Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Type on Facebook, I've deactivated mine because there was too many spam posts and sellers/ads.
I haven’t had a Facebook account since 2007. I wouldn’t even know how to use it lol 🥴. I would be like an old grandma asking a grandchild how to use it 😂.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The reason people get annoyed with lots of questions is that most members here were lurkers before they started posting. In the old days people would start threads contributing new information. For example they would review a product or detail their journey and that’s why this forum worked. When I did my success with steroids forum I first did a lot of research and read though every forum where people used steroids or weaned off of it successfully and I linked and referenced those in my own journey and I added my own spin to it. Or I started the how I got my lips pink thread after I had spent so long on the forum looking for a solution after not finding one I thought what would happened if I did my body routine but on my lips and occluded with vasaline after trial and error I found what worked and shared it with the rest. So that’s why members get annoyed with tons of questions that can be easily searched because back in the day people did they’re research then shared their experiences. If they did ask questions it was usually about a new product that wasn’t discussed as much on or at all on the forum.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The reason people get annoyed with lots of questions is that most members here were lurkers before they started posting. In the old days people would start threads contributing new information. For example they would review a product or detail their journey and that’s why this forum worked. When I did my success with steroids forum I first did a lot of research and read though every forum where people used steroids or weaned off of it successfully and I linked and referenced those in my own journey and I added my own spin to it. Or I started the how I got my lips pink thread after I had spent so long on the forum looking for a solution after not finding one I thought what would happened if I did my body routine but on my lips and occluded with vasaline after trial and error I found what worked and shared it with the rest. So that’s why members get annoyed with tons of questions that can be easily searched because back in the day people did they’re research then shared their experiences. If they did ask questions it was usually about a new product that wasn’t discussed as much on or at all on the forum.
I joined in 2013 but didn’t start posting till like 2015 @Dehum skin light thread is a great example of how to post here. She did her research, decided what products to use and is now detailing her experience and her thread is doing pretty well

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I joined in 2013 but didn’t start posting till like 2015 @Dehum skin light thread is a great example of how to post here. She did her research, decided what products to use and is now detailing her experience and her thread is doing pretty well
Both of you are amazing. So happy to see your input.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Same reason I barely ever visit this forum as well. It's not interactive and people keep trying to tell you to refer to some old 2012 threads. I used to come on here more but now it's rare.
I loved reading the threads you would post on 😂 You’ve helped me a lot during my journey.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Same reason I barely ever visit this forum as well. It's not interactive and people keep trying to tell you to refer to some old 2012 threads. I used to come on here more but now it's rare.
same I used to be on sct everyday back in 2013-16 know its 5 times a year maybe, just to see if their is something new or a hot topic which is rarely the case kinda sad.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts