Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the azelaic acid from the ordinary. its supposed to get rid of dark spots and even out skin tone and brighten it overall. ive also read that azelaic acid is good at lightening up, but i doubt for the ordinary brands case. im just trying to see if it can help the texture of my skin and my marks and make me even toned. if anyone has tried it or knows anyone who has, what do you guys think of it? is it worth the buy?

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
Azelaic Acid is a great acid, works great for pigmentation. I haven't use the Ordinarys before but have use MUAC and love it. Its mild but works great, and even better for acne prone!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Azelaic Acid is a great acid, works great for pigmentation. I haven't use the Ordinarys before but have use MUAC and love it. Its mild but works great, and even better for acne prone!
that’s amazing! I’ll look into MUAC’s. What was the percentage of the acid in that one? TO’s is 10% I believe

·
Registered
84 Posts
TO Azelaic Acid is very decent. I currently started to use Aziderm 20% azelaic acid about 3x a week. I will update you if I notice any changes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TO Azelaic Acid is very decent. I currently started to use Aziderm 20% azelaic acid about 3x a week. I will update you if I notice any changes.
omg pleaseee. that would be amazing. i think the only problem i have with TO's AA is that the bottle is SUPER tiny. but i hear that AA works wonders for evening the skin and getting rid of marks and scars which i desperately need. how much was the aziderm for you?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the azelaic acid from the ordinary. its supposed to get rid of dark spots and even out skin tone and brighten it overall. ive also read that azelaic acid is good at lightening up, but i doubt for the ordinary brands case. im just trying to see if it can help the texture of my skin and my marks and make me even toned. if anyone has tried it or knows anyone who has, what do you guys think of it? is it worth the buy?
I tried it but my skin is itching a lot, so I stop.

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
that’s amazing! I’ll look into MUAC’s. What was the percentage of the acid in that one? TO’s is 10% I believe
Its 40%, it comes in 22% as well. Its a Platinum Peel, not MUAC, I pulled it out to see ck the % today. You will find Azelaic Acid in lots of lightening creams as well, just read the ingredient listing. Its great for pigmentation issues.

There is also a prescribed cream called Finacea, which works great too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its 40%, it comes in 22% as well. Its a Platinum Peel, not MUAC, I pulled it out to see ck the % today. You will find Azelaic Acid in lots of lightening creams as well, just read the ingredient listing. Its great for pigmentation issues.

There is also a prescribed cream called Finacea, which works great too.
thank you im going to check those out too!!!

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
I used the Finacea Azelaic acid 15% a long time ago and immediately upon application the redness in my skin went away, however, I didn’t stick with it for long because it would itch or I would feel irritation. Azelaic acid is an unsung hero in terms of anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, anti aging, anti acne, antioxidant and the list goes on, it is an acid derived from wheat. I’ve recently used a compounded formula from Curology with Azelaic acid 5%, niacinamide 5% and retin a .05% and the irritation wasn’t as bad but once in a while I would get bumps so I switched back to just using regular retin a and ditching curology and my skin went back to clean and clear. Azelaic can cause irritation for some like me but it’s an amazing ingredient.

·
Registered
84 Posts
omg pleaseee. that would be amazing. i think the only problem i have with TO's AA is that the bottle is SUPER tiny. but i hear that AA works wonders for evening the skin and getting rid of marks and scars which i desperately need. how much was the aziderm for you?
I don't remember the price but it's not expensive. I heard AA is good for getting rid of PIH and uneven skin, but doesn't change your natural skin colour. I like it because it smooths out the skin and helps with texture irregularaties. Of course don't expect the same results as a good chemical peel or retin-A. However, 15-20% is prescription for a reason, because it works well for acne and redness.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't remember the price but it's not expensive. I heard AA is good for getting rid of PIH and uneven skin, but doesn't change your natural skin colour. I like it because it smooths out the skin and helps with texture irregularaties. Of course don't expect the same results as a good chemical peel or retin-A. However, 15-20% is prescription for a reason, because it works well for acne and redness.
is retin-a said to combat the same problems as AA? if so ill look into that as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
is retin-a said to combat the same problems as AA? if so ill look into that as well
Yes but retin-A is better and more potent. Retin-a is great for anti-aging and prevention. But like with all prescription products, you need to take caution (sun protection, usage and sensitivity, general skin health).

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
No, ...... RA protects the skin’s fibroblasts and induces collagen production which can be seen by thickening of the skin. Basically RA is protecting and rebuilding the foundation of the skin to give it a smoother appearance and plumping of the skin.

AA inhibits tyrosinase, an enzyme that helps with melanin production, it could also help fade dark spots. It does nothing for cell turn over and doesn't induce collagen production.

AA is great for sensitive skin as its mild. RA is not a great choice for sensitive skin.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've used on and off , for like 3 years now, Azealic acid is great, the ordinary product is okay, it works, but its silicone based and can be heavy on the skin and it piles easily ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts