboy, so I decided to go ahead with fair and white gold and I can see about half a shade or slightly less in five days of use.

The qei+ trashed my skin with abnormal darkening on my face but extreme lightening on the body. I also seem to have patches of what seems like eczema so ditched it.

I bought the maxi tone gold 2 range and it’s lightening me up so nicely my sisters and nieces have asked me to order for them.

Will keep everyone posted after a month on progress.

·
Registered
91 Posts
View attachment 66121

Since I’️ve been using this soap, I’️ve noticed white patches on my body. My skin is also dry even though I moisturize. I’️m more worried about the white patches. It looks like eczema. What the hell does F&W contain these days??!! Who else has the same experience?
I used this soap on my face for almost 4 years. In the beginning it made my skin so clear and helped me with breakouts. But after 1 year I got break outs almost every 2 weeks I didn’t know what that was. My facial skin also became really blotchy and caused me to grow facial hair.
I stopped using this soap around 2 Weeks ago and started using shiseido. And my skin cleared up so much.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
@Goldencream I have fair and white ka serum mixed with dodo lotion, I wonder if It’s the real deal
I agree with Goldencream. The fakes are usually the HQ version. I’m using the ka serum now and it’s making my face darker but it’s lightening my body. I hate Kojic acid though

381 - 400 of 471 Posts