Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my hair is really thick and gets poofy and frizzy when i blowdry, so i hate blowdrying. and my sister does the blowdrying anyways, so i know its being done right. my question is how do i get silky smooth flat hair? is their a good product that can be recommended for me? oh plus i have very sensitive skin and get rashes easily and dandruff!!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well I just learned of one...but it's like $700 - yes $700. But your hair looks like glass and is so silky soft and you can wash and it will dry flat and shiney as glass with no fuss or muss. But the price....man, but the people who have done it really love it.

It's called Japenese Hair Straightening. See results here: HERE

·
Registered
582 Posts
Do you ever try to flatiron it?

They have product for hair like yours....

Sleek looks by Matrix (awesome stuff for smoothing)
Butter Treat by Redken

Also, you could try using Chi oil (It's like Biosilk only better) and Chi flatiron. They are both miracle workers! Everyone who uses Chi loves it to death, even those w/ the thickest fullest hair. No joke.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you ever try to flatiron it?

They have product for hair like yours....

Sleek looks by Matrix (awesome stuff for smoothing)
Butter Treat by Redken

Also, you could try using Chi oil (It's like Biosilk only better) and Chi flatiron. They are both miracle workers! Everyone who uses Chi loves it to death, even those w/ the thickest fullest hair. No joke.
isnt the chi stuff really expensive?
oh and the butter treat by redken made my hair feel scratchy

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have heard really great things about the Chi oil and the Chi flatiron. But becareful not to put it too close to your head...ooouuuccchhh!! I have also seen the results of that Japanese straightening first hand (have a friend who does it) and boy oh boy does it look like silk and it always looks nice and shiney. So if you're on a budget you decide what's best.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If it made your hair scratchy, don't use it. Not all products are made for everyone. Personally, I don't think Chi is that expensive. I usually spend around that much on products normally. The Chi flatiron is around $120 or a person w/out a license and the oil ranges in price depending on size.

Of course don't put it too close! No flatiron should be that near your scalp! My retarded cousin burned herself doing this. Chi IS worth it. You get salon results at home if done right.

The Japanese straightening system is NOT for everyone. Even though a few of my friends got it done safely, there still are people whose hair falls out bcuz of the system. Even after you get it done, you have to go back to get it redone after a while. (New growth) It's actually a waste of money when a relaxer does the exact same thing for a lower price w/ out side effects IF the right person does it. Remember, just bcuz someone has a cosmetology license does not mean they are a good hair stylist.

Wooh that was a lot!

·
Registered
360 Posts
daiyumi have you heard of a Infra flatiron? im not sure if thats the brand name, but thats what it had written on it.

anyways, if you have, what do you think of it and how does it compare to the Chi. my friend said the Infra one shes lending to me was really expensive, but i dont know what 'expensive' means to her.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Chi uses Infra red heat if thats what you're talking about. Chi is seriously excellent! So most likely the one you're talking about is Chi, since a lot of their products say Infra on it. Is it black and has like a gold plating? The only reason I recommend Chi is because it gets hot within seconds and hot enough to straighten the hair and 'seal' the cuticles. Also, the standard Chi doesn't get too hot so that it burns your hair. It stays within a good range and its smooth! Trust me, I've bought and tried lots of brands and Chi works well on any hair. Plus the plate doesn't pull your hair like some do. Chi comes in so many different varieties and versions... Plus they have oil that doesn't wiegh down and smooths, shampoo, conditioner, and other products!

·
Registered
360 Posts
well this Infra one goes up to 400 degrees and does heat up immediately, but it is not tooooo much better than my Revlon one. except my Revlon one broke after only like a year :/

they both leave (or in my Revlon's case-- 'left') a smooth, silky non-frizzy effect on my hair. oh well, maybe my friend will forget i have hers and ill just keep it forever! :p

·
Registered
360 Posts
i know!! but really, it doesnt feel too much hotter than my old revlon one.
and just kidding about the flatiron! i wouldnt do that to my friends!! cuz this flatiron really belongs to my SISTER'S FRIEND! hahahaha. :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey daiyumi thanks for recommending the chi flatiron! i just got it and it was really expensive for $180 but consider me converted!!! this thing makes my hair so silky smooth!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts