Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good list of the best anti-aging skin care products at Selfcelebrity.com

located here:
selfcelebrity.com/2009/05/10/best-anti-aging-skincare-products

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Some of the products touted are Stri-Vectin and Prevage.

I have tried these and they didn't do anything for me except lighten my bank account - they aren't cheap!

What does work for me is tazarotene, vit C serum, sunscreen, facial massage and babyQ LED. Why aren't there any articles about them when they have a lot of good scientific evidence behind them?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by fawnie

Some of the products touted are Stri-Vectin and Prevage. I have tried these and they didn't do anything for me except lighten my bank account - they aren't cheap!

I tried Strivectin - the cream and deep wrinkle serum - and they did absolutely nothing for me either!

Quote: Originally Posted by

What does work for me is tazarotene, vit C serum, sunscreen, facial massage and babyQ LED. Why aren't there any articles about them when they have a lot of good scientific evidence behind them?

I agree again with the Fawnster. Sounds like a biased source to me!

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I tried Stri-Vectin this stuff was worthless!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
You can read several studies on vitamin C serum + every other active here; (You will also get a sense of how I determined what is the very best combination for C serum, and why "less is best"!!)

Journal of Investigative Dermatology - Ubiquinone, Idebenone, and Kinetin Provide Ineffective Photoprotection to Skin when Compared to a Topical Antioxidant Combination of Vitamins C and E with Ferulic Acid

And also check out the LED studies (and much more) at

PubMed Home

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You betcha Kassy! The science is there! Why aren't the fashion mags all screaming about it instead of crap like Stri-Vectin and Prevage?!!

Hmmmmm....could it be that there isn't much profit to be made by the Fat Cat cosmetics corporations?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmmm…. I would surely check the link out. However I prefer to go for an organic product as I no longer use commercial cosmetics.

Organic Cosmetics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts