Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been advised to have a thermage facial treatment and do not know whether to go ahead. Does it work? Does it have any detrimental effect.
I am concerened as I have read that it can melt layers of skin. I would be grateful for any comments and advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried Thermage and did not notice a change in skin elasticity (3 treatments)...no skin tightening. I did get a small scar where the Dr. hit me twice with the laser and it scabbed over and made a cross scar...so tell your Dr. to pay attention to what their doing. I never went back to her of course. My best advice to get a great Dermatologist....Skin Doctor....who trials these laser's first and won't buy it till it shows significant results....i'm still waiting and so is my Dr. But until this happens i would use good o'l retinol and exfoliate your skin with a high quality facial peel at home type....I love skin creams with papaya and i use a peel with it....try for the more natural ingredients along with peptides. I add EGF which make my skin feel great @ 48. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been advised to have a thermage facial treatment and do not know whether to go ahead. Does it work? Does it have any detrimental effect.
I am concerened as I have read that it can melt layers of skin. I would be grateful for any comments and advice.
I did two of them, and I didn't like the results, I also did not like the 2 days of hiding (VERY RED and acne caused from it)...along with keeping ice
packs on my face for 12 hours, and lots of pain. I prefered Trinity Laser, go to web sites where you ask for comparisons - - ask things like Is Thermage Laser or Refirm Laser better? You'll find sites with lots of blogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts