Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1410 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. There is already a glutathione thread on here but I haven't found one that Is updated and detailed and is dedicated only to oral glutathione. The reason why I've started this thread is because oral glutathione is a bit controversial. There have been studies that claim that it does not work at all while others claim that it does. I've even read somewhere that it's actually the vitamin C that is doing all the lightening and not the glutathione at all. I personal believe that the glutathione helps but it takes a much longer time to work, and even longer time to see results. I am a very patient lightened and I usually give a product at least three months before I decide whether it works or not and from the results I got I believe that oral glutathione works! Some people even swear by it so let's just put it to the test and lay the rumors to rest. I will share my experience with oral glutathione and I encourage everyone else to do the same. So I have been taking glutathione capsules religiously for over six months and I have to say that it has definitely worked for me. At first I started off with one 500mg capsule a day alone with one 1000mg vitamins C. I felt like there was results but nothing much to talk about so after two months, I doubled my dosage to 1000mg of gluta with 2000mg of vitamin C. After a couple months, I noticed that my nipples got really light. Right now they're almost pink. My lips got considerably lighter. I don't use anything to lighten my lips at all so I would say that it is definitely the gluta. Also I used to suffer from break outs (adult acne) and terribly oily skin. My face is now baby smooth and no break outs. I can literally go without makeup and I look younger than I've looked in years. I'm two months shy of turning 36 and I look at least ten years younger. I am seriously considering to increase my does because of the results I've gotten. I may post an unfiltered photo of my bare makeup free face later. Please post your experience. And please answer the following questions: What brand of oral glutathione have you been using? Are you using it with vitamin C or by itself? What is your dosage? How many are you taking a day? Have you gotten results? If yes please give details. If not please be detailed. Tell us how long you have been taking it and what you've been taking it with? Will you recommend oral glutathione as part of a skin lightening regime? **Please no mention of glutathione IV. I want to keep this thread specifically for oral glutathione use only.Please don't ignore! ** Any contribution at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread on oral gluta. I recently added jarrows gluta vits 1000mg about 3 weeks ago. I've been on vitamin c orally for 3 years, and i added gluta to see what results i would gain from both. Its too early to tell if gluta works or not. I'll be following this thread closely.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for starting this thread on oral gluta. I recently added jarrows gluta vits 1000mg about 3 weeks ago. I've been on vitamin c orally for 3 years, and i added gluta to see what results i would gain from both. Its too early to tell if gluta works or not. I'll be following this thread closely.
Hey, So you've been on vitamin C for three years. Can you be a little more detailed. Were you consistent? Or did you take them on and off. Did you take it every single day? How many a day did you take. Has vitamin C lighten you at all? Also please keep me posted with your oral glathione intake. I am looking foward to when you share your results with us :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I want to start using it as well! what brand are you using and where to purchase ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have been consistent with my vitamin c intake. I take 1000mg once a day, anything more than that gives me headache. I use topical lighteners, too. I went on vacation last month, i stopped taking them consistently, and realised my face getting dull, so i went back at it. Asides from that, i've been very consistent. The glow is to die for. I've been a member of SCT since 2012, so i use some of the most popular products raved on here. Therefore, its hard to tell where the glow comes from, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been consistent with my vitamin c intake. I take 1000mg once a day, anything more than that gives me headache. I use topical lighteners, too. I went on vacation last month, i stopped taking them consistently, and realised my face getting dull, so i went back at it. Asides from that, i've been very consistent. The glow is to die for. I've been a member of SCT since 2012, so i use some of the most popular products raved on here. Therefore, its hard to tell where the glow comes from, if that makes sense.
Thanks a lot for the info. I'm doing my own research in this. I've asked my sisters to go on at least 2000mg vitamin C a day because I want to see if one can lighten with vitamin C alone. Unfortunately they are not consistent so they are not very reliable. They did report a glow from taking the vit C but no lightening of course since they haven't been taking it long enough and are not consistent. Which is why I've decided to start this thread. I really hope that more people contribute as this means a lot to me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
OMG I love this thread.. I started taking jarrow reduced glutathione a month ago and I plan on taking it for a year consistently to see its result..so far, my skin is super smooth and glowy. My mum,friends, evern bf compliments my skin alot..but I can't really say if it's the glutathione or vitamin C or G&G that's making me shine. Guess i'll know with time becos i'll soon stop using G&G.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hey 3shadeslighter thanks for starting this thread once again. When I first joined this forum I spent a lot of time reading the supplement thread; very long but worth it. I gave Glutathione a try. I got the Jarrow formula reduced Gluta and took it with Source Naturale Vit. C crystal. Took one capsule AM&PM and half a teaspoon of Vit C crystal, mixed in my freshly squeezed orange juice. Idid this. For a month. I can totally say Gluta works when taken orally. I had my best skin. While on both and at that time I was using. Just 17% LA lotion and Kojie San. When i ran out of my supps I got lazy and lost the glow and droped a shade or two. Am planning on starting up again and would try and be consistent for 6months straight. I've been on GnG for a while now and gotten good results, I think I'd know when I start up if its the GnG or the. Supps doing the work Just to add that I started taking Vit C again 3weeks ago; I got the Holland&Barret Vit C tablets and am not totally impressed with what I feel. I feel Vit C crystals works better than tablets; I was told this but didn't really buy it but. Now I. Think its. True. This is why, when I was taking SN Vit C crystals, it kept the flu away, not even a sneeze, nothing @ all cos I get them real quick and easy but with the H&B its like nothing. Maybe the tablets works slow I don't know, but am def going back to my crystal when I place my order for the Glut. The problem I have with the. Crystal is knowing how many mg to take or if am taking enough.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG I love this thread.. I started taking jarrow reduced glutathione a month ago and I plan on taking it for a year consistently to see its result..so far, my skin is super smooth and glowy. My mum,friends, evern bf compliments my skin alot..but I can't really say if it's the glutathione or vitamin C or G&G that's making me shine. Guess i'll know with time becos i'll soon stop using G&G.
Please don't forget to leave updates on this thread. I will appreciate that very much.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey 3shadeslighter thanks for starting this thread once again. When I first joined this forum I spent a lot of time reading the supplement thread; very long but worth it. I gave Glutathione a try. I got the Jarrow formula reduced Gluta and took it with Source Naturale Vit. C crystal. Took one capsule AM&PM and half a teaspoon of Vit C crystal, mixed in my freshly squeezed orange juice. Idid this. For a month. I can totally say Gluta works when taken orally. I had my best skin. While on both and at that time I was using. Just 17% LA lotion and Kojie San. When i ran out of my supps I got lazy and lost the glow and droped a shade or two. Am planning on starting up again and would try and be consistent for 6months straight. I've been on GnG for a while now and gotten good results, I think I'd know when I start up if its the GnG or the. Supps doing the work Just to add that I started taking Vit C again 3weeks ago; I got the Holland&Barret Vit C tablets and am not totally impressed with what I feel. I feel Vit C crystals works better than tablets; I was told this but didn't really buy it but. Now I. Think its. True. This is why, when I was taking SN Vit C crystals, it kept the flu away, not even a sneeze, nothing @ all cos I get them real quick and easy but with the H&B its like nothing. Maybe the tablets works slow I don't know, but am def going back to my crystal when I place my order for the Glut. The problem I have with the. Crystal is knowing how many mg to take or if am taking enough.
Hey @nwababy. Thanks for this detailed reply. Yes oral glutathione works but I just don't understand why there are studies claiming that it doesn't. Maybe the studies that were done were short term and the people that they used weren't required to take them over a lengthy period of time. I swear every time I read something negative about oral glutathione I can't help but have doubts which is what actually inspired me to start this thread. I'm tired of hearing that it's a scam which is why I'm trying to reach out to anyone who has been taking it and getting results. So can you please tell me where you bought the vitamin C crystals? Just recently someone told me that vitamin C in tablet form isn't as effective. I don't know how true this is. But i wouldn't mind trying it in another form. Lately I've been thinking of increasing my gluta and vitamin C dosage because I feel like I've reached a lightening plateau. Maybe there is a thread in here about reaching a plateau. Oh and congrats on getting back on vitamin C. I think that vitamin is is crucial especially when it comes to lightening. I've never had the bleached out look due to my vitamin C intake so no one can ever tell that I've lighten unless they knew me before.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Been on vit c, makari pills and jarrows glutha since january and i have retained my color. I know this because i reduced topical application to once a day and just started back on twice a day yesterday. i travelled twice and stayed 10 days without the pills or lotion and i didn't darken.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been on vit c, makari pills and jarrows glutha since january and i have retained my color. I know this because i reduced topical application to once a day and just started back on twice a day yesterday. i travelled twice and stayed 10 days without the pills or lotion and i didn't darken.
Hey can you please tell us more about the makati pills?

·
Registered
877 Posts
to be honest i can't say if its worth it or not just that i chose to take them all together. Another thing worth mentioning is that i take 2000mg of gluta and 2000mg of vit c and two of the makari pills. Take them last thing at night all at once

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hey @nwababy. . So can you please tell me where you bought the vitamin C crystals? Just recently someone told me that vitamin C in tablet form isn't as effective. I don't know how true this is. But i wouldn't mind trying it in another form. Lately I've been thinking of increasing my gluta and vitamin C dosage because I feel like I've reached a lightening plateau. Maybe there is a thread in here about reaching a plateau. Oh and congrats on getting back on vitamin C. I think that vitamin is is crucial especially when it comes to lightening. I've never had the bleached out look due to my vitamin C intake so no one can ever tell that I've lighten unless they knew me before.
I got my VitC and Jarrow Reduced Gluta from Vitacost.com. They carry diff brands of supplement and from reviews they appear affordable. When you are on the site you'd. Find diff brands of supps but I heard Source Naturals Vit C crystal is best so I got it and loved it. I'd. Say the crystals work better for me.
to be honest i can't say if its worth it or not just that i chose to take them all together. Another thing worth mentioning is that i take 2000mg of gluta and 2000mg of vit c and two of the makari pills. Take them last thing at night all at once
Hey hun, ithink its best you break down your dosage to 1000mg gluta, 1000mg Vit AM and same PM. This is best dear. My eldeer Brother is a licencsed Doc and told me its best to feed. The body with. Medications or supplements like that, more like s sustained. Release.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks for the info. But I agree with @nwababy. You should spread out your dosages during the day. You will get better results that way. I'm still on 1000 mg of gluta a day and I want to increase it to 1500mg, because I want to spend less time rubbing creams, but that would mean I'll have to take extra vitamin C. On the glutathione thread someone said that you have to take twice the amount of vitamin C when you're taking oral gluta. For example, when I raise my gluta dosages to 1500mg, I'll have to increase my vitamin C to 3000mg I'm not ready to increase my dosage yet because that would cost me more money and I'll have to get the bigger bottle of gluta. I'm waiting till the end of the month because I should have more money by then. This skin lightening business sure is expensive! Lol I'm still undecided though because I plan to take my gluta and vitamin C combo for a long time. I believe in a couple years time i will be a few shades lighter. Most people aren't willing to wait years to see lightening results, but I've seen some celebs lighten drastically over the years but people didn't really notice because it was such a slow and gradual process. Check out Diana Ross' before and after.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I got my VitC and Jarrow Reduced Gluta from Vitacost.com. They carry diff brands of supplement and from reviews they appear affordable. When you are on the site you'd. Find diff brands of supps but I heard Source Naturals Vit C crystal is best so I got it and loved it. I'd. Say the crystals work better for me. Hey hun, ithink its best you break down your dosage to 1000mg gluta, 1000mg Vit AM and same PM. This is best dear. My eldeer Brother is a licencsed Doc and told me its best to feed. The body with. Medications or supplements like that, more like s sustained. Release.
Abu mu a doc in training u like your bro who is done. Yes dear I know that. You know one of those things we do knowing it's not best for us. I know better just that am lazy to take pills twice s day. But I have been thinking on it we shall see maybe I shall start today. Thanks dear.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
diana ross used to be dark skinned??????i had my eyes wide open cant believe she was that dark....
Yes Diana Ross was a lot darker back in the day but a lot of people don't know this especially since most of her old pics from the 60s and some of the 70s are black and white. But she was definitely darker. He transformation is inspirational and she is still my skin lightening idol. Whatever she did, it was definitely done right. Way better than Michael Jackson.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
3shadeslighter Thanx So much for this thread! From my personal experience, I 'll say gluta pills work. I take the Jarrow 500mg am and 500mg pm with H&B vit C 1000mg am nd pm, Alpha lipoic acid, which I stopped abt a month ago. I definitely noticed my skin becoming smoother, I promise u, I wld touch my skin and touch it again, not believing how smooth to the touch my skin is. I bought Relumins gluta as well, but I know I will stick with the Jarrow.

1 - 20 of 1410 Posts