Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Related to the use of natural ingredients in your cosmetics ? which features concerning a products? performance and its aesthetic do you regard as essential? And which features are of less importance? For example, is it more important to you that your shower gel or shampoo includes ?green? ingredients or produces as much of foam as possible? Do you expect your skin care products to feel as soft and pleasant as possible or do you prefer to be sure that it contains natural raw materials? Thanks for your opinion!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Important: smooth ingredients, a label I can trust, acceptable odor
Less important: boring bubbling slogans about foam, volume, glamour, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's okay when my conditioner and shampoo doesnt foam and shine and dont look that hip and fancy. Wake up!!! Sure all this stuff today cleans your hair quite well! dont xou think a sensible balance between the satisfaction of your stylish desires and the future of this planet is worth to accept a little less - what'd you call it - "product performance"? so: back to the roots and nature ;-)))

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is important to me that they do not contain Parabens or sodium lauryl sulfate. I don't want a bunch of nasty chemicals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there! Related to the use of natural ingredients in your cosmetics ? which features concerning a products? performance and its aesthetic do you regard as essential? And which features are of less importance? For example, is it more important to you that your shower gel or shampoo includes ?green? ingredients or produces as much of foam as possible? Do you expect your skin care products to feel as soft and pleasant as possible or do you prefer to be sure that it contains natural raw materials? Thanks for your opinion!
Using natural ingredient based products is what I always strive for. The only thing I think is essential is scent. If the scent is bearable, and okay, I'll take it. I can live without the vibrant, colourfull smells of most products with lots of chemicals in them. Don't care about foam or anything like that, it just needs to work!

I like natural raw ingredients, in that form. Like some products from LUSH (a store I no longer shop at, because their products are HIGHLY comedeogenic, not to mention toxic!), well some of their products are really ugly looking and I don't mind if it looks like that, as long as I get the nutrients and my skin looks great, that's all that matters at the end of the day! Everything from my toothpaste to my foot cream, must contain natural, raw ingredients, but its hard to find, and expensive!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really don't care if its raw ingredients or green or anything. I just care that the product works for me and improves my skin. My skin is not sensitive so unless I break out it doesn't matter to me. Oh and smell is important to me - if I don't like the smell I can't use it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm getting way more into products with shorter lists of ingredients, if that counts. No parabens, no crap I can't pronounce. Not really go green, but it's getting away from the mesh of chemicals right?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm getting way more into products with shorter lists of ingredients, if that counts. No parabens, no crap I can't pronounce. Not really go green, but it's getting away from the mesh of chemicals right?
I'd say so. As well as just simply looking at the bottom of the packaging to insure that it is recyclable .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Non-toxic ingredients that do not disrupt a person's hormones, or damage DNA, are the most important thing in my opinion.

That, and ingredients that do not inflame or irritate sensitive skin, or make skin more vulnerable to sun damage.

I've been amazed at how many natural products there are that DO cause inflammation and sun sensitivity...they all seem to have some form of vitamin A. I've been going nuts trying to find a product that DOESN'T have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts