Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the new nadinola extra strength fade cream now with niacinamide and hexylresorcinol? I purchased one from Walmart the other day but don't know if it causes breakouts on some people like me( who used the older version of 3% HQ) or not.
The pack also says more effective than hydroquinone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hexylresorcinol is different I guess. Resorcinol was used for acne treatment way back. The manufacturers of nadinola extra strength fade cream have stopped using HQ has the USFDA banned otc products containing HQ. Most products known to have HQ have replaced it with niacinamide and some others. I honestly don't think hexylresorcinol is toxic in my opinion. I'm actually just concerned about it not causing acne as it badly broke me out in the past but lightened me real good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't yet (still using the old formula) but one thing, I am wondering if hexylresorcinol is the same as resorcinol? Because resorcinol can be very toxic.
I also saw a video on YouTube where some dermatologists were advertising their products with hexylresorcinol as main ingredient.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also saw a video on YouTube where some dermatologists were advertising their products with hexylresorcinol as main ingredient.
Hexylresorcinol is different I guess. Resorcinol was used for acne treatment way back. The manufacturers of nadinola extra strength fade cream have stopped using HQ has the USFDA banned otc products containing HQ. Most products known to have HQ have replaced it with niacinamide and some others. I honestly don't think hexylresorcinol is toxic in my opinion. I'm actually just concerned about it not causing acne as it badly broke me out in the past but lightened me real good.
please let us know how it works out for you. I'd use it twice a day if possible.

dont forget your spf

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
please let us know how it works out for you. I'd use it twice a day if possible.

dont forget your spf
I'm not going to use it yet until I get enough reviews about it. The previous version gave me acne. I have tried uploading the pictures of the new formula with the ingredients list but can't.
I'm currently using makari carotonic naturalle lotion with kojie San soap but it seems to be too slow in fading dark spots. The previous nadinola faded my dark spots in less than 2 weeks but was causing more breakouts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm not going to use it yet until I get enough reviews about it. The previous version gave me acne. I have tried uploading the pictures of the new formula with the ingredients list but can't.
I'm currently using makari carotonic naturalle lotion with kojie San soap but it seems to be too slow in fading dark spots. The previous nadinola faded my dark spots in less than 2 weeks but was causing more breakouts.
have you done any chemical exfoliation? you might have a lot of dead skin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have you done any chemical exfoliation? you might have a lot of dead skin.
I used the ordinary glycolic acid toner for about 2 weeks but didn't really like how it felt on my face( too sticky) I'm presently using kojie San soap and it's exfoliating me alot. Anyhoo, I decided to use the new nadinola tonight and I love how it feels. The texture of this new formular is very light and less greasy unlike the previous version. I'm giving it a 2week trial. I hope it works better than the former HQ version. It's stated on the box that it's more effective than hydroquinone. Please pray for me that I don't breakout. Lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
I used the ordinary glycolic acid toner for about 2 weeks but didn't really like how it felt on my face( too sticky) I'm presently using kojie San soap and it's exfoliating me alot. Anyhoo, I decided to use the new nadinola tonight and I love how it feels. The texture of this new formular is very light and less greasy unlike the previous version. I'm giving it a 2week trial. I hope it works better than the former HQ version. It's stated on the box that it's more effective than hydroquinone. Please pray for me that I don't breakout. Lol
2 weeks might not be enough time since it takes time for your melanocytes to react.

Also, if you really want to know if it works, maybe stop using kojie san on the face now and use the new nadinola day and night for at least 4 weeks. If it works, you know its the nadinola and can continue with it and add the kojie san or aha back in. Of course use spf and avoid the sun during this time. Might be a plan?

·
Administrator
33,922 Posts
I haven't used it, but if the old version caused you to break out, my guess is so will the new one. I could never use the old version on my face, but could on my body.

As for hexylresorcinol, its an astringent, wouldn't even worry about it being an ingredient or it being toxic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like Nadinola isn't the only on that switches from HQ to niacinamide, Palmers Skin Success face cream has as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't used it, but if the old version caused you to break out, my guess is so will the new one. I could never use the old version on my face, but could on my body.

As for hexylresorcinol, its an astringent, wouldn't even worry about it being an ingredient or it being toxic.
I'm like 2 weeks old on this new version but haven't noticed any breakout yet. This new formula's texture is very light compared to the previous version hence it may not cause any breakout. Atleast for now I haven't noticed any since using this. But I see a lil slight brightening on my face tho. I hope and pray it works like the previous one without causing breakouts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm like 2 weeks old on this new version but haven't noticed any breakout yet. This new formula's texture is very light compared to the previous version hence it may not cause any breakout. Atleast for now I haven't noticed any since using this. But I see a lil slight brightening on my face tho. I hope and pray it works like the previous one without causing breakouts
did the price change at all?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump please
Bump please
I'm sorry this is coming so late. I eventually ditched the nadinola a couple of months ago as I didn't see no dramatic lightening like the previous version. I would say; it kinda works like using amlactin alone. HQ is still the king of all lighteners in my opinion. I've been using makari carotonic lotion which lightens real slow but rather brightens and gives that even tone look with no telltale dark knuckles. But I like the way my skin looks now. I mix it with amlactin lotion in my palm and use this mixture every other week and just the makari carotonic lotion for the other week. Florida is so damn hot to use lighteners during the summer unless you're gonna have to live like a vampire. Lol
I'm glad summer is over now and still researching what good lighteners to use during the winter, my favorite months 😁😁😁.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm sorry this is coming so late. I eventually ditched the nadinola a couple of months ago as I didn't see no dramatic lightening like the previous version. I would say; it kinda works like using amlactin alone. HQ is still the king of all lighteners in my opinion. I've been using makari carotonic lotion which lightens real slow but rather brightens and gives that even tone look with no telltale dark knuckles. But I like the way my skin looks now. I mix it with amlactin lotion in my palm and use this mixture every other week and just the makari carotonic lotion for the other week. Florida is so damn hot to use lighteners during the summer unless you're gonna have to live like a vampire. Lol
I'm glad summer is over now and still researching what good lighteners to use during the winter, my favorite months 😁😁😁.
Thanks for the feedback

1 - 20 of 20 Posts