Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried accupunture in their battle against the almighty wrinkle? I have just started. Hoping that it may help with circulation and then finaly the distribution of collagen. Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mony, my accupuncture who has been in this field for over 25 years don't believe in this.
Let us know if this is working for you!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The truth is I've been doing it for a month every morning (faithfully! since I tuned 45 late June) I think I see improvement I don't notice the lines around my eyes or the number 11 between my eyes and the lines in my forehead aren't as extreme. But it isn't doing anything for the numerous burns on my face as of yet.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the machine here at home to help lessen the amount of pills I take for pain. I was reading through the book that comes with it and just got the idea to try it. What did I have to loose right? By no means has rid me of wrinkles but has made them less severe and my skin does seem to look better. I think it's stil too early but I do see changes.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
When you said you have a machine, do you mean a tens machine with the pads or you actually connect it to the needles?

I have a tens machine and I'm only using the electricity and it's been months and I see little improvements for my upper eyelids, (eye lift) but does nothing for the wrinkles.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I don't use the tens unit it just made me worse. The one I use is an acuhealth- looks like a big pen. no needles painless and does help control pain somewhat. as for the eye lift you brought up I find that interesting, never heard of trying that with acupuncture before today. Thanks something new to look up and try.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Now you got me interested in this acuhealth, I went to see the site but can't find the price, Can you tell me how much you paid?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it's expenssive but for the pain reduction alone, it's worth it to me. It costs 700. canadian. I got mine at Shoppers Drugmart.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To answer your question Fawnie Yes I did burn myself face arms- you name it I used to be a welder. So now I have all these little brown discolorations arms , face neck. That was 20 yrs ago and I still have them- can't seem to get rid of them. That is why I was asking yesterday about strivectin, supposedly amazing to changing skin discolorations, and apparently really good for wrinkles too. But at 200.$ a pop I really have to think about that one.
As for beauty Trix Accupuncture really does not hurt. (Honest) I am not into pain what so ever If it hurt I would not do it. But it really relieves pain. and helps reduce swelling- I swear sometimes it's the only reason I can function.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is really good to know mony, I have this thing about needles....Slowly I am getting over it as I recently have had to check my blood sugar three times a day by doing a small poke on my finger...this is probably more painful than accupuncture lol!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
BeautyTrix, the accupuncture needles are so small, I had it done by a woman and also by a man, and with the woman I felt nothing, and with the man (my former boss) I really felt those needles, but nothing to compare to the test for blood sugar.

My former boss always replies: it has to sting to stimulate energy and the healing process

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yes I have to agree I have acupuncture done for sinus problem and the immune system.
It doesn't hurt at all. I think a mosquito bite it more painful

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually great for sinus, allergies too! LOL! I quit taking allergy pills a year ago when I got the accupuncture machine. It's great! Also use it on my scalp it seems to help stimulate the growth of my hair. Which is great cause I never could grow my head past my collar bone now it's half way down my back!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Actually great for sinus, allergies too! LOL! I quit taking allergy pills a year ago when I got the accupuncture machine. It's great! Also use it on my scalp it seems to help stimulate the growth of my hair. Which is great cause I never could grow my head past my collar bone now it's half way down my back!
Mony, Oh I'm sorry about your burns, but I take it they are all healed by now and not painful any more? It's just the brown spots you're trying to get rid of? I don't have any knowledge of how to get rid of them, but will look around the interwebs a bit. Are they deep or superficial?

Tell me about this stimulating the hair thing....do you have to know meridians or do you just place the needles randomly?

I saw a video online about the acupuncture facelift and am dying to try it when I find the time and DH is not around....LOL.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts