Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

im not sure if this belongs in the basic skincare forum or the acne forum, but if either one works it can be moved to whichever one it belongs to!

ive seen this one girl use the ordinary's glycolic acid toner for the textured skin on her forehead and it cleared it all up for her so now its baby smooth. she said she used it every night on a fresh cleaned face and wore sunscreen daily (especially since glycolic acid is a AHA/BHA so it makes your skin a little photosensitive). she said she got her results in less than a month too. i wanted to ask if anyone has used this product and has seen good results on it or not? whatre your opinions on it? thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey all!

im not sure if this belongs in the basic skincare forum or the acne forum, but if either one works it can be moved to whichever one it belongs to!

ive seen this one girl use the ordinary's glycolic acid toner for the textured skin on her forehead and it cleared it all up for her so now its baby smooth. she said she used it every night on a fresh cleaned face and wore sunscreen daily (especially since glycolic acid is a AHA/BHA so it makes your skin a little photosensitive). she said she got her results in less than a month too. i wanted to ask if anyone has used this product and has seen good results on it or not? whatre your opinions on it? thanks!
I heard very good things about the ordinary glycolic acid, it has the perfect pH too. If you're looking for a body lotion, I recommend the Alpha line. It's a US brand so you'll be able to find it easily.

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
I've tried many of their products but not their toner. If your looking for a great toner for keeping your pores clean, use ACV mixed with equal parts of distilled water. It works amazing. The other toner I would recommend is alcohol free Witch Hazel. Both work equally as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
@gymrat heard great things about TO glycolic toner and also from @chiny. I'm currently using the Thayers toner following your recommendation and i love it! i am thinking to amp things up a bit with this for my hormonal acne scars, melasma and dark bumps around my bikini line (no more shaving for me that's for sure!). I'm using TO vitamin c suspension 23% and I might incorporate after some weeks. Can I also use it to fade my dark circles? What do you think?

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
@gymrat heard great things about TO glycolic toner and also from @chiny. I'm currently using the Thayers toner following your recommendation and i love it! i am thinking to amp things up a bit with this for my hormonal acne scars, melasma and dark bumps around my bikini line (no more shaving for me that's for sure!). I'm using TO vitamin c suspension 23% and I might incorporate after some weeks. Can I also use it to fade my dark circles? What do you think?
Happy your loving the Witch Hazel, its such an easy product to incorporate, who doesn't love a simple toner they can find rather easy (y)yes you can use Vit C to help fade dark circles. Use it after you use the toner.

If you wanted to step things up a bit after your finished with your Thayers, try some ACV, it will REALLY help with the acne. It will dry things up quickly.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Happy your loving the Witch Hazel, its such an easy product to incorporate, who doesn't love a simple toner they can find rather easy (y)yes you can use Vit C to help fade dark circles. Use it after you use the toner.

If you wanted to step things up a bit after your finished with your Thayers, try some ACV, it will REALLY help with the acne. It will dry things up quickly.
I know right? Totally love a stress free toner.
Thanks for the tip on ACV!
I think I still want my Thayers as an everyday toner then bring in ACV to spot treat my acne, since I really just get those during PMS/period. I really need to even out my hyperpigmentation and melasma which is what I'm hoping with alternating the vitamin c and glycolic toner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts