Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey has any1 heard of DR Thienna products? after seeing her results it seems very convincing.. please reply and leme knw wat u think of it shouls i or should i not purchase??.. many thanks xx

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Save your money, Thienna is nothing but another fraud. She claims to have lightened from a dark brown to an high olive european complexion from just using 6000mgs of MSM daily and applying topical MSM for 2 years. MSM will not take you higher than a BRIGHTENING effect, my neighbor has a tan complexion and she has been taking MSM for her joints and arthritis (the same one you take for lightening) for 5 years, 2000mgs of MSM and her spots/discolorations were gone in 1 year but she never got as light and almost paper white as Dr. Thienna.

I believe its sad that people who successfully lighten like Dr. Thienna profit from products that do not live up to its claims. There were many dermatologists that commented that Thienna used some sort of topical lightening cream to achieve that dramatic transformation b/c MSM will not take you that far.

btw. there are only three well known people in this world who achieved total depigmentation:
1. Michael Jackson
2. Dr. Thienna Ho
and I forget the third one maybe someone can help me out.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
241 Posts
thienna's main ingredient is msm, at least her skin lightening tablets are. I dont know much about the rest of her products, however her supplements are overpriced if msm is all you get, any health store supplies it. I personally take msm, not in megadoses like some people so have'nt seen anything by way of skin lightening. I have read about people who have megadosed on msm on a few boards, some have seen their melasma disappear, not a head to toe skin lightening though, on the other hand other users saw nothing.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The 3rd is Vikki Ashley BUt there have been others too. I do not believe Dr.Ho's claim that she did this with diet alone. She fudges a lot of the science & makes claims not supported by the research. She looks like someone who used either mono20% or a high dose HQ regimen. If her well known method (publ. in her book) worked, it would revolutionize medicine & the treatment of vitiligo patients. Despite that, no research or studies either support, recommend or have replicated her results.

Eartha Kitt, a now dead singer, was decidedly a FitzV when her career began. You can see her on the cover of a LIfe mag. from the 1960's on Google Images. By the time she died, she had become a Fitz II. Tina Turner was a dark Fitz V almost a VI when her career began. Look at her now! Somehow megadosing on some supplement to lighten melasma strikes me as trying to kill a mosquito with a deer rifle! A few weeks of Tri-Luma OR the HQ4%/RA regimen will do it. Typically, these mega-dose regimens are discovered to be unhealthy.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
So know matter how much MSM a person takes they will be unable to lighten a few shades? Not even potent MSM for horses?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ITS SOOO FRUSTRATING...i actually thort her method worked.. thank god for this website!!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It is really tough navigating through all the confuding & conflicting claims. Every day, some other company emerges making extravagant claims. This site gives each of us several estra sets of eyes & several extra brains. Being here definitely makes it easier.

·
Registered
172 Posts
MSM does brighten and redden, and makes the skin MUCH healthier and softer... but it absolutely will not give you Thienna's pasty white complexion. I believe that MSM does work, to a degree, but Thienna claiming to have lightened that much on MSM alone is BS.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
MSM & Joints | Information, Benefits, Research | MSMGuide.com

Here's a link to a site about MSM designed to provide well supported info. They make a clear distinction between what are known (scientifically verifiable) facts & what is anecdotal. Note that they provide NO EVIDENCE either anecdotal or scientific that MSM lightens skin at all. They say that there is 'extensive anecdotal' evidence that MSM makes the hair shinier, the nails less brittle & the skin more supple. There are many links on the site you can follow to learn even more. HTH!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
To think about it, I never seen any one else's before and after photos from using MSM to lighten. Not even on the Thienna site, theres only of her but not of the customers. Well, I guess it can be seen as a great supplement to add to the beauty regimen that you cvan get from the store, but no drastic lightening. Those who used MSM can you tell me what brand of MSM you used and how many mg?

·
Registered
172 Posts
There isn't any brand. You can just go into any health or herbal store and buy it. I can't remember how many mg a day to take... but I took around 3-5 table spoons a day. It took a few weeks to notice some skin and hair changes. I was especially pleased about my hair being softer, since Asians have naturally thicker hair, which makes it really annoying and brittle if you have short hair, and it goes all fuzzy when it's wet.

IMPORTANT: If you take the powder, you must take it with orange juice. The taste of it is bitter enough to make you vomit, and orange juice is the only thing that negates the horrible taste.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It was only in a powder, but when I mixed it with any drink, it just tasted awful. It tastes like a thousand cloves of garlic crushed into a fine powder. When I tried it with anything other than orange juice, I almost threw up from it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Wow! Mine doesn't taste like that at all!!! It just really tastes like flat mineral water to me. I just mix it with cold water and I don't mind the taste at all! I actually quite enjoy drinking it now
. I started on it because of a book excerpt I was sent 'Melasma - Is this the Clear Solution' by Vanessa Wild (thought maybe I had Melasma back then, now I know it's just sun damage). Anyway, it was VERY convincing. If nothing else, it's supposed to be very good for my body.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Wow! Mine doesn't taste like that at all!!! It just really tastes like flat mineral water to me. I just mix it with cold water and I don't mind the taste at all! I actually quite enjoy drinking it now
. I started on it because of a book excerpt I was sent 'Melasma - Is this the Clear Solution' by Vanessa Wild (thought maybe I had Melasma back then, now I know it's just sun damage). Anyway, it was VERY convincing. If nothing else, it's supposed to be very good for my body.
Yes, I have also saw this book online. I was reading through it a couple of days ago and it has a lot of good information too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts