Skin Care Talk banner
1,401 - 1,414 of 1,414 Posts
Shopping for one sis. Sunscreen is the worst skincare item to shop for me. All these physical and chemical things to consider.. It’s so stressful girl 🤯

I’ve always just avoided it altogether it but it’s beginning to catch up on my skin.
I completely understand...... @Arewaa where are you located? Are you in the states? Find a Whole Foods if you are, they have LOTS of sunscreens out as testers. Read the ingredient listing, look for "zinc", preferably one with higher than 8%, start trying a few on your skin and see how they look. Ask the sales rep to send you home with a sample of those you want to try they will be more than willing to send you home with some!

I tried the Coppertone @lillyjill its not for me. Its too greasy for my likings especially for my face but it also left an iridescent look on me.

Its great for those who want to use a high % zinc SS that they can get over the counter locally, but for myself, I will stick with Burnout, finish is much better. Thanks for letting me know about it. You know me, I am willing to try anything with a good amount of zinc.

Sorry gymrat it did not work ! Could you use it on your body so you don't have to waste the whole bottle?

it is a bit oily on me too but with powder it dries down to a decent finish.Im a NC 13-15 or so now so it enhances my body if I put it on.

The one sunscreen that seems to prevent tanning in my very olive son is uriage bariesun XP but it does have a oily finish too.

Shopping for one sis. Sunscreen is the worst skincare item to shop for me. All these physical and chemical things to consider.. It’s so stressful girl 🤯

I’ve always just avoided it altogether it but it’s beginning to catch up on my skin.
I completely understand...... @Arewaa where are you located? Are you in the states? Find a Whole Foods if you are, they have LOTS of sunscreens out as testers. Read the ingredient listing, look for "zinc", preferably one with higher than 8%, start trying a few on your skin and see how they look. Ask the sales rep to send you home with a sample of those you want to try they will be more than willing to send you home with some!
Thank you gymie.
Unfortunately I don’t stay in the US so it’ll be a bit complicated for me but I’ll keep shopping and use your guidelines 😊

Hi,

Just wondering what people's thoughts were on the following:

My derm has recently started me on the whole Zein Obagi regime, including this so just wondering if this is an effective sunscreen/block? Will be going to the middle east in a month or so, wondering if this will do the job?!

TIA
There isn't anything in this sunscreen that will protect you from the sun. You sure this is what your Derm recommended?? If so, I'd be finding a new Derm!!

There isn't anything in this sunscreen that will protect you from the sun. You sure this is what your Derm recommended?? If so, I'd be finding a new Derm!!
Yikes. Tbh I think he just gave me the whole ZO package!

What are your top 3 current sunscreen recommendations gymrat? (always valued your opinion!...hope you're keeping well:)

Yikes. Tbh I think he just gave me the whole ZO package!

What are your top 3 current sunscreen recommendations gymrat? (always valued your opinion!...hope you're keeping well:)
I'm doing great, thanks so much for asking 😊

If your looking to stay with Obagi, this one has 16.5% zinc and is a matte finish. I just got a tube to try. The finish is nice but I haven't worn it for any length of time in the sun yet, but I will soon! Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (3 oz.)

As for my favorite I like Burnout. But if I were looking for something to use while traveling where its super warm I'd get Purple Prairie. Sunscreen for me, can't be too greasy. I like a matte finish, it just depends on the person, and their personal preference. I've tried so many sunscreens over the years. Its hard to beat Burnout for an everyday SS. Anything with a good amount of zinc (15% and above) will keep you protected. The higher the amount the better for protection.

I'm doing great, thanks so much for asking 😊

If your looking to stay with Obagi, this one has 16.5% zinc and is a matte finish. I just got a tube to try. The finish is nice but I haven't worn it for any length of time in the sun yet, but I will soon! Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (3 oz.)

As for my favorite I like Burnout. But if I were looking for something to use while traveling where its super warm I'd get Purple Prairie. Sunscreen for me, can't be too greasy. I like a matte finish, it just depends on the person, and their personal preference. I've tried so many sunscreens over the years. Its hard to beat Burnout for an everyday SS. Anything with a good amount of zinc (15% and above) will keep you protected. The higher the amount the better for protection.
Thats brilliant, thanks as always. I'll ask my doc about that speficific ZO sunblock with zinc oxide, not sure how else to order from the UK.

Re Purple Prarie...can I ask which specific product you are referring to?

Thanks again..

Thats brilliant, thanks as always. I'll ask my doc about that speficific ZO sunblock with zinc oxide, not sure how else to order from the UK.

Re Purple Prarie...can I ask which specific product you are referring to?

Thanks again..
I'm sorry I should have linked it. It will leave a cast unless you rub it in really good. But anytime I go to the tropics I use it because it holds up well with sweat and with water. I could careless if it has a cast as long as it protects me. The last time I went to the DR I took a case with me and gave to the staff at the hotel. The previous time I had so many ask what SS I was wearing, I know its a struggle for them to get the basic SS, so I treated them ;)

As for Obagi try Lovelyskin or Dermstore, I know Lovelyskin ships internationally not sure if Dermstore does. But both sell legit products. If not try one of these

As always your very welcome, glad to help!

Need help with sunscreen selection. Summer is here and it’s 🥵. I can’t avoid it, it starts when I leave the house for work and is still around when I drive home at the end of the day. So, my question is, WHAT IS EVERYONE USING FOR SUNSCREEN? I have worked so hard to loose my results.

Need help with sunscreen selection. Summer is here and it’s 🥵. I can’t avoid it, it starts when I leave the house for work and is still around when I drive home at the end of the day. So, my question is, WHAT IS EVERYONE USING FOR SUNSCREEN? I have worked so hard to loose my results.
@Username2022 well I have my stock pile ready for summer..... I'll tell you whats in my stash.....
Round Lab Birch Juice, Cotz sensitive Face/Body, Blue Lizard Sport, Sunforgettable Sport Stick, Elta MD UV stick, Obagi SunShield, and Sunforgettable Brush on shield. Thats it for now!

1,401 - 1,414 of 1,414 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.