Skin Care Talk banner

441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
@glamchick I just started the whole regimen about a week ago so well see what happens. So far my skin has gotten a whole lot smoother and softer. I also use the Sheer Touch Neutrogena Sunscreen with 21% Zinc Oxide.
Oh and to dissolve the sunscreen off my face I do a double cleanse. First an oil cleanser and then my normal cleanser.
Oh do keep us updated!
Sheer ZINC you meant? I use that too. But I'm not feeling the major white cast, i find that when I pat in against rubbing it looks somewhat better but I have to followup with my mineral powder to throw the whiteness off a bit. I'm considering DIY because I can't seem to find any ZnO sunscreen in Nigeria that aren't giving me white cast

I use Shea oil for my OCM after using this SS. What do you use?

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is very interesting. I'd like to know more about peoples experience with Carotis. I've never tried it.
I used Carotis gel pre-SCT and I got a beautiful yellow tone. When I ran out my BSS stopped stocking it and it's been so hard to find in Nigeria so I had to move on. But yeah it works and it works great!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
@glamchick To minimize white cast I either layer or mix with a moisturizer. I prefer to layer. I let my moisturizer sink in first. If my skin is still a little dry I'll go in with the niacinamide essence before applying SS.

Reactions: gymrat

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
@glamchick To minimize white cast I either layer or mix with a moisturizer. I prefer to layer. I let my moisturizer sink in first. If my skin is still a little dry I'll go in with the niacinamide essence before applying SS.
You are right.......always apply your moisturizer and or serums prior to sunscreen, never after, it will defeat the purpose of using sun protection if you apply it afterwards.

·
Registered
689 Posts
@Blackboy @lightboy Pls can i rub my dodo oil on my body... then wait for maybe 10mins before i layer my lightening cream on top after showering??
—Is dodo oil even safe 2 use? I am scared of stretchmarks, greenveins etc. Yet i don’t want 2 waste the oil.
Pls give me suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
@Blackboy @lightboy Pls can i rub my dodo oil on my body... then wait for maybe 10mins before i layer my lightening cream on top after showering??
—Is dodo oil even safe 2 use? I am scared of stretchmarks, greenveins etc. Yet i don’t want 2 waste the oil.
Pls give me suggestions. Thanks
I’ve never used dodo but there are warnings against it on this forum. Maybe someone else can answer that

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
@chiny I would say do your cream first then put your oil in last. I don't use dodo products anymore either so I couldn't tell you from experience.

441 - 452 of 452 Posts