Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Has anyone come across a good product made especially for women with thinning hair?
I would look for a Hair & Scalp Revitalizer. We do have one...which is all natural....but I won't advertise it here....don't want to spam everyone (just PM me if you have questions).

Do a search....look for hair and scalp revitalizer.

Do NOTE: anything you do try....will take time. That's the sucky part, you won't know off the bat, unless you know someone that it has actaully worked on. AND THEN....every person is different. What works for one, may not work for another. It could take months to see a difference (even upto 4-6 or more months). If you think about it, you may see some baby hair growing in areas....but to notice your hair looking, not so thin, it will take time.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nioxin is good. They sell it in a lot of stores or you can go to their website. I only know its good bcuz I've used it before along w/ almost all of their products except for hairspray of course!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Look for a product with decongesting ingrediants in it. If you're pores or folicles are clogged up from product build-up and residue (which can lead to thinning hair or hair loss - along with something known as DHT). If your hair is oily...you could also try one of the 3 clarifying shampoos (our MakeupTalk Hair Expert suggests)....
1. Paul Mitchell "Three" shampoo
2. John Freida "Cool Dip" shampoo &
3. Prell shampoo (the original green one)​
These are great clarifiers to get rid of all the gunk.... I wouldn't use these everyday... but at least 2x a week. On the other days, I would use a gentle shampoo & conditioner that isn't very thick or creamy. A lot of creamy ones have a waxy by-product that coats the hair and can leave it dirty looking and limp. Definitly not the greatest thing for oily hair. Check out "BIGSEXYHAIR" shampoo & conditioner by Sexy Hair concepts... they should give you nice volume without weighing hair down.

This was taken from a post from another user (again on another forum) asking our hair expert the same question about thinning hair....hope it helps.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Those are some good cleansing products. I was just suggesting the Nioxin bcuz its good at cleansing w/ out stripping the hair of natural oils like a lot of clarifying shampoos. It also promotes a clean healthy scalp area to promote the growth of the hair. And, it's made for thinning hair or normal hair. You just have to check out their stuff. It's great for thinning edges. With Nioxin, you CAN use it everyday if you wash your hair everyday. NIOXIN? Research Laboratories: Nioxin - Professional products for thinning hair go check out their website and see for yourself or you could go ask your stylist about it or a licensed professional that deals with maintaining and promoting healthy hair growth bcuz, let's face it. ***no offense*** Not all people who do hair are good at it. But clarifying shampoos only cleanse the hair and don't really do much else as far as thinning hair. Nioxin is a product I can truly recommend if you have thinning hair.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those are some good cleansing products. I was just suggesting the Nioxin bcuz its good at cleansing w/ out stripping the hair of natural oils like a lot of clarifying shampoos. It also promotes a clean healthy scalp area to promote the growth of the hair. And, it's made for thinning hair or normal hair. You just have to check out their stuff. It's great for thinning edges. With Nioxin, you CAN use it everyday if you wash your hair everyday. NIOXIN? Research Laboratories: Nioxin - Professional products for thinning hair go check out their website and see for yourself or you could go ask your stylist about it or a licensed professional that deals with maintaining and promoting healthy hair growth bcuz, let's face it. ***no offense*** Not all people who do hair are good at it. But clarifying shampoos only cleanse the hair and don't really do much else as far as thinning hair. Nioxin is a product I can truly recommend if you have thinning hair.
Very good advice and yes....just cuz they have their hair license...doesn't mean they are good....sadly.

As for the Nioxina....I may have to check that out. I only suggested the other ones....I think they are more for people with oily thinning hair and ONLY a couple times a week. So for those that wash their hair every day....the Nioxina might be the better way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts