Skin Care Talk banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

Registered
Thank you for highlighting this.
I am not really interested in this SLC whitening capsule, as I don鈥檛 know enough about the contents of it.
I prefer to stick to my Acetyl Gluthatione and Liposomal Vitamin C, which I get from a verified pharmacy.
It's okay to use glutathione but this is not in a pharmacy even "verified" that you will get a dosage of acetyl glutathione that will lighten your black skin. I don't know what is your goal though.
If it's just to lose 1/2 shade and some slight glow,it's okay added with some exfoliation.

But if you want more, you need at least 2000 mg/day to get a results if you are black and I don't know any pharmacy that sell 1000 mg/2000 mg dosage.
Why do black girls want to lighten their skin with white people dosages and/or methods?
These products usually are not designed for our skins that contain way more melanin than theirs.

I've seen Caucasian girls becoming pale white with only 200 mg of glutathione by IV , and South asian girls with 600 mg, but for black skins you need at least 2000-2400 mg, preferably 3000 mg.

If some black person says they are getting results with a very small dosage of glutathione, you can bet they are rubbing some cream and using soap along with the glutathione thinking they just help the glutathione but in fact it's the cream/soap doing all the work.

I used acetyl glutathione for 9 months and got results but it was 2000 mg at first, then 4000 mg/day. I bought 1 kg off alibaba and did my own capsules. Under 2000 mg was useless.
Plus acetyl glutathione is a very sensitive antioxidant. It reacts negatively at any chemical. I even had to change my soap because it wouldn't work with sodium laureth sulfate. Couldn't drink alcohol or use certain supplements, and If i had a bad night, my skin would be dull the day after.
And the cherry on the cake, I lost all my results in just 2 weeks of vacation in Africa and came back darker then ever.
If I want to compare, L glutathione is a better lightener than S acetyl glutathione because it is less sensitive and the results are more pronounced and stable.

Go for glutathione, but if you want to see results, you need to do it the right way otherwise, it's just a waste of money.

Registered
View attachment 68139

Hey ladies, what鈥檚 your take on this supplement. After finding out about the SLC, I started doing research and found this:

Sodium/potassium/calcium exchanger 5 (NCKX5), also known as solute carrier family 24 member 5 (SLC24A5), is a protein that in humans is encoded by the SLC24A5 genethat has a major influence on natural skin colour variation.

Would love to know your thoughts 馃挱
Ah great find. But this is not what I've used although they described perfectly the how it does work. The packaging is nice too.

I have to add many good products, you won't find them on internet. Some are , some are not. Doesn't mean they are not good.
The best cream I've ever used was done by some auntie in my church who didn't even know how to use internet. The complexion it gave me was out of this world. After she stopped making creams , I tried many brands or mixes on online stores but never got the same results.

Same for glutathione IV, the brand that gave me the best results was sold by a French seller by words of mouth. And it was frequently out of stock. Tried 3 other brands (Glutax, Venisci and another brand i don't remember the name, it was a reputable brand but the liquid was pink and it gaves me rashes ) after that but same, it didn't work as good as this one.

Registered
Ah great find. But this is not what I've used although they described perfectly the how it does work. The packaging is nice too.

I have to add many good products, you won't find them on internet. Some are , some are not. Doesn't mean they are not good.
The best cream I've ever used was done by some auntie in my church who didn't even know how to use internet. The complexion it gave me was out of this world. After she stopped making creams , I tried many brands or mixes on online stores but never got the same results.

Same for glutathione IV, the brand that gave me the best results was sold by a French seller by words of mouth. And it was frequently out of stock. Tried 3 other brands (Glutax, Venisci and another brand i don't remember the name, it was a reputable brand but the liquid was pink and it gaves me rashes ) after that but same, it didn't work as good as this one.
Thank you for the response. I鈥檝e inboxes you hun, I hope you saw it. Did you know what the auntie from church mixed & also the brand glutathione iv

Registered
Thank you for the response. I鈥檝e inboxes you hun, I hope you saw it. Did you know what the auntie from church mixed & also the brand glutathione iv
No, must have missed it .Let me check out my PM.

And for the auntie, no, nobody knew what she was using. Just that it worked and smelled good like cocoa butter. It gave a high yellow complexion with a yellow undertone. No knuckles, everything was even from head to toe.
She said it was all natural lol but it's not possible because of the fast results it provided . I know she was mixing some serums because when she discontinued the cream, she said (she forgot her own narrative) that the serums she were using had been discontinued by the manufacturers. So unfortunately I will never know. Now that I think of it, I knew where she lived, I should had go by night checking her dumpster outside her house to find the empty bottles she was mixing with ha ha. Talk about craziness.

And for the glutathione brand , the name was MKR advanced skin therapy. It wasn't sold on internet ( especially since glutathione injections are forbidden in the EU for skin whitening purpose).

Registered
No, must have missed it .Let me check out my PM.

And for the auntie, no, nobody knew what she was using. Just that it worked and smelled good like cocoa butter. It gave a high yellow complexion with a yellow undertone. No knuckles, everything was even from head to toe.
She said it was all natural lol but it's not possible because of the fast results it provided . I know she was mixing some serums because when she discontinued the cream, she said (she forgot her own narrative) that the serums she were using had been discontinued by the manufacturers. So unfortunately I will never know. Now that I think of it, I knew where she lived, I should had go by night checking her dumpster outside her house to find the empty bottles she was mixing with ha ha. Talk about craziness.

And for the glutathione brand , the name was MKR advanced skin therapy. It wasn't sold on internet ( especially since glutathione injections are forbidden in the EU for skin whitening purpose).
Thank you so much my love 馃槏 & lol at looking at her dumpster 馃ぃ The things we will do for skincare

so aside from SLC which supplements have you used (Inc brand name) worked best for you and why? I know you mentioned about the S-Acetyl, that is what I currently used but summer I lost almost all my results which is why I was so intrigued on the SLC.

also I noticed a change in the S-Acetyl coz it was great when I used a certain supplier but they haven鈥檛 had it in stock for so long, that one was goood, I was high yellow and glowing with pinkish lips, but since then I have tried many brands and can鈥檛 say I鈥檓 seeing the difference they make tbh my results are from topicals and MSM which just gives me a glow as I鈥檓 taking only 4000mg and I don鈥檛 see myself taking more tbh

Administrator
Now that I think of it, I knew where she lived, I should had go by night checking her dumpster outside her house to find the empty bottles she was mixing with ha ha. Talk about craziness.
:LOL: THIS I would have done, oh........the things we do, some won't ever understand the great lengths we go through for our skin.

Registered
@Temarinette girl you are right about slc24a5 i was in France at the start of the new year and my cousin threw a new years eve party and one girl actually spoke about it during dinner because she was told how her skin has gone a lot paler she originates from india and she used to be a lot more on the brown side which is why people asked. she was not afraid to give her opinion and told everyone what she was using and she got the best results with that. however she also said why dont people have anything to say when girls tan themselves etc she went on a whole rant but i agree with her and yall would to. but just wanted to say i do think its going to be the new big thing

81 - 90 of 90 Posts