Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new member and for 8 months now I've been desperately trying to research and find a really good skin lightener, and unfortunately to this date with no success. I'm currently using meladerm and just ordered a SW+SS bar with the hope that it will work (fingers crossed).

I'd like to know if anyone has found any facial skin lighteners that really work for them and that provide actual whitening results?

All replies much appreciated

·
Registered
88 Posts
i'm not really sure man, from other peoples reactions, i think hydroquine is the real and dangerous way to see results. But mideaswell try the hydroquine-free creams first.
and do you mind updating me on your results with Meladerm. I want to try out the cream
but 50+shipping is quite expensive.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks 4 the reply Proscons. I've tried meladerm for almost 2 weeks now and I have to say I do see a difference (it does actually give you some lightening). The problem though is that the 1.5 oz lasted only 2 weeks for me =( That being said, you should give it a try if you believe it's worth your money. Also I have quite sensitive skin and it did not do any damage so that's always good, at least if it doesn't do anything it won't damage your skin!

I'm in Australia and I think hydroquine products are banned. What about SK-II products or clinque even skin tone corrector? Have you tried these products, I'll like to know if they work?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have yet to touch such products. I've done plenty of research on hydroquine and all other harmful chemicals that are in skin lightening creams and I am just not ready to try them yet... and sky09 if you ever choose tooo use skII or hydroQ... always remember to use it in the winter when theres less sun!
after trying products such as meladerm (that has given you results!), SkinBright, and revitol, with recieving little to no success i will atempt the use of hydroQ in the right time and place.
thanks for the meladerm update to btw!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hydroquinone can be very dangerous & you guys are wise to be cautious. Remember, though, that the people who experienced severe reactions were those 'do -it-yourselfers' who were abusing it: not using it. Mixing it with household bleach, lemon juice or other acids, applying it several times daily, using sometimes 20% concentrations (like Benoquin cream) or using combinations of all sorts of products. It is a wonder they have any skin left at all! Give it a try & watch your skin carefully. If it itches, burns or raises a rash, it is NOT for you. Nothing works for everyone; not even Aspirin.

Many people falsely believe that when a product really burns it is a sign that it is working. Do not believe this myth. It is a sign that your skin is being damaged!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts