Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you watch the Drs? They had a show on yesterday where they did a non surgical eye lift using a fraxel co2 laser(im guessing) and it looked pretty good. They did not share the price, but Im sure its expensive. Have any of you tried any of the treatments they've discusses on this show? just curious..Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi Happytimes, I did watch! this seems to be a very non agressive and very simple procedure! 10 min. and 3 to 6 sessions 2 weeks appart. and you can go to work the next day!

But I do recall about 20 years ago I saw a similar procedure with lazer and it was the next best thing for skin, everyone wanted it. When they show it live on TV everything seems to be very nice, but it is the days after they don't show. It can turn ugly.

Back then I wanted this procedure and my surgeon did not want to do this on me, and there is another surgeon that I know who has stopped doing the lazer on faces because he has disfigured one patient but this was 15 years ago.

In nowadays, I beleive technology has changed, for the best (hopefully)
It seems to be so new, I doubt we will find someone here who already has done it

http://www.juvaskin.com/skin_and_laser_center/

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I agree he's cute, He is still single! wasn't he in one the "bachelor"? have you seen Drew (the surgeon) he showed a picture of him about 20 years ago, he was hot too!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok before you ladies "lose yourselves" lets re-focus..haha kidding...I have another question but didnt want to keep putting up new posts...Do any of you take collagen supplements, liquid or otherwise with any success? Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks to re-focus us ! but somethimes Girls just want to have fun! Hihihi Never took collagen supplements, but I had collagen injections on my upper lips, you know the smoke lines, even if I don't smoke, it only swelled for few days and after the swelling was gone, the collagen was gone too! Needless to say I was very disappointed.

I'm sure if you do a search you will find a thread on Collagen! Good luck!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help..I'll research the collagen a bit more, sorry it didnt work for you Marie. I just ordered this micro cloth you're all raving about. I would have never heard of it, if it wasnt for you. Hope it works on my skin...yikes...ok you can go back to drooling..haha

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Nope! No fun today! Peeling, working and instead I went to write to Dr Kats and asked how much he charges for his lazer treatment, I hope I will get a reply! It says within 24 h, I doubt he will say a price! probably he will say I need to see you first !

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OK--Collagen--not a believer. I believe that only the body can produce lasting and realistic collagen. IF you want filler then try aquamid if you are in Europe (NOT for lips but other areas it seems good, it is more or less permanent filler, very little issues but you do not want it in your lips lest there be a problem). Wait for porcine collagen which is coming down the line and should be permanent or at least partially permanent, OR use autologous fat transfer (taking fat from one area and injecting it in another). TRICK there though, you do not want to use YELLOW fat (this is so-called transient fat the kind you gain and most likely want taken out---sorry to let you down) you want instead to use insular fat (fat used to insulate the body like around the knees for example). This fat is white and unlike yellow transient fat it does not come and go so it is more stable.

As for FRAXEL or any lasers, look Travis is good as a host (yes he was on bachelor and yes he is single and yes I sooo want to meet him we have tons in common and I am sure I would be the one for him, 100000% sure of that) BUT they show a lot of cutting edge and I do not believe cutting edge is best. I do NOT have faith in Fraxel lasers, I am not a fan of thermage, I am not a fan of many of these high priced laser therapies for a reason. MOST or many are NOT ablative (they do not break the skin but rather use heat, radio frequency etc to warm the underlying dermis and HOPE to stimulate collagen). In theory it should work and for about 40% of the people it will, OVER TIME with many treatments, some relapse subject to a lot of environmental factors. NOT worth it unless a doctor wants to write me a guarantee with an alternate treatment plan (proven and tried plan that is to achieve results desired).

Secondly, fraxel CO2 is based on the same concept of skin grafting. Or similar I should say. It combines that concept with the VERY and still leading success story in the laser family, ablative CO2. The ablative CO2 is based on the same as chemical peels and other controlled damage. You burn off ALL the epidermis and go into the dermis deep enough to make the dermis hot and the collagen "coils" spring tighter so to speak and the damage, as often is the case with a deep 2nd degree burn, new pink nicer skin underneath. There is a risk of pigment changes and scarring when not done right and long down time but it is a uniform and almost uniquely great result. UNFORTUNATELY this type of laser can almost only ever be used on the face, other areas tend to scar.

Down time is a big issue, you turn very red then you have months of redness sometimes with permanent loss of some pigment and a "two tone" look (neck or decolletage etc will show delineation) Now to counter this long down time, despite the amazing results, they have been playing with various new technologies, three years ago or so they came out with Rhytec Portrait, I saw a dvd of the technology and must say if I have ever seen anything similar, it is a deep TCA peel as I recently have done to myself. WHY??? Well Rhytec used plasma believe it or not heated up real hot to penetrate the dermis and basically "go through" the epidermis leaving it there but killing it much like a TCA peel does. Like TCA you turn brown, crinkle then peel then underneath have better, nicer, smoother, younger skin. The technology was OK and not long-lived.

Fraxel and other forms of fractional CO2 use the ablative approach of CO2 technology BUT they figure, like with a skin graft, by making spaces in between like a mesh and leaving intact skin you leave gaps that will more quickly fill in and will grow together quicker. (this is true in fact, as I have said before, collagen has a natural desire to pull toward the nearest other collagen fiber and thus cross link and start to fill in and out). The problem is that it happens so fast and covers the healing area that the deep extent of the complete ablative approach is lost, even if multiple treatments are done.

I would therefore ONLY ever pay to have a deep TCA or chemical peel OR complete ablative CO2 laser.

Sorry to be long-winded as always, just my rational. AND yes, the results will look great at first, they fade a lot quicker though than traditional complete ablative CO2.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lexi, absolutely incredible answers and wisdom, we all thank you very much. I'll anxiously await the procine treatment. For now on a smaller scale are there any creams, lotions, serums that contain collagen that you would suggest. My only problem area is my eyes...you girls rock...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts