Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm..she does not! actually the picture graphic is kinda wierd.
hold on let me check again...
yeah she does not look good. i'm talking about the girl in the article.
haha did you she what she said?
and the comments people left?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
wowzers!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Damn those comments are scary!.. and ur right Manay she so does not look good!.. but i guess she`s 1 of those who has overdone it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are you serious ? Has she really lightend.. I remember being in touch with this lady ...
she is rather sweet...

But this picture luks tampered .. or something seems wrong with the pic...

nevertheless she doesnt luk bad post or pre lightening .. she is fine ....

·
Registered
485 Posts
On a typical day, when I wake up, I use warm water and hair removing cream to bathe my skin. Then I go and rub on my stuff, which is a mix of Bioclear oil with the cream.

What?!!!!

Hair removing cream!!! Bioclaire Oil!!!
Oh no she didn't

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm not sure what bad picture everyone talking about because I don't see any but she shouldn't have used those two products one her face.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OK she looks like Buckwheat but she did before the bleaching too. In all respect I do think she did irreversible damage I think she looks very "Michael Jackson" which is a chemically albino and sadly I think there is little that can be done to reverse it. I guess just like with tanning and the irreversible damage risked by the lighter among us to be darker so too are there inherent risks for the darker among us to be lighter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Some factors to consider:

The climate she lives in is very hot, very sunny, very UV-heavy. This is one of the main things that causes HQ to have damaging effects on the skin.

She was using products, the kind where you don't know what could be in them

She used it excessively.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
This is what led to her skin turning green:
1. She used inappropriate bleach creams such as Bio Oil and Hair Removal, wtf? Those are not meant to be used when you are lightening because you dont actually know what is in them since it comes from west africa. If she used HQ then it probably WASNT USP grade which is what the pharmacy sells and the ones we get from ADC.
2. She DIDNT wear sunblock of spf 50+ with Mexoryl SX, XL, Tinosorb, etc. being in the caribbean, you MUST wear sunblock HIGHER than 50.
3. She didnt exfoliate, when you dont exfoliate you have uneven lightening that looks blotchy b/c all the dead skin cells on your face dont fall off together, it goes little by little if you are not exfoliating, thereby, the lightening creams penetrate unevenly.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
524 Posts
she doesnt look much lighter as the article and text claims. she just look like she thinned out her skin with steroids, that's all.

no wonder they lessened the saturation so she looks faded out.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it looks like when she took the picture, the camera i was set in "negative" color effect.
you know how you can change your camera to have the effect of black and white, antique, and stuff like that.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is sooo not pretty. Not liking it at all.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
THIS looks horendous.. i think the picture has been altered. If not she looked WAY better darker...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think she looked much better. She had a radiant chocolate skin tone. Some people are never satisified. Some people don't consider "bleaching" the skin self-hatred but I do, especially that I am of African decent. So, I can personally comprehend the why's of Bleaching the skin. But at the same time, bleaching is not particular to the Black community. In fact, it is big business in Asian countries such as India.

I mean her skin looked even to me so I am thinking she likely felt adequate because of her skin tone or saw a flaw that wasn't there. I mean she says she is beautiful Black or White but her actions say something else. I pity the fool that thinks bleaching your skin will make you beautiful. Sorry, if you have ugly features, your ugly period.
Not saying she is ugly but, er, yeah.

·
Registered
550 Posts
ebonybeauty: you look beautiful but not very nice "Sorry, if you have ugly features, your ugly period. Not saying she is ugly but, er, yeah."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts