Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My name is Juliane .I am 45 years ols and have just had a 3 rd baby,yes a pleasant suprise.I now have loose skin on my stomach although I am not overweight. Can someone who has had Thermage tell me if it really works to tighten your skin or whether I am wasting my money.
Would appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome juliane...congratulations on the baby! I don't use Thermage but there are others on this forum that will be able to help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Juliane, welcome and congratulations on the baby. Hope you will spend many happy hours with all the Skin Care Talk buddies.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi juliane and welcome!

I did a quick search to see what has been said in the past on this site about Thermage.
It seems some like it and some don't, a few even said it was very painful.

Do let us know how you find it if you go ahead.

Congratulations about the Baby.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Thanks for all your kind messages,I havent really been able to get any solid feedback.I am seeing the doctor on Saturday and will see what he has to say. Am looking forward to all the chats

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would say no on the Thermage treatment! There are many other procedures that are less costly and less painful. I have had Thermage and another treatment called Refirme and I much prefer the Refirme! I paid $1,080 for 6 Refirme and $1,999.99 for only one Thermage. The Refirme takes 6 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart where Thermage is supposed to only take one treatment and results will be noticed in about 6 months. The Thermage was very painful for me feeling like an extremely hot electric current, where Refirme felt like a snap or small pinch with nearly no heat. (i think i was so affraid after thermage i created some of the heat sensation in my head, my hands were literally sweating so much i could hardly hold the pen to sign for my treatment) I would never do thermage again but have had refirme on my stomach, face, hands, knees, and thighs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Julianne,
I have had Thermage performed on my face twice over the last couple of years, and I was happy with the result.
Four months after the birth of my second baby I was unhappy with the looseness of skin on my abdomen.
I had no stretch marks.
I was 4 kgs over my ideal weight and had Thermage with the 9cm body tip.
I was very happy and honestly really surprised,my measurements dropped immediately after the treatment by 3cm and continue to improve, now 4 weeks later.
It is a big financial investment but in my personal opinion satisfied with my result.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for your comments,: has helped a lot. I must say that the doctor confirmed with me that it is certainly a painfull procedure and that scares me. I will now investigate the Refirme option. Co Co did you find the procedure painful ? Please keep in touch on how your inprovement goes.

Have a fantastic day from sunny Africa !

it
:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I 've used a Radio Frequency system for skin laxity - Lumenis Aluma. It was used on my face, neck and sagging arms. It is not painful, you need about 6 treatments (depending on the grade of laxity you have) and the results are excellent.
Thermage is mch more painful and extremely expensive.
Aluma used together with the UltraShape focused ultrasound fat removal system works wonders!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Juliane,

I am new to Skin Care talk and would like to introduce myself to you. I am 38 years young and I had the Thermage treatment done on my face and neck, in January 2009. My results are amazing and I look 10 years younger. I would recomend thermage to any body who want lasting results. My skin has improved so much that poeple acctually comment about it. Ilove it, and feel great!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks so much for your comments,: has helped a lot. I must say that the doctor confirmed with me that it is certainly a painfull procedure and that scares me. I will now investigate the Refirme option. Co Co did you find the procedure painful ? Please keep in touch on how your inprovement goes.

Have a fantastic day from sunny Africa !

it
:
but i somewhere have read that after 6-7 months undergoing thermage (when its effects are gone) skin looks fae much older

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not quite sure since i haven't known anyone who had it done but i found an interesting final thought on an article i found in a newsletter:::

Though ThermageÂae looks like an effective and simple treatment, the excessive expense combined with the familiar promises combine to dampen the overall effect. In other words, ThermageÂae looks like just another expensive option for something that will, in the end, fail. $1,000-5,000 is a lot to spend to fight aging. But if you’re still interested in the battle, we’d recommend shopping for a product containing Hyaluronic Acid, Argireline or Matrixyl 3000. These cost less and are still effective. ThermageÂae might work, but it won’t work forever.
Negatives

Expensive: $1,000-5,000.
Limited availability depending on location.
Just more familiar promises in the long and losing fight with aging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Julianne,
It is now 6 weeks post my Thermage and my results are still improving.
Certain spots were uncomfortable but for me it was not as painful as Laser for Hair Removal or IPL.
As far as I am aware Thermage is the deepest form of tissue heating available and being a busy Mum + working it was the perfect one time treatment for me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanx for sharing your Thermage results with us Co Co. Glad to hear it's working well for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your message,I have weighed up all the responses and have decided not to go for the treatment.This site has been most useful !
I will be in touch on other issues.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i had done thermage twice,it really makes difference in your skin,it tightens it up and even pores become smaller ,only it is very painful and hard to tolerate,and what i noticed that it hollows your cheeks,it was observation of my friend who had the same treatment,but she kind of liked it because she has a wide structure of the face,my face is oval and i didnt need this hollow-cheeked look,so keep it in consideration when u decide on treatment,actually now i m looking for a way to refill them back

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanx for the info angelica. BTW you look good to me, but hope you are able to achieve the look you are after.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Juliane Have just read your question about Thermage. I had this treatmemnt on my face and neck 2 years ago. It was incredibly expensive - about £3000 - and there was NO RESULT AT ALL. The practitioner tried to persuade me there was a difference, but there just was not. I do think some people have a good result, but my experience was a disaster. It was also very painful - not at first, but by the end of the treatment. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

My name is Juliane .I am 45 years ols and have just had a 3 rd baby,yes a pleasant suprise.I now have loose skin on my stomach although I am not overweight. Can someone who has had Thermage tell me if it really works to tighten your skin or whether I am wasting my money.
Would appreciate any feedback.
wasting your money

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks for all of the input re thermage...I was going to have it but not now...too painful and too expensive...and for what!!!$$$ in the doctor's pocket

1 - 20 of 23 Posts