Skin Care Talk banner

421 - 440 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
People in Nigeria, I have a question.

is it true that they sell only original creams at Shoprite? I want to buy cream and someone said Shoprite is the only place to be really sure it’s original. Pls I need some answers

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
@Blackboy, just the even tone (2 )entire range and the whitenizer vitamin c serum(blue line)

I don’t know if it will ever get me up to 3 shades lighter as it’s my final goal. Currently a Kelly Rowland and hoping to get to Gabrille Union.

Don’t know if I will get to that on just the gold line, however as it looks promising at the moment, I will carry on and give a feedback in about 8 weeks time.

The fact that it lightened my face which has always been a challenge to lighten for some reason unknown to me is good news.
My face is about 2.5 shades darker than my body.

I do t think it contains HQ,at least not listed.
I don’t mind if it does tbh as it can’t be more than 2%. Once I reach my goal, I will just maintain with the aha lotion.
@Ayashayo any updates on the Fair & White Gold? How’s your skin looking so far

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Ayashayo any updates on the Fair & White Gold? How’s your skin looking so far
@Blackboy , regrettably your initial observation was correct. I have not lightened beyond the 1 shade that I initially experienced.
More of skin smoothening and evening out that I can see. In my desperation I ordered ikb gel from beautizone. Been using the fair and white gold with the ikb gel for 4 weeks now but seems my face is darkening although my body did not.
At wits end now 😔.

·
Registered
149 Posts
People in Nigeria, I have a question.

is it true that they sell only original creams at Shoprite? I want to buy cream and someone said Shoprite is the only place to be really sure it’s original. Pls I need some answers
I don't know about ONLY at Shoprite buy yes you can get original products there but usually more expensive than your local BSS. You can check Medplus, healthplus or Casabella as well. All the best ❤

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hey wassup y'all just wanted to say hi. I'm catching up on the forum lol.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
@Blackboy , regrettably your initial observation was correct. I have not lightened beyond the 1 shade that I initially experienced.
More of skin smoothening and evening out that I can see. In my desperation I ordered ikb gel from beautizone. Been using the fair and white gold with the ikb gel for 4 weeks now but seems my face is darkening although my body did not.
At wits end now 😔.
Sorry about that. Yeah F&W is a tricky product when it comes to mixing stuff. It works well with other F&W products but may have opposite effect when mixed with another product. Happened to me when I mixed Extreme glow serum in my F&W. Both worked well individually but after I mixed them, I started getting darker after a while.
Use the mix for your body but use IKB gel alone for your face. Or you can layer them separately on your face.

Also don’t use it every day or twice a day. If both products contain exfoliating properties, using the mix too much can cause darkening.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
I don't know about ONLY at Shoprite buy yes you can get original products there but usually more expensive than your local BSS. You can check Medplus, healthplus or Casabella as well. All the best ❤
Thank you. I already bought from Medplus. Cost 6,200 naira.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Oh nice. What products are you using for those right now?
I'm using Kojie San, a niacinamide essence spray from Skincare Revolution, a 14% niacinamide serum from Skincare Revolution, ikb gel and then sometimes I cleanse with the Peter Thomas Roth Anti Aging cleansing gel (salicylic acid and glycolic acid).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm using Kojie San, a niacinamide essence spray from Skincare Revolution, a 14% niacinamide serum from Skincare Revolution, ikb gel and then sometimes I cleanse with the Peter Thomas Roth Anti Aging cleansing gel (salicylic acid and glycolic acid).
Ah men, I wish Kojie San didn't stop working for me. How's that niacinamide working for you? With the KA, that's some real pale combo you go there. Are you layering or mixing the IKB with the serum? ❤

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
@glamchick I just started the whole regimen about a week ago so well see what happens. So far my skin has gotten a whole lot smoother and softer. I also use the Sheer Touch Neutrogena Sunscreen with 21% Zinc Oxide.
Oh and to dissolve the sunscreen off my face I do a double cleanse. First an oil cleanser and then my normal cleanser.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi everyone!

I wanted to add to the discussion and mention the products I’m using. A lot of the products I’m using our Etsy-based. I’m also using the Mitchell brands Carotis line. I legit have been using that line for nine years off and on but it’s the only thing my skin likes lol.

I wash my body with a glutathione- Kojic acid soap bar from Amazon. I do this for two weeks then I switched to an Etsy based lightening black soap from Epitomeofnature. It works pretty good.

I use the Carotis brightening gel on my face. It has Alpha Arbutin in it, and I swear by it.

Lotions are where I struggle with. I just started using the Epitomeofnature lightening body lotion but If anyone else has better suggestions I’m down to try. I’m not looking to use any HQ products. But I might have to because the natural process takes forever.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So let’s settle this: IKB gel or Carotis gel, What’s your vote? Pls don’t say both
I’ve used both. When I first started my journey way back when lol I used the IKB gel but I it made me light way to fast. When I stopped using it my skin reacted weird.

I think Carotis is way way better! It works really well. I like their gel and serum.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
This is very interesting. I'd like to know more about peoples experience with Carotis. I've never tried it.

421 - 440 of 458 Posts