Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done it and have much success?

I'm asking because I don't want to rely on chemicals like hq (which is the only thing that have worked for me). I tried doing sulfur (msm internally) for a whole year...no real results and other natural topicals like turmeric..hardly results and other natural products.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I've read that lemon juice or apple cider vinegar applied to skin will help lighten freckles (by exfoliation? i'm not certain of the mechanism) but s-l-o-w-l-y.

I actually tried the vinegar the other night on my arms before my shower(my 50% Gly wasn't here yet). I painted it on with my fan brush and let dry then washed it off.

It burned and reeked but my intuition is that it would help exfoliate over time? or prep the skin for a bleaching or moisturizing creme?

My arms did feel softer the next day.

I am very interested in natural items for maintenance. I really don't want to be tied to any particular products.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've read that lemon juice or apple cider vinegar applied to skin will help lighten freckles (by exfoliation? i'm not certain of the mechanism) but s-l-o-w-l-y.

I actually tried the vinegar the other night on my arms before my shower(my 50% Gly wasn't here yet). I painted it on with my fan brush and let dry then washed it off.

It burned and reeked but my intuition is that it would help exfoliate over time? or prep the skin for a bleaching or moisturizing creme?

My arms did feel softer the next day.

I am very interested in natural items for maintenance. I really don't want to be tied to any particular products.
I use lemon juice and Vitamin C serum. They both will sting and irritate but the lemon juice reigns - it causes me to dance sometimes.
I did get some lightening results before I started the HQ/RA regimen. I don't use it as often because of the other products I am using - but I am faithful to applying my Vitamin C serum. There are plenty of posts here and in the anti-aging section about vitamin c serums.

Word of caution - I believe the constant application of lemon juice caused nail fungae. I never had fungae prior to using lemon use on the skin. When I noticed the fungae on my finger and toe nails - I stopped applying the lemon juice, treated the fungae and it went away and hasn't returned.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Ok, don't laugh...(well you'll laugh, i'm laughing
) but the children are asleep & I've coated my permataned areas (arms shoulders, back of neck) in yellow mustard. American mustard, not the hot french stuff. It's drying as type. I'm hoping my husband doesn't come upstairs before I wash it off. I'm like the world's biggest hot dog but hey who knows?...

Compared to the apple cider vinegar: i liked the vinegars softening effect but it was very drippy and i had to use my fan brush.. the hot dog mustard was easy to spread. the yellow color lets you know exactly where you've put it.

It isn't tingling as much as the vinegar so maybe it won't be worth a repeat.

There's also mustard seed and turmeric in it which are used in some skin creams.

...the article that inspired me below

Home Remedies for Freckles. Effective Natural Cures

I'm also searching for meat tenderizers because I know my mom has used vinegar, papaya( think of those soaps), and mustard to tenderize steaks. So maybe it could have an effect for exfoliation?

Using Vinegar As A Meat Tenderizer or Buttermilk - Vinegar Articles

Continued - Using Vinegar As A Meat Tenderizer or Buttermilk - Vinegar Articles

I have heard of ppl using buttermilk on freckles. hmm.

Looking for Meat Tenderizers

& No, I haven't been drinking..lol.

Meat tenderizer, vinegar, coconut oil WORKS - Keratosis Pilaris Community Forums

5 Favorites for Skin Care | Healthy and Green Living

How to make your own face exfoliant - by Snow Vandemore - Helium

Okay my little mustard body masque is mostly dry...time to hop in the shower. bye!

·
Registered
484 Posts
lol What in the world??
Mustard? Mustard!!!
Have you gone mad!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ok, don't laugh...(well you'll laugh, i'm laughing
) but the children are asleep & I've coated my permataned areas (arms shoulders, back of neck) in yellow mustard. American mustard, not the hot french stuff. It's drying as type. I'm hoping my husband doesn't come upstairs before I wash it off. I'm like the world's biggest hot dog but hey who knows?...

Compared to the apple cider vinegar: i liked the vinegars softening effect but it was very drippy and i had to use my fan brush.. the hot dog mustard was easy to spread. the yellow color lets you know exactly where you've put it.

It isn't tingling as much as the vinegar so maybe it won't be worth a repeat.

There's also mustard seed and turmeric in it which are used in some skin creams.

...the article that inspired me below

Home Remedies for Freckles. Effective Natural Cures

I'm also searching for meat tenderizers because I know my mom has used vinegar, papaya( think of those soaps), and mustard to tenderize steaks. So maybe it could have an effect for exfoliation?

Using Vinegar As A Meat Tenderizer or Buttermilk - Vinegar Articles

Continued - Using Vinegar As A Meat Tenderizer or Buttermilk - Vinegar Articles

I have heard of ppl using buttermilk on freckles. hmm.

Looking for Meat Tenderizers

& No, I haven't been drinking..lol.

Meat tenderizer, vinegar, coconut oil WORKS - Keratosis Pilaris Community Forums

5 Favorites for Skin Care | Healthy and Green Living

How to make your own face exfoliant - by Snow Vandemore - Helium

Okay my little mustard body masque is mostly dry...time to hop in the shower. bye!
Is this something that you think is really going to worK? Do you know anyone else who has used it?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
mmmm mustard

I'm on a natural exfoliant quest ovah here! lolz!

I'm still going to use my medipharmacosmiceuticals & the law of attraction to obtain even skin but I'm thinking ahead to maintainance.

It would be so cool if there are things in the grocery or health food store that could be used to keep it clear and even.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Oh then you shouldve said so silly! Egoo, the BEST natural exfoliant is MIRACLE WHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes your skin peel like crazy after leaving it on for 20 to 30 minutes. TRY IT!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Get outta here... you're kidding right?!

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
No im seriously not kidding. Miracle Whip apparently works great as a facial mask. I had jar of Miracle Whip sitting in the fridge after I tried it out once but didn’t care much for it. So of course I had to give it a shot as it’s supposed to exfoliate and moisturize. I left it on for 20 minutes. It stinged a bit to begin with and the smell wasn’t pleasant, but not as bad as I had feared. After I took it off I got very surprized by the result. My skin that had been very dry suddenly felt very smooth and moist, and there were no signs of dead skin cells. During winter I have a serious problem with dry skin and I must say so far this has worked better than the other products I have tried out. What’s left to see now is how long the effect lasts. If you’re not too put off by this I recommend giving it a shot!

btw you cant use any old dressing or mayonaise, it has to be miracle whip

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have you tried clinique even better or RX for brown skin? I'm using rx for brown skin now and it works but its more for evening out skin so it will not lighten you alot, maybe 1 or 2 shades. Also, black soap does lighten a little, maybe u should try that

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
No im seriously not kidding. Miracle Whip apparently works great as a facial mask. I had jar of Miracle Whip sitting in the fridge after I tried it out once but didnâ€2122t care much for it. So of course I had to give it a shot as itâ€2122s supposed to exfoliate and moisturize. I left it on for 20 minutes. It stinged a bit to begin with and the smell wasnâ€2122t pleasant, but not as bad as I had feared. After I took it off I got very surprized by the result. My skin that had been very dry suddenly felt very smooth and moist, and there were no signs of dead skin cells. During winter I have a serious problem with dry skin and I must say so far this has worked better than the other products I have tried out. Whatâ€2122s left to see now is how long the effect lasts. If youâ€2122re not too put off by this I recommend giving it a shot!

btw you cant use any old dressing or mayonaise, it has to be miracle whip
oh cool!! I'm going to try this! thanks!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've been crazy for a while. Luckily I didn't get discovered slathered in my experiment.

I'm on a natural exfoliant quest ovah here! lolz!

I'm still going to use my medipharmacosmiceuticals & the law of attraction to obtain even skin but I'm thinking ahead to maintainance.

It would be so cool if there are things in the grocery or health food store that could be used to keep it clear and even.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
ok... I've found another idea:

horseradish..really...I'll try it soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by

Horseradish is noted as a skin treatment, to remove spots and blemishes from the skin. Use 4 ounces freshly-grated horseradish, 1 quart buttermilk (dairy products used externally are okay), and 4 ounces glycerine. Place all in a half-gallon jar and shake well. Let stand overnight in a cool place. Shake well again and strain through a fine strainer. Bottle and keep cold, in the fridge. Then at night wash the areas on your face you want to treat, such as spots, discolorations, freckles, blackheads, scuff, or any skin blemish. Rub the horseradish lotion into the desired spot until the skin tingles with warmth. Wipe of the surplus and go to bed. This will stimulate the skin and bleach out unwanted discolorations. It is superior to any skin product on the market, according to Dr. Shook.

Medicinal Uses of Horseradish

Antioxidants also are good for treating liver spots, discolorations of the skin that actually have little to do with the liver. A more accurate label for them would be "sun spots" since they appear on the face and hands as a result of sun exposure. There are several natural bleaching agents you can try on these spots and on other types of blotchy skin.Horseradish, vinegar and lemon are favorites, so I suggest using all three.

Herbs for Health and Healing The Face

1. Freckles/Brown Spots:Here are some natural remedies that will clear some of your freckles!
* Apply sour lemon cream on your face. Do not rinse this mask off completely; gently wipe off with a soft tissue and top it up with a moisturizer.
* Lemon juice is a tried and tested remedy for treating freckles. Apply lemon juice with your fingers on the affected area; lemon juice bleaches the dark spots.
* Regular use of fruit and vegetable masks such as those made with apricots, strawberries, cucumbers and red currant will help lighten freckles.
* Wash your face with sour milk. Lactic acid promotes gentle peeling of skin minus the irritation or dryness.
* Heat honey slightly and apply to face, tap face gently with your fingers. Wash honey off with warm water then rinse with cool water. Stir in a little quantity of wheat germ into the honey before applying.
* Horseradish juice or horseradish vinegar, or oatmeal dabbed on the skin is also helpful in lightening freckles.
* Apply parsley juice mixed with equal amounts of lemon juice, orange juice, and red currant juice under your favorite cream will help you keep your freckles invisible.
* Apply odorless olive oil or vitamin E at night before going to bed.
* Dissolve some sugar in the juice of one lemon. Apply mixture to each freckle with a brush.
2. Grind yellow mustard in milk and apply to the face during the night. Wash your face the next morning.
* Onions also can be used for removing freckles and age spots. Slice a red onion in half and rub on the spots twice daily. Continue until the spots fade.
* Applying buttermilk on freckles is thought to help in lightening them.
* Mix an equal quantity of turmeric and sesame seeds. Grind in water and apply to the face.
* Take a watermelon, make a hole in its rind and introduce some grains of rice in it. Take out the rice after 9 weeks. Be sure to put it in the fridge! Grind into a paste and apply on the face.
* To lighten freckles, mash 1/4 cup of unripe currants and mix with 1 tbsp. of unpasteurized honey. Put on freckles and leave on for half an hour. Rinse off with warm water and dab on diluted fresh lemon juice.
3. Apply sour cream to face and leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Should start to see a difference after one week if you do this once a day for a week.

How to Get Rid of Brown Spots Using Home Remedies: 3 steps - wikiHow

Two tablespoons of grated radish (horse radish) simmered in milk and made into a paste.

Home Made Recipes For Pigmentation

1 - 20 of 21 Posts